Post-Game Talk: Oilers overcome all odds to win!

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I saw a list on quant hockey that if Conner hits 50 playoff points to be eligible he’d be 4th all time in points per playoff game. 1st among active players. Oh how things have changed
and the guy who would be tied with him: Leon Draisaitl

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Would like to see 11-7 at home.

Evander Kane -- Connor McDavid -- Leon Draisaitl

Zach Hyman -- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins -- Jesse Puljujarvi/Kailer Yamamoto

Ryan McLeod -- Derek Ryan--Jesse Puljujarvi/Kailer Yamamoto

Dylan Holloway -- Zack Kassian With McDavid or Draisaitl subbing in as Centre.

Darnell Nurse -- Cody Ceci

Duncan Keith -- Evan Bouchard

Brett Kulak -- Tyson Barrie

Philip Broberg

Mike Smith
I’m so used to these high scoring games, when I read your first sentence I thought, Ya, one of these games could end up 11-7. ;)

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I wonder if McDavid and Co. were aware at the time how close Markstrom was to signing with us, and now every time the Oilers play him they find an extra gear just to stick it to him.

Wouldn't shock me, tbh

Verbal agreement at the height of Free Agent frenzy, Kenny thought the job was done, then Markstrom turns around and signs with their biggest rival to play with his bestie. f***ing goof.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
What are with these disgusting adds this site has added like wtf.
They're gross. I usually read this site while eating and the toenail fungus ads keep coming up. So much for my appetite. I guess it's good for weight loss...lol.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Wouldn't shock me, tbh

Verbal agreement at the height of Free Agent frenzy, Kenny thought the job was done, then Markstrom turns around and signs with their biggest rival to play with his bestie. f***ing goof.
Who is his bestie? Tanev?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
He did, credit given. He was more tenacious last night and at least battling and creating 50/50's Would like to see better finish though. heh. Several players are out there renting Markstrom. Nuge to me is best in games where he gets angry. Team should work on that. Start stirring him pregame. Mock his horses or something. ;)

just playing around with the last comment.

Hyman Nuge line was huge and noted a lot in telecast by Simpson. They're allowing us to go with the stud top line that Flames can't handle. Big contribution and Hyman finish.

Agree... Nuge benefits greatly from players like Hyman that create Havoc. It allows Nuge to be successful at (IMO) his biggest strength, which is controlled puck recovery. Nuge might be the best on the team and gathering loose pucks and making that first pass to the most open guy which allows us to gain full control.

So many players would recover the puck and throw it to the nearest guy, or the one who might have a chance on goal if the risky pass works out. Not Nuge... with him he's always going to make the safest play immediately after regaining the puck. That's why he's been so effective on the power play his entire career. If you maintain possession, sooner or later the safest pass is the one into the back of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad