Oilers PR move today

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
So I am driving in my SUV and decide to stop at a local Tim Hortons for a coffee and bagel. While I am waiting in the drive through I notice the guy serving at the window is wearing an Oilers jersey and cap. I thought that was a little odd but I placed my order and waited. When I got to the window the guy gave me my coffee and bagel and I reached to hand him the $. He put his hand up to stop me and said "your order today is on the Edmonton Oilers and thank you for your support for the team." (approximately what he said) I thought the whole thing was a little surreal and wanted to share it with the board. Probably not thread worthy but I didnt know where to post this.

DregerFan

Jul 4, 2007
it only took 2.25 to make it a surreal experience for this guy.

your post alone is a return on their investment. good job.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
it only took 2.25 to make it a surreal experience for this guy.

your post alone is a return on their investment. good job.

I guess the Oilers should just skip flu shot lines or something like that.

Would've liked to make it to Edmonton but unfortunately employment and the Cowboy Capital are my calling.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
They had players working at some locations today. It would be funny if you were served by Eberle and didn't realize it :laugh:

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
I can bash the Oilers Managment/ownership for alot of things but think this is good of them and at least they are making a effort to show that they appreciate our business, more then can be said about alot of companies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Yea nice gesture for the fans. Good on the team definitely impressed by this.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Did Scrivens serve you coffee OP?

zNLFwKp.png

"who the hell was that guy?!"

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I know the Oilers are huge in Edmonton, but I wonder how many people would recognize Hendricks and Scrivens if they weren't wearing the jerseys?

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
They had players working at some locations today. It would be funny if you were served by Eberle and didn't realize it :laugh:

Him I would recognize:) But some of the other guys like Scrivens maybe not.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Him I would recognize:) But some of the other guys like Scrivens maybe not.

Haha you should go on the Oilers twitter and look at the pictures from today. There is a picture of Hendricks there (and the Scrivens one is right above you)

Was it one of those guys at the window?

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Haha you should go on the Oilers twitter and look at the pictures from today. There is a picture of Hendricks there (and the Scrivens one is right above you)

Was it one of those guys at the window?

Actually I think it was Scrivens. I thought the guy kind of looked scruffy:) It never occurred to me that it might one of the players.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
can't really diss them for it. don't like the reasons they need to do these types of gestures. Wish they would run their team well in the first place. Wish Mr. Katz ran his hockey team in the same manner that he runs his drug stores, like a serious business.

but by itself, its pretty cool. I mean, they're trying. they know they've let us down. I would like to have a chance to tell a player that it is not them we are angry with, it is their bosses. every tossed jersey is a statement of disgust with management.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
So the players are doing PR on behalf of their shiitake management in order to boost public confidence in the team before rolling out the season ticket renewal drive.

Too little, too late.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So the players are doing PR on behalf of their shiitake management in order to boost public confidence in the team before rolling out the season ticket renewal drive.

Too little, too late.

Or they're just... nice guys? Why does everything the Oilers do have to be some kind of conspiracy?

They don't HAVE to do these things, you know. Try to appreciate what they do instead of spitting at them every time you see them.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
This wasn't a PR move at all, it was Tim Hortons marketing themselves and using the Oilers to do it.

You think the Oilers (the team not the players) didn't get paid for that whole thing today?

Just advertising, that's it.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This wasn't a PR move at all, it was Tim Hortons marketing themselves and using the Oilers to do it.

You think the Oilers (the team not the players) didn't get paid for that whole thing today?

Just advertising, that's it.

This makes sense. Wonder if it happened in any other cities?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Actually I think it was Scrivens. I thought the guy kind of looked scruffy:) It never occurred to me that it might one of the players.

He was at the Tim Hortons on 104th ave if that's the one you went to.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Scrivens' eyes...he's seen some **** since he's been here. Mother****** looks like he hasn't eaten in weeks, LOOK AT HIS ARMS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad