Speculation: Oilers News Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Bob all show has been referencing to breaking news today, something that will prove this is Mact's team. Hes not telling what it is, but he is having trouble keeping it in. Has referenced mulitiple times already.

Any guesses?

Eakins fired?
Lowe let go?
Trade coming?

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
He is consistently chosen, year after year, to play a leadership role with Hockey Canada. But when it comes down to it, this is Craig MacTavish’s team. He is the GM. He makes the calls, and he is accountable for building a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup -- year in and year out for years to come.

That's the big news.

I hate this team.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Ill assume a new martini recipe is being released.

Mact; I call it the MacTavish..
Press; How does this have to do with hockey?
MacT; try it...
*drinks and then chokes on own blood*

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
What a ****ing gongshow this is. More of the same undying platitudes.

What a depressing letter to read on a Monday.

Why even bother?

That's what I don't get. Why bother? All it does is cement further in everyone's mind how useless everyone in the organization is. It doesn't change opinion for the better for anyone at all. What a waste of Katz' time.

bloggerfanthe*

Stauffer doing PR for the Oilers again. Shouldn't be surprised.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
So the news is that Kevin Lowe is safe?

That's the worst part of it all. Not that MacTavish is safe, but that Kevin Lowe is safe. That's so depressing. He's destroyed this team that I love and it's the laughing stock of professional sports. Really, this makes me question if I can be bothered any longer.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I wish we would just let Perron be player-coach. He knows how to play responsible hockey. Unfortunately its being beaten out of him by the opposition.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Is it really a surprise that the owner of this team tries to excuse this garbage team?

sync

BECAUSE...REASONS!!!
Aug 1, 2007
07-minister.jpg

ITS ALL GOOD

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Can this please be the new catalyst for even more Kevin Lowe hate?

Oh, this is actually going to convince a lot of "tier 1" fans to step back from the ledge?

Nevermind...

:(

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
The letter reads as a combination of comments made by other parts of management throughout the organization over the last year. lol.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
So this dumb letter is breaking news? **** Stauffer. They'd be better off not writing a letter at all, no way this group should be defended.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
when i read this i treat it like a coworker that is lying to my face and i know he is. Do i just laugh and nod or do i call out the complete BS that keeps getting fed to us?

basically - nothing is going to change, we know we suck, but please be here when i get the new arena i need the dollars.

PS Mr Katz - you have already ***** the province to get yourself a new arena, how about passing some of that back in the form of an actually competitive hockey team?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I read up to "oilers fans everywhere" and then skimmed down to "Daryl Katz"

You suck, we get it Daryl. Go comb your hair on your drug yacht and let everyone resent you in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad