Speculation: Oilers off season targets

What should the Oilers focus on this off season?

• Goaltending Upgrade

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Left Side Defense Upgrade

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Right Side Defense Upgrade

Votes: 91 68.9%
  • Right Wing Upgrade

Votes: 11 8.3%

• Total voters

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
@Behind Enemy Lines @bellagiobob
I was looking for some Oilers content and stumbled across this article.
Not sure if this has been posted already but the article included a very interesting comment by Marchessault in game 6 of the series....

Marchessault spilled the beans on exactly how Vegas knew it could beat Edmonton

As more time passes and more info comes out I find myself even more convinced that their defensive system (man on man coverage) was one of the major reasons why the Oilers lost this series.
I would really like a reporter to ask Woodcroft about this.

I see this as a positive. Should be a pretty easy change to make going into next season. If changing from a man to man to a zone defense is the difference is we're looking good.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I see this as a positive. Should be a pretty easy change to make going into next season. If changing from a man to man to a zone defense is the difference is we're looking good.
I agree.

That said...I am left wondering why there wasnt an attempt to make an adjustment during the series. I have some theories about that but considering how obvious it was that their defensive system let them down...why wasnt something done?
That concerns me a little.
In series adjustments are usually done if the coach recognizes where the breakdowns are occurring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad