Speculation: Oilers Playoff Beards

sdimedru

Jan 19, 2007
To hell with playoff beards. They should grow mutton chop sideburns instead. They were cool in the 1800's and it feels like it's been that long since we've last bore witness to an Oilers playoff game.

Imagine bearing down on Gryba while he's rocking a pair of these bad boys? Or Kassian coming in to lay a monster hit? Or Mclellan during a post game presser?

2-1.jpg

Kassian likes your idea...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I noticed McDavid shaved off his beard recently.

If I had to guess, I'd say he's superstitious and when it wasn't working for him on the scoreboard, he shaved it off.

Leon's is growing in nicely, and Talbot looks like his beard has plateaued. :laugh:

Nugey McNugeson

Nov 24, 2014
Edmonton
I noticed McDavid shaved off his beard recently.

If I had to guess, I'd say he's superstitious and when it wasn't working for him on the scoreboard, he shaved it off.

Leon's is growing in nicely, and Talbot looks like his beard has plateaued. :laugh:

Except he hasn't shaved?

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
I commited to one a few days ago. Around the time of the last run I had a Mennonite beard going in no time. Probably not going to happen this time--not enough time.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Funny enough I've had some compliments on my beard from a few people. Including two females. :naughty:

That was a week ago though and I feel I'm past the point where this untrimmed beard looks good. I've never had much facial hair in my life but when this magical run ends I think I'm gonna keep a bit of it. Chicks dig some scruff I've been told.

vsove

Apr 13, 2017
Edmonton, AB
I've committed to the Kassian chops if the Oilers make it past the second round.

As a result, my wife is conflicted as to who she wants to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad