Friedman: Oilers may look to trade Brandon Davidson

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
Not to sure on Tampa's D situation. But I think they will have trouble in the expansion draft protecting guys with NMC.
How would a Davidson for Filpulla swap look? adds on either side?

Flipppula can come in this year andxt and play 2/3 line center and help mentor puljarvi next season.

thoughts?

Mad Brills*

What do Leaf fans think of Davidson for Soshnikov.

I'd do it.

Davidson's an upgrade on marincin and soshnikov's a good bottom 6 player, but the leafs have 2 guys that can replace him right now

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not to sure on Tampa's D situation. But I think they will have trouble in the expansion draft protecting guys with NMC.
How would a Davidson for Filpulla swap look? adds on either side?

Flipppula can come in this year andxt and play 2/3 line center and help mentor puljarvi next season.

thoughts?

This is another deal I like but adjustments would have to be made to make the money work. Filppula would also have to waive, but if he did that could potentially be a massive hurdle cleared for Yzerman at expansion. It's an interesting proposal.

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
Does something around Davidson get us in the Green conversation? Or are looking more at a 3rd line C type return?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This is another deal I like but adjustments would have to be made to make the money work. Filppula would also have to waive, but if he did that could potentially be a massive hurdle cleared for Yzerman at expansion. It's an interesting proposal.

If Filpulla did not waive, would Killorn be a possibility?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What are the Oilers needs?

- An offensive winger, preferably right-handed. Would also settle for a third line center.

- A UFA veteran defenseman, maybe two. I'm personally thinking Seidenberg and Franson.

- A backup goalie.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Least accurate statement in this thread.

Dumb post. The expansion draft will force teams to make moves they don't want to make.
You realize Lazar would be exposed to the expansion draft right?

The least intelligent move the Oilers could make is trading Davidson for crap like Lazar. He's never been able to show that he belongs in the NHL and playing off WJHC hype but that will be coming to an end. He won't even get claimed by Vegas. He sucks

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
- An offensive winger, preferably right-handed. Would also settle for a third line center.

- A UFA veteran defenseman, maybe two. I'm personally thinking Seidenberg and Franson.

- A backup goalie.

Soshnikov (younger) is a young offensive winger.

Bozak (we'd need something else coming with Davidson). Probably a damned good 3rd line centre to have. Lets you move out RNH.

UFA defenseman = Hunwick and Polak. Your choice but neither are worth Davidson.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't think Soshnikov does much for us. The Oilers would be looking for a more established winger and one with two or less years remaining on their deals including this season. Bozak is a possibility but like Filppula, the Leafs would have to make the salary work.

Soshnikov (younger) is a young offensive winger.

Bozak (we'd need something else coming with Davidson). Probably a damned good 3rd line centre to have. Lets you move out RNH.

UFA defenseman = Hunwick and Polak. Your choice but neither are worth Davidson.

I wouldn't trade Davidson for another defenseman. The guys I mentioned could be had for picks.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't think Soshnikov does much for us. The Oilers would be looking for a more established winger and one with two or less years remaining on their deals including this season. Bozak is a possibility but like Filppula, the Leafs would have to make the salary work.

I wouldn't trade Davidson for another defenseman. The guys I mentioned could be had for picks.

Bozak, Smith (you can waive him just need to equalize contracts going back) for Hendricks and Davidson?

Mad Brills*

Leafs don't need to take smith off, can just waive him.

leafs would clear a small bit of cap hit hendricks coming back anyways.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Leafs don't need to take smith off, can just waive him.

leafs would clear a small bit of cap hit hendricks coming back anyways.

We're at 49/50 contracts because Corrado didn't get claimed so i'd rather have flexibility.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Leafs/Oilers

The Leafs need an upgrade on D (Marincin/Hunwick/Polak in the lineup at the same time isn't cutting it).

Marchenko was picked up on waivers. He might be able to stabilize the third pairing. He also might not.

Friedman reported last night that the Oilers might be looking to move Davidson because of the x-draft.

I'm not too familiar with Davidson but have read/heard good things and it sounds like he could be that stabilizing force on the third pair.

Leafs are rich with wingers at the moment (on the team and in the system).

Would something like this work?

:edmonton

Soshnikov

:leafs

Davidson

Again - I can't say that I know much about Davidson. Not even certain I would want to do this. Sosh has looked really good this year but has been stuck on the 4th line. Leafs also need to make room up front for guys like Kapanen and Leipsic.

Would this get it done? Does this make sense for either team?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
OMG. Stop the presses. I don't even know who that is.

That's not really something you want to admit.

Did someone forget the reason this thread started?

When a team is stuck between a rock and a hard place nobody is your friend.

How are we stuck between a rock and a hard place? If someone doesn't want to pay up and trade for him, we happily keep him. Even if we lose him to expansion, we've got Benning, who has looked very good this year, as his replacement.

What do Leaf fans think of Davidson for Soshnikov.

Gross. Slepy can't even stay in the lineup, and he's younger, MUCH bigger, and just flat out better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad