Post-Game Talk: Oilers overcome rotten Soup

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
You’re really set on name calling and labeling people. Not going to answer your earlier question, there’s been enough energy wasted on that. I just was pointing out what how it’s pointless to debate with someone that uses all-star appearances to claim player A is not comparable to player B. It’s nonsense.

I'm in the midst of an unfortunate interaction with another poster. I didn't like his response and have been defending myself. I don't think people really applies to the situation. But if you do so be it.

I gave those as quick examples because I didn't have time to look further. While those definitely wouldn't be the only data points used in comparing players, they are part of the picture in comparing players.

I understood the first time you didn't like those quick comparables I gave. That's why I asked you what would better be used as comparables.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
I googled it as you demanded. Some definitions refer to it in the plural form but not all.

You only said it once in our exchange. If you don't know what I read or didn't read the most common expectation would be what is in our exchange. You do sound angry.

Well we got you to move off the hypocrisy and not wasting your time tropes. I did as you ordered and googled the definition of y'all. You do sound angry.
I mean we can go back to hypocrisy if you want. You called me a liar and an angry bully, were passive aggressive. But sit on your high horse and complain about personal insults? K cool.

Once again. Not angry it's a hockey forum and I'm discussing a player on our team.

I wasn’t angry until you accused me of being angry, motherf***er!

Uhhh :sarcasm: just in case
Y'ALL ANNNNNNNGGGRRRYYYY

• Haha
Reactions: nabob and ZJuice

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I wasn’t angry until you accused me of being angry, motherf***er!

Uhhh :sarcasm: just in case

4D4BCC41-73CF-41B7-8FC4-B7B110BD597C.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ZJuice

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Anyone have a clip of Ekholm being interviewed on the ice after the game and the fans going crazy? Would like to hear that.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
He might be and with guys like Tugnutt Scrivens Labarbera Fasth and guftasson that’s really saying something.

Labarbera was REALLY bad, but even then I’m not sure even he was Campbell level. Thankfully in Labarbera’s case is his contract allowed us to jettison him ASAP when it was apparent he wasn’t an NHL player.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Labarbera was REALLY bad, but even then I’m not sure even he was Campbell level. Thankfully in Labarbera’s case is his contract allowed us to jettison him ASAP when it was apparent he wasn’t an NHL player.
JDD was the other I guy I couldn’t remember his name. Yeah I think Campbell may just be the worst :oops:

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
If Skinner is ever injured in the playoffs, the Oilers are toast. I wish they seriously address their backup goalie situation. Would have waived Campbell months ago and brought up Pickard or trade for a better backup at the TDL. Major fail.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Stolen from @Jimmi McJenkins on page 8!

Gotta love this guy. He’s really embracing this opportunity after years of playing in the shadow of guys like Josi and Weber even though he’s a great player in his own right and he’s really showing it right now.

He’s a guy I’ve wanted on the Oilers for years, when there was rumblings he might be available I didn’t shut up about how he should be at the top of our list and it sounds like Holland has felt that way for a long time as well.

I could go on forever about all the parts of this guys game that I love but I really like how he takes the ice given to him and he’s decisive about it. The other thing I’ve noticed is he never takes a shift off, consistent effort and execution every time he steps on the ice, very rarely makes a mistake.

• Love
Reactions: ZJuice and McNuge

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Like you can see him get "those chills" in real time and he knows this is different. Nashville was loud and proud about their team, but this is different and he knows it.

There's a pretty distinct difference between "gee these fans are loud" and "these fans and city are loud, but also care about the team to their core."

Gotta love this guy. He’s really embracing this opportunity after years of playing in the shadow of guys like Josi and Weber even though he’s a great player in his own right and he’s really showing it right now.

He’s a guy I’ve wanted on the Oilers for years, when there was rumblings he might be available I didn’t shut up about how he should be at the top of our list and it sounds like Holland has felt that way for a long time as well.

I could go on forever about all the parts of this guys game that I love but I really like how he takes the ice given to him and he’s decisive about it. The other thing I’ve noticed is he never takes a shift off, consistent effort and execution every time he steps on the ice, very rarely makes a mistake.

The only slight fault I see with him so far is that sometimes he gets caught a bit far up ice, but those times are rare and other than maybe once or twice pretty much inconsequential.

He's the only player on our defense that I am confident will make a good play when he has the puck 99% of the time and not do something dumb. He has incredible hockey sense and makes quality reads all over the ice. Love watching defensemen like this play.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So I saw when the game starts. Really...at 8:30 PM? On a night there is only 2 f***ING games? What the hell?
Are you suggesting the NHL put 6 of it's superstars in position to get alot of eye on them on a light schedule day? Why do that, when everyone can go to sleep first.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Have y'all never worked for a private company where some of the least competent people just constantly fail upwards or what!? XD
They might suck at there job but ironically its usually the sucking that helps them climb the latter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad