Post-Game Talk: Oilers put up a complete and flashy performance - Smith with the shutout*

Which was more Oilgasmic?

• Total voters

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
We still need to win two more but I still remember those Flames fans telling me it's gonna be Flames in 5....where are they now?
y14hyV.gif

...my best guess.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Kevin Weekes was just on Tim and Friends glowing about how good Connor has been. And after singing his praises, he paused and stated that he wanted to point out that Matthews was on the same level. My god, these guys can't pass up a chance to pander to the Toronto crowd.

Idiots. So biased.

Reactions: McDavidKindaFast

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I told the old man before this series started, it'll be won and lost on goaltending on both sides. Smith has had a wicked bounce back from the first few minutes of game 1 and game 2.

Markstrom has been on a steady projection of allowing 4+ per game and like I said yesterday, is Calgary's weakest link. The Oilers are in his head now.

Calgary and Dallas went seven games because they're both slow teams. Calgary's top line is quick but that's it. They struggled with Dallas because although Dallas looked like a beer league team most nights, Oettinger was the reason the series went to the max. They can't handle the Oilers speed and transition. Dallas scored just 14 goals through 7 games. Edmonton has 15 through 3. Smith is also on fire right now again.

Quick is why LA took the Oilers to 7. Markstrom is nowhere near as good as Quick.

The Flames will come out hard but Smith said it himself post game last night, they learned a huge lesson from game 4 against LA and they won't make the same mistake again. Edmonton is taking tomorrow nights game. They have Calgary on the ropes.
This is a good post.

DeAngelo over Barrie would have had a waterfall effect that would’ve made this team so much better on paper.

Having DeAngelo on the team, we could have made a huge push to sign Larsson with the cap space and subsequently wouldn’t have traded for Keith.

Nurse - Larsson
Jones - Bouchard
Kulak - Ceci

Probably need an upgrade still on 2LD but I like that a lot better. Keith/Barrie out, Jones/Larsson + goalie help in
At least have the decency to put Kulak over Caleb Jones.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
CP has been a major disappointment the last few days. They accept that McDavid is the best player in the world and that our stars are vastly outplaying their stars. There is a couple of knuckleheads who want to injure mcD but most have been pretty level headed.

I feel so cheated as it is usually more fun on their boards after a loss than it is on our boards after a win.
Best was when the Flames lost that series to Dallas a few years back. I think Loubardias was on the radio crying after the game. At least that is what it sounded like to me.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Not that the boys need any more motivation, but the media just keep providing them with more. Between comments like this, and the crap spewing from Chucky and Ratmuss, gonna have 19 pissed off players on Tuesday. Actually 20 pissed off players. I like it.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Not that the boys need any more motivation, but the media just keep providing them with more. Between comments like this, and the crap spewing from Chucky and Ratmuss, gonna have 19 pissed off players on Tuesday. Actually 20 pissed off players. I like it.

I can't find that tweet, must have been a reply. Farhan Lols-ji with the roflcopter idiotic take. What a potato of a reporter.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I can't find that tweet, must have been a reply. Farhan Lols-ji with the roflcopter idiotic take. What a potato of a reporter.
That can’t actually be real lol. Lalji is a fan of the BC teams so I dunno why he would even get involved here lol.

EDIT - I found the tweet. He tried to backtrack a bit afterwards but still.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
That can’t actually be real lol. Lalji is a fan of the BC teams so I dunno why he would even get involved here lol.

EDIT - I found the tweet. He tried to backtrack a bit afterwards but still.

Yeah I thought he was a Canucks / Lions beat guy. What a tool though. I can sort of see why some media would say “one guy is the most important on the team” (you could say that for a lot of teams) and how McDavid makes everyone better, but the way he worded it was some disrespectful and ignorant bullshit. Basically exposed his lack of ability to judge the sport. Immediately anything he writes about hockey is now worthless, completely invalid.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Him and Tim had a great point. Look at the superstars from other sports: Curry, James, Tiger Woods, etc. The superstars are aging. It goes to tennis, football, soccer, even track and field.

McDavid is the top athlete on the planet in any sport at this time.
Which was then spoiled by Weekes because of the need to say that Matthews was in the same tier. Matthews deserves credit for the year he had but hockey media pandering has no bounds it seems when it comes to the Leafs. In contrast, the Oilers has Spector and Matheson who seem to want to find any means possible to criticize the team and its players. The good news for them is that there has been lots of reason to do so. But even with that they still go way to far.

It's not new. The Toronto media held onto the Gretzky is nothing special longer than anyone outside of Stan Fischler who at 90 years of age may still cling to this position.

Last edited:

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada
If one guy is beating them they should just forfeit the series . Saying this just makes them look bad . Remember all those idiots bash they Oilers about going to 7 games to beat the Kings ? I hope the Oilers finish the Flames in 5 games which should say a lot about those idiots

My brother is a Flames fan . Was text me about kicking ass as soon as we tied it 3-3 in game 2 no more texting . He did ask me the score after 2 periods last night . I told him and he said he stop watching because the Flames always choke . I find Flames fans quit on their team as fast as the Flames quit .
Read the game thread in here after game 1. It’s not just Flames fans 😉

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
As much as I’ve made fun of Francis over the years for being a shameless homer, I’d prefer him over Spector. There’s no question Francis is a Flames fan and wants them to do well. I’m having a hard time remembering any time in Mark Spector’s 30 or so year association with the Oilers where it appears he might be a fan of the team or wants to see them do well. I know we’ve had a lot of dark years here but he can’t even support them in a year where they’re doing well, he’s still more interested in stirring shit. I’m surprised any of the players still talk to him.

His new, and possibly most annoying schtick is to say how "but you would want him on your team!" with respect to any player that does something greasy that pisses people off. He did it with Mikey Anderson and now the same thing with Lucic.

So f***ing annoying. It's not the point you pompous dumbass.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

Lalji should stick to the CFL. Either his brain isn't capable of processing the sport of hockey or he doesn't actually watch and parrots archaic narratives from the Toronto media that should have died five years ago.

And how the hell did he even earn a journalism degree without knowing simple grammatical rules? It's "nobodies," not "nobody's." That tweet looks written by some random keyboard warrior in his mother's basement. Not an actual "reporter" who has no clue how to use an apostrophe.

Last edited:

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
He’s right. It’s 2-1. If Shelbyville wins tonight it’s a best of 3 with them having home outhouse advantage. The Oilers are playing really well, the Flames aren’t, but there’s many a slip between cup and lip. I’ll gloat if we win the series. Not until then.
No..he's wrong..IF they win...hypothetical..being up 2 to 1 is better, statistically...period that's a fact .

He Said Calgary has a better chance of winning still..that's categorically false.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta

Yup, some real salty Flames players and fans after game 3 huh? 😜

Reactions: Duke74

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
His new, and possibly most annoying schtick is to say how "but you would want him on your team!" with respect to any player that does something greasy that pisses people off. He did it with Mikey Anderson and now the same thing with Lucic.

So f***ing annoying. It's not the point you pompous dumbass.
Especially in Lucics case this could not be further from the truth. Nobody wanted him nobody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad