Proposal: Oilers need to trade Lucic

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
How about moving Lucic for a comparable point producer. Perhaps a team like Toronto could use his leadership while Oilers could get some speed back. Lucic has same stats as a guy like Nylander although hasn’t had benefit of playing with Mathews, so that’s concerning. I would probably do Nylander straight up for Lucic.

Maybe Oilers would be interested in a struggling Marner and a small add for Lucic??

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
That best power forward of recent memory started the season with 5 pts and -2 in his first 10 games. Extrapolated over 82 games that's 41 pts, -0.

Arbitrarily picking one game to start counting while dimissing others is silly. You never get a clearer picture by diminishing the sample size. That is only done to shade the truth.

And another thing- Why in the world would 234 PIM be a good thing?
Brock Boeser's 2 career games against Pittsburgh extrapolated over 82 games makes him a 205 goal scorer.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
How about moving Lucic for a comparable point producer. Perhaps a team like Toronto could use his leadership while Oilers could get some speed back. Lucic has same stats as a guy like Nylander although hasn’t had benefit of playing with Mathews, so that’s concerning. I would probably do Nylander straight up for Lucic.

Maybe Oilers would be interested in a struggling Marner and a small add for Lucic??
I don't see any possible way for the Leafs to decline such a tempting offer.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
It is time that the Oilers move away from Lucic. He is not the old Lucic they wanted ..... he has slowed down. He still has upside but just Not a good fit with the Oilers.

Would rather use that $6 million salary else where.

So that being said ..... What team would take him?? And what could the Oilers get in return??
Isles trade clutterbuck, 2nd and 3rd
for
Lucic and a 1st

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It is time that the Oilers move away from Lucic. He is not the old Lucic they wanted ..... he has slowed down. He still has upside but just Not a good fit with the Oilers.

Would rather use that $6 million salary else where.

So that being said ..... What team would take him?? And what could the Oilers get in return??

bad news we are stuck with him

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

:laugh:

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Lucic seems to have been a decent signing so far. But, can someone confirm whether or not his contract is virtually untradable because it’s heavily front loaded and basically cannot be bought out. I heard this from somewhere but haven’t confirmed it. If that’s the case, then that has to be the biggest stumbling block going forward

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We won't be moving away from that contract.

We need to trade Maroon at the deadline and avoid the temptation to pay the man based on his numbers and move Kassian. The effort is there but zero goals? He's just not cut out to be an NHL regular. We have too many of the slow, physical type. We need to inject more skill/speed.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
We won't be moving away from that contract.

We need to trade Maroon at the deadline and avoid the temptation to pay the man based on his numbers and move Kassian. The effort is there but zero goals? He's just not cut out to be an NHL regular. We have too many of the slow, physical type. We need to inject more skill/speed.
Disagree on Kassian. Despite him being snakebitten, he's still a very effective 4th liner. The goal scoring drought will end and people will remember why they loved him last year. He's fast, physical, a quality playmaker in the bottom 6, and can PK. I do agree Maroon likely should be moved by the trade deadline if Edmonton's out of a playoff spot, but I see no reason to move Kassian.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Am so thankful the Stars waited a year to find their right winger (Radulov). We were in on Lucic last year, and I am so thrilled they didn't sign him.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Brock Boeser's 2 career games against Pittsburgh extrapolated over 82 games makes him a 205 goal scorer.
This

Stop the nonsense of looking at production in a specified mini sample that fits your narrative and say oh he would have done this over 82 games!

Sam gagner had 8 pts one game, he was on pace to score 656 pts that year and destroy Gretzky!

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Ah the Chia special in the NMC. I do not miss how many of those he handed out here in boston. Would a swap for Backes work?

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
That old, slow, useless cap dump has 10 points, is + 2, and has 40 PIM in 14 games since Nov 1.

Extrapolated over 82 games, that's 59 points, + 12, and 234 PIM - or one of the best power forward seasons in recent memory.

Weirdly timed, OP. Weirdly. Timed.

Some Oilers fans would literally eat shit to defend one of Chiarelli's bad decisions. Amazing.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Lucic is doing ok. Not sure where trading him is coming from besides the knee jerk type fan.

He's still got a year or 2 left. Talk to us then, you can have him for a song too

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If the Oilers offered Lucic + 50% retained + 1st to the Blues, i’d Consider it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad