GDT: Oilers' Moms vs Tomas' birthday celebration (and Sharks home cooking) 7:30

Naki

Oct 8, 2009
dear god. Because NHL Live cuts the market commercials and replaces them they have a much smaller pool to draw from. Normally it's like a half dozen different ads for various things, but tonight it's the same damned Hyundai commercial with a Stompin Tom Connors song about hockey moms every single break. Twice in a row. And that's it.

Again and again. And again and again and again and again and again.

Just accept your hockey mom status and buy a Hyundai.

Reactions: Sandisfan

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Big one to me has been Vlasic the last few games. Simek coming back and shuffling the pairings has done so much.
Ya, the Vlasic EK pairing finally looking good. I'm surprised he was such shit with Burns after they were so dominant in the playoffs last year. But ya Simek just quietly does everything great.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Good 1st period but gotta play the full 60. They almost blew a 4 goal lead against Minnesota and they don't have a McDavid or Draisaitl.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just checking to see if it's actually you and not a facsimile posting.

Now you've got me thinking of the missed potential for Tony Jay and Maurice Lamarche to be in the same show.

The world was denied the crazy potential of a Megabyte cameo on Futurama. Or Max and company jumping through a portal and landing in an episode of Pinky & the Brain

Reactions: slocal

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Now you've got me thinking of the missed potential for Tony Jay and Maurice Lamarche to be in the same show.

The world was denied the crazy potential of a Megabyte cameo on Futurama. Or Max and company jumping through a portal and landing in an episode of Pinky & the Brain

Great. Now I need to rewatch the first season of ReBoot again.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Heed on radio intermission interview:

- [on taking a faceoff] it was a while ago that I took a draw, Cooch asked if I wanted it 'cause it was no time left, thought I'd give it a try but didn't have a chance it there, probably won't do it again
- we know that we were up for a challenge today, they have a ton of skills up front, if we can handle the puck instead of them, I think we can have some success and that's what we've been doing, we're jumping the check and then we're getting the puck deep, trying to work them there, get the forecheck going, and then attack the net
- [on offensive zone play] I'm just trying to be more of a threat out there, me and Dill are trying to use each other, all the 5 guys out there are trying to help each other, sometimes they're playing tight in the D zone and we're trying to spread them out and attack the net, and it's been successful so far
- [on playing w/ Dillon] we played last year or 2 years ago a little bit so we knew each other from before, it's good to have him on his side, he's always gonna back me up, I think we complement each other pretty well, he's a strong, good puck-moving, good skater, we're trying to help each other out, both play offense and defense, and have some fun

Marleau on TV intermission interview:

- [on the 1st] it was pretty good, we got off to a good start, got the puck in deep, Burnzie got that first one, we got a little momentum off that, we kept rolling after that
- [on his goal] we won a battle in the corner, Jumbo came in there, turned it around, just kinda spread it out to the slot, Heeder put it right on my tape, got a stick on it and it went in the net
- [on learning from Minnesota] we gotta keep going, it's no fun sitting back, we gotta keep on our toes and keep going, these guys got a lot of skill over there and we know that

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
also since we're posting Orson Welles stuff, I might as well leave this here:

Welles was the original voice of The Shadow from 1937 through 38

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Nah. You gotta watch the whole thing. It may get less silly and more dramatic, but seasons 2 and 3 are pretty good.

Yea definitely, I just grew up with the first season moreso than the later ones.

I still have a VHS tape of recorded episodes when it was on ABC (Jesus Christ what a long time ago), in which as a stupid child I accidentally recorded over the end of the first episode. I forgot what happened in the end of that episode for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: