Speculation: Oilers Playoff Beards

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
In for RNH progress.
Seems like he had a little soul patch and some stubble after LA.

maxresdefault.jpg

He's channeling his inner Crosby, hopefully.:laugh:

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
So I was only in third grade the last time we were in the playoffs. Are we supposed to grow beards too?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
When is the right time to grow the playoff beard? Should I shave right before the playoffs? Keep growing it now? When's the cut off?

I need to buzz mine off before it starts as I look like Sasquatch right now. If I left it from now and the boys went on a lengthy run I'd start looking like Brent Burns :laugh:

wolfpackxvx

Vegan Power
Mar 4, 2013
i have had a beard almost everyday for the entire decade of darkness.
so i will be starting a new tradition. THE PLAYOFF SHAVE!!

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
To hell with playoff beards. They should grow mutton chop sideburns instead. They were cool in the 1800's and it feels like it's been that long since we've last bore witness to an Oilers playoff game.

Imagine bearing down on Gryba while he's rocking a pair of these bad boys? Or Kassian coming in to lay a monster hit? Or Mclellan during a post game presser?

2-1.jpg

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I hadn't considered it maybe because I was 20 during the last run and couldn't grow a beard if my life depended on it but my friend mentioned doing it after we clinch. I liked the idea since I'm now 30 and can grow only a thin patchy beard and could use the head start.. Shaved the morning after and am not looking back until the boys hoist the cup! (Hopefully)

Also the team came into my work the night they finished off Detroit in 06. Jason Smith asked me where the bathroom was and it struck fear in my heart.. his was my favorite. I'd like to see Nurse with a huge beard. Could be scary

Last edited:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I feel Pakarinen could pull off a sweet walrus style moustache. RNH has the creepy musketeer look for sure.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Let the players grow the beards, and forget the orange crush money grab - fans need to all go to games with those weird cake sparklers everyone held up in all the 80s glory videos.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
We should start a gofundme campaign to get a facial hair transplant for the nuge. He has less facial hair than my grandma.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad