Post-Game Talk: Oilers overcome rotten Soup

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
If I was as bad as Campbell is but worked for the city, I’d probably get promoted

I was texting a buddy last night about when we worked at the City together. You could very well be right as so much of that environment is about fitting the right demographic and kissing the right arse.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
It's re-read.

In a reply to my comment saying Nurse was worth $7M to $8M you chose to reply to me directly by quoting me comment. You saying I said he was only worth $4M which was a lie. You could have put up a general comment. I outlined how you could have put up a comment for everyone instead of replying to me. Instead you chose to make a churlish comment about "What do you want me to copy in every person who is crying about his contract?"

If you took offence at the dear diary comment I wonder why. I never mentioned you. How was I to know you never played professional hockey?

You replied once with the comparables. I apologize for missing that one time.

Werenski - played in an all-star game. 48 points in 21-22 compared to Nurse's 35 points in 21-22.
Seth Jones - played in four all-star games and made the NHL second all-star game before he signed his contract.
Dougie Hamilton - played in an all-star game and made the NHL second all-star game before he signed his contract.

Nurse. Never played in an all-star game. Never named to the NHL all-star team.

Perhaps you misunderstood. Nurse's comparables were meant to be comparables in terms of play and accomplishments. Not salary. You used those comparables once before. I again apologize for missing that. You did not name them 3-4 times. Why lie again?
Seems like a waste of time arguing with someone who is considers being an all-star an accomplishment in a league where a minimum of one player a team goes no matter what. We have McDavid who will always be the defacto all star and then we have Drai who is a top 5 forward at worst and needs to be voted in.

Jones and Werenski also see #1 pp time which Nurse barely has because of Barrie.

I also didn't take offense to your little comment, I was pointing out you were a hypocrite.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Seems like a waste of time arguing ....

I also didn't take offense to your little comment, I was pointing out you were a hypocrite.

Why would you keep doing something you consider a waste of time.

Not sure what your point is about hypocrisy. Especially looking at the quotation above. I moved on and replied to another poster. Yet you continue.

I have no idea whether or not you played hockey professionally so the Dear Diary comment wasn't directed at you.

All because you lied repeatedly. I'm not perfect. I missed the first time you mentioned the three comparables and apologized twice for that. But instead you continue. Keep up the good work!

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Why would you keep doing something you consider a waste of time.

Not sure what your point is about hypocrisy. Especially looking at the quotation above. I moved on and replied to another poster. Yet you continue.

I have no idea whether or not you played hockey professionally so the Dear Diary comment wasn't directed at you.

All because you lied repeatedly. I'm not perfect. I missed the first time you mentioned the three comparables and apologized twice for that. But instead you continue. Keep up the good work!
Lmfao w.e bud. You keep replying to me. Do you want me to apologize for going to make dinner and not replying in seconds?

You clearly don't understand the word Y'ALL means you all, cause you got all butt hurt and thought I was directing it at you.

Lied repeatedly... Get a f***in grip.

Also nice that you didn't comment on the all Star game. Maybe you learned something and saw how dumb of a comment it was

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Lmfao w.e bud. You keep replying to me.

Maybe you learned something and saw how dumb of a comment it was

Yet just 55 minutes ago you said the following but still continue to argue...

Seems like a waste of time arguing with someone who is considers being an all-star an accomplishment in a league where a minimum of one player a team goes no matter what.

You lied repeatedly and have now descended to personal insults. I took offense at your lying to me. I didn't insult you. The one reasonable point you made, that I missed the one time you named three comparables to Nurse, I apologized for it. Yet you even lied about how many times you mentioned that.

I do note that you have moved off your hypocrisy line. I'm simply defending myself while watching tv. The best way to deal with the angry bullies who lie and insult people on these boards is to never let them get what they want. You want to get a rise out of me and it won't happen. Like most bullies your comments are full of inaccuracies which are met by personal insults when highlighted. I won't descend into personal insults. I won't lie. I'll just point out your lies and personal insults.

Why do you like wasting your time?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Seems like a waste of time arguing with someone who is considers being an all-star an accomplishment in a league where a minimum of one player a team goes no matter what. We have McDavid who will always be the defacto all star and then we have Drai who is a top 5 forward at worst and needs to be voted in.

Jones and Werenski also see #1 pp time which Nurse barely has because of Barrie.

Yeah using all-star appearances and points as the sole way of determine a defenseman’s value is pretty silly.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Yet just 55 minutes ago you said the following but still continue to argue...

You lied repeatedly and have now descended to personal insults. I took offense at your lying to me. I didn't insult you. The one reasonable point you made, that I missed the one time you named three comparables to Nurse, I apologized for it. Yet you even lied about how many times you mentioned that.

I do note that you have moved off your hypocrisy line. I'm simply defending myself while watching tv. The best way to deal with the angry bullies who lie and insult people on these boards is to never let them get what they want. You want to get a rise out of me and it won't happen. Like most bullies your comments are full of inaccuracies which are met by personal insults when highlighted. I won't descend into personal insults. I won't lie. I'll just point out your lies and personal insults.

Why do you like wasting your time?

First shot taken by you bucko with your little passive aggressive diary comment. I was clearing up the word y'all because you didn't understand what I said.

Cries about personal insults then goes on to call someone and angry bully lmfao ok there champ.

I don't want a rise out of you, I was trying to have a discussion on this hockey board about a hockey player. You took offense thinking I was singling you out even AFTER I explained myself.

You did descend to personal insults and you did lie.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah using all-star appearances and points as the sole way of determine a defenseman’s value is pretty silly.
Especially one who gets minimal powerplay time.

It's re-read.

In a reply to my comment saying Nurse was worth $7M to $8M you chose to reply to me directly by quoting me comment. You saying I said he was only worth $4M which was a lie. You could have put up a general comment. I outlined how you could have put up a comment for everyone instead of replying to me. Instead you chose to make a churlish comment about "What do you want me to copy in every person who is crying about his contract?"

If you took offence at the dear diary comment I wonder why. I never mentioned you. How was I to know you never played professional hockey?

You replied once with the comparables. I apologize for missing that one time.

Werenski - played in an all-star game. 48 points in 21-22 compared to Nurse's 35 points in 21-22.
Seth Jones - played in four all-star games and made the NHL second all-star game before he signed his contract.
Dougie Hamilton - played in an all-star game and made the NHL second all-star game before he signed his contract.

Nurse. Never played in an all-star game. Never named to the NHL all-star team.

Perhaps you misunderstood. Nurse's comparables were meant to be comparables in terms of play and accomplishments. Not salary. You used those comparables once before. I again apologize for missing that. You did not name them 3-4 times. Why lie again?
Why are you using Werenski's stats from 21-22 when Nurse signed before that season.

So did Werenski.

Also 5on5 they had comparable stats, Werenski pulls ahead because hes on the powerplay cause his team sucks and has no one good on it.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
First shot taken by you bucko with your little passive aggressive diary comment. I was clearing up the word y'all because you didn't understand what I said.
You lied about me saying Nurse was worth four million when replying to my comment that he was worth $7M to $8M. You used the word "cries", which apparently isn't a personal insult to you.

Cries about personal insults then goes on to call someone and angry bully lmfao ok there champ.

Starts his claim about me being a hypocrite over personal insults with a personal insult. True cognitive disonance.

I don't want a rise out of you, I was trying to have a discussion on this hockey board about a hockey player. You took offense thinking I was singling you out even AFTER I explained myself.

Good. You aren't getting a rise out of me. You don't want to waste your time yet you continue. The one mistake I made, I apologized for repeatedly. You lied and insulted me with the cries comment. Then tried to cover it up with an interpretation of y'all that is divorced from the commonly accepted use of the term.

You did descend to personal insults and you did lie.
lol What did I lie about? That is if you want to waste your time. If you don't want to waste your time and don't want to get a rise out of me then you shouldn't have anything more to say.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022

What do you think are better comparables for Jones/Werenski/Hamilton and Nurse?

Why are you using Werenski's stats from 21-22 when Nurse signed before that season.

Two reasons.

21-22 was the season before both contracts took effect and when Werenski's contract was signed.

Also 5on5 they had comparable stats, Werenski pulls ahead because hes on the powerplay cause his team sucks and has no one good on it.

Which stats would you have preferred I use?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What do you think are better comparables for Jones/Werenski/Hamilton and Nurse?

Two reasons.

21-22 was the season before both contracts took effect and when Werenski's contract was signed.

Werenski signed his contract July 29 2021.

Thats before the 21-22 season.

Nurse signed his contract Aug 6 2021.

Also before the 21-22 season.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Werenski signed his contract July 29 2021.

Thats before the 21-22 season.

Nurse signed his contract Aug 6 2021.

Also before the 21-22 season.

Ok. I made a mistake. I apologize if you think I'm a hypocrite.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

You could start by comparing the seasons before they actually signed and realize they were pretty close with Nurse having the slight edge.

Nurse also did this while seeing much harder deployment

Reactions: nabob

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
You lied about me saying Nurse was worth four million when replying to my comment that he was worth $7M to $8M. You used the word "cries", which apparently isn't a personal insult to you.

Starts his claim about me being a hypocrite over personal insults with a personal insult. True cognitive disonance.

Good. You aren't getting a rise out of me. You don't want to waste your time yet you continue. The one mistake I made, I apologized for repeatedly. You lied and insulted me with the cries comment. Then tried to cover it up with an interpretation of y'all that is divorced from the commonly accepted use of the term.

lol What did I lie about? That is if you want to waste your time. If you don't want to waste your time and don't want to get a rise out of me then you shouldn't have anything more to say.

Posts 423, 433, 459 all mentioned his 3 comparables by name. Post 467 once again mentioned comparables, not by name directly but I figured the person so gung ho about arguing with me would have actually read what I wrote. There you go 3-4 times which you repeatedly called me a liar on.

ONCE AGAIN I explained what I meant by Y'ALL and even said "copy in everyone?" clearly meaning MULTIPLE...
How on earth is it divorced use of the term? it literally means YOU ALL... I literally explained what I meant in my first reply when I saw you took it the wrong way.

There you go CRYING about being insulted but can't accept that you were initially passive aggressive towards me and then decided to call me an angry bully.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
You could start by comparing the seasons before they actually signed and realize they were pretty close with Nurse having the slight edge.

Nurse also did this while seeing much harder deployment

The problem with the first approach is the disparate level of competition in the bubble season. How should that be adjusted for?

Which statistical comparison do you recommend for this deployment you mention?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The problem with the first approach is the disparate level of competition in the bubble season. How should that be adjusted for?

Which statistical comparison do you recommend for this deployment you mention?
So what you're saying is you refuse to take any comparisons before he signs his contract due to not playing the exact same competition and such?

Reactions: nabob

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Posts 423, 433, 459 all mentioned his 3 comparables by name. Post 467 once again mentioned comparables, not by name directly but I figured the person so gung ho about arguing with me would have actually read what I wrote. There you go 3-4 times which you repeatedly called me a liar on.

423 and 433 were before we interacted. Of course I didn't read those comments. Post 467 is irrelevant. For someone who didn't want to waste their time you spent a lot of time trying to prove a point that is irrelevant. What's next? You are going to use examples from other threads?

ONCE AGAIN I explained what I meant by Y'ALL and even said "copy in everyone?" clearly meaning MULTIPLE...
How on earth is it divorced use of the term? it literally means YOU ALL... I literally explained what I meant in my first reply when I saw you took it the wrong way.

You don't need the all caps to illustrate your anger. That is clear. Again, you haven't been in the South so that explains your misunderstanding of the common and historical usage of y'all. Ask a southerner. Y'all isn't used exclusively to multiple people.

There you go CRYING about being insulted but can't accept that you were initially passive aggressive towards me and then decided to call me an angry bully.
You did insult me to begin with. Y'all as commonly accepted applies to all people and my reading in context was hat would be most commonly accepted. You don't want to waste your time but you keep pushing the point. Your obstinate defense of y'all is sad. Your anger is evident in your use of all caps. If I make a mistake I apologize. As I did with the one time I read your comparables.

Anxiously waiting for your next entry in not wasting your time.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
So what you're saying is you refuse to take any comparisons before he signs his contract due to not playing the exact same competition and such?

No. What I am saying is what I said. The problem with the first approach is the disparate level of competition in the bubble season. How should that be adjusted for? Which statistical comparison do you recommend for this deployment you mention?

Those questions weren't a refusal of any kind. I was being sincere in asking both those questions and still am.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
423 and 433 were before we interacted. Of course I didn't read those comments. Post 467 is irrelevant. For someone who didn't want to waste their time you spent a lot of time trying to prove a point that is irrelevant. What's next? You are going to use examples from other threads?

You don't need the all caps to illustrate your anger. That is clear. Again, you haven't been in the South so that explains your misunderstanding of the common and historical usage of y'all. Ask a southerner. Y'all isn't used exclusively to multiple people.

You did insult me to begin with. Y'all as commonly accepted applies to all people and my reading in context was hat would be most commonly accepted. You don't want to waste your time but you keep pushing the point. Your obstinate defense of y'all is sad. Your anger is evident in your use of all caps. If I make a mistake I apologize. As I did with the one time I read your comparables.

Anxiously waiting for your next entry in not wasting your time.
How do I know what you read and didn't read? I'm not quoting something in a different thread I'm literally quoting something on the page before... But go on keep calling me a liar about it. How is it irrelevant?

Google y'all. I don't care what you think it means. It has a meaning and I've explained myself idk how many times now.

I'm not angry at all, using caps doesn't mean you're yelling... Shoot I mean you are. Idk how you'll interpret that. Oh sorry you'll also means you will or you shall. The dictionary is my source incase you're wondering.

Yeah you apologized and then proceeded to call me a liar saying "YoU oNlY sAiD iT oNcE!!!!"

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Google y'all. I don't care what you think it means. It has a meaning and I've explained myself idk how many times now.

I googled it as you demanded. Some definitions refer to it in the plural form but not all.

How do I know what you read and didn't read? I'm not quoting something in a different thread I'm literally quoting something on the page before... But go on keep calling me a liar about it. How is it irrelevant?

I'm not angry at all, using caps doesn't mean you're yelling... Shoot I mean you are. Idk how you'll interpret that. Oh sorry you'll also means you will or you shall. The dictionary is my source incase you're wondering.

Yeah you apologized and then proceeded to call me a liar saying "YoU oNlY sAiD iT oNcE!!!!"

You only said it once in our exchange. If you don't know what I read or didn't read the most common expectation would be what is in our exchange. You do sound angry.

Well we got you to move off the hypocrisy and not wasting your time tropes. I did as you ordered and googled the definition of y'all. You do sound angry.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

You’re really set on name calling and labeling people. Not going to answer your earlier question, there’s been enough energy wasted on that. I just was pointing out what how it’s pointless to debate with someone that uses all-star appearances to claim player A is not comparable to player B. It’s nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad