Oilers PP sinks them. 4-2 Rags

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I'm not even mad.

I was expecting like a 5-0 blowout win for the Rangers so I'll take the close loss on the road.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hey Woodcroft, get Schultz off the Pp first pairing already. Even Davidson will be a suitable choice, considering he 1)has a rocket 2) actually shoots it.

Schultz is a plug.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This one is on the coaching staff.

The longer we continue to run with this useless, pretty powerplay the longer we will continue to piss away opportunities.

We all know these very players are capable of lighting it up on the PP, but time and time again we have seen that when the coaching staff of the day tries to reinvent the wheel the PP fails. Just keep it simple, and for the love of God keep Schultz off of it.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Hey Woodcroft, get Schultz off the Pp first pairing already. Even Davidson will be a suitable choice, considering he 1)has a rocket 2) actually shoots it.

Schultz is a plug.

Get Nuge off the half board also while he's at it

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Now I know why Sharks fans were so happy when they got rid of Woodcroft. Garbage PP coach.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Shutlz is so terrible. He basically did a drop pass to a Ranger in the third period. He was responsible for the pp that led to the winning goal. Oh and that pp and extra man at the end are absolutely horrendous. How can a team with so many high end players be so terrible on the pp? anyone..?

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
The resident doom and gloomers of the board finally get to have their day.

Obvious gripe is the PP. This game was on a silver platter.

No surprise that the defence looks suspect without Klefbom munching so many minutes.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Team looked alright tonight.

Rags are really good at blocking shots.

Looked to me like Drai was deliberately taking really short shifts late.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don't like the PP lines. Why the hell are Nuge and Drai on one line. Two playmakers? And Eberle's forced to make plays with bottom 6 role players on the second pp pairing.

Makes zero sense.

May as well keep our best point shot on the team (Davidson) on the bench while we're at it.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The resident doom and gloomers of the board finally get to have their day.

Obvious gripe is the PP. This game was on a silver platter.

isn't that encouraging enough though? We were tired. We were on the road. I like our chances next game. Even the best teams lose games, and very often those losses look like the game we just played.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I would of liked to have seen Todd start talbot again for a couple of reasons.

1. He basically won our last game for us

2. Nilsson struggled against the rangers last time they played.

Plus I think talbot would of had extra motivation facing his former team.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Rough game but had to lose sometime. And at least it was against an Eastern team.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
What is seriously wrong with RNH this season? He doesn't look like his usual self.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Makes zero sense.

May as well keep our best point shot on the team (Davidson) on the bench while we're at it.

You would think somebody that has a cannon and willing to shoot aka Davidson would be the guy to use with Klefbom still out. Yet Woodcroft keeps putting out Schultz for some reason. With all of the offensive powers the oilers have, Woodcroft needs to figure his **** out. Just a horrible PP/line/system by him.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Mix the PP units up next game.

unit 1

Hall Drai Eberle

Nurse Nikitin

unit 2

Purcell Nuge Pouliot

Davidson Sekera

or something to that effect.

I can't wait for McDavid and Yak to get back...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad