Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose Unlucky 13th Straight On the Road

Jul 19, 2012
I turned the game on, promptly fell asleep. Woke up for 2nd period to start. Fell asleep 5 mins in. Woke up to see last minute and Pouliot get pounded on by 3 Blues, the rich kids watching, saw the final score, and glad I watched only 6 minutes of 60. Damn the couch in the basement is comfy.

So, I hear we sucked LOL.

dobiezeke*

There is no "team" with the Oilers. Hasn't been for years. Kids play like it's a joke to them. Rest of the team is inadequate. Goaltending is subpar. I expect the rest of the year to look exactly like tonite's game.

Can't wait to watch this team crap the bed in Anaheim in April - glad I paid for decent seats!

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Nuge needs to be better than this. Seriously he was our worst Center tonight. Very little compete, very little anything, poor on the dot, getting thrown off the puck. No compete lately. -2 on the night. Also has 1 assist in last 7GP.

You don't want to say that this guy disappears but he actually does. Eberle playing great hockey for quite a stretch here, hall trying to at least be a bull. Nuge not really doing much. Easily the worst player on that line during Nelsons reign. Expect better.

edit lol, this club doesn't even warrant discussion on some nights. Will this thread reach 50 posts haha

Don't worry, people will notice that he's not much of an offensive player once Hall/Eberle get run out of town.

He just gets a lot of slack because people have a desperate hope that he'll become that star first line center type, despite the fact he's shown zero potential to achieve any such status over the last 3 years.

Jul 19, 2012
Just saw the highlites (lowlights) on NHL on the Fly. Yak and Schultz sooooooo weak on the 2nd goal. Does Schultz realize your allowed to hit in this league? Does Yak have an ounce of hockey sense, and realize he has to take inside position? Yak -3. I'm pretty much to the point where I think he's a lost cause.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
There is no "team" with the Oilers. Hasn't been for years. Kids play like it's a joke to them. Rest of the team is inadequate. Goaltending is subpar. I expect the rest of the year to look exactly like tonite's game.

Can't wait to watch this team crap the bed in Anaheim in April - glad I paid for decent seats!

Hope you enjoy them booing Schultz all game. :laugh:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I don't expect that the game will go in a way that Anaheim fans has to boo anyone.:(

Oh they will boo Schultz, trust me. I still chuckle knowing they booed Nick Schultz as well. Goes to show most of them didn't know what Schultz did and just decided to join the boobirds. Good god, that's embarrassingly hilarious. :laugh:

dobiezeke*

Just saw the highlites (lowlights) on NHL on the Fly. Yak and Schultz sooooooo weak on the 2nd goal. Does Schultz realize your allowed to hit in this league? Does Yak have an ounce of hockey sense, and realize he has to take inside position? Yak -3. I'm pretty much to the point where I think he's a lost cause.

Schultz never had to play defense prior to his NHL career...he still doesn't.

Yak would be hard pressed to win an IQ test against my 8 year old daughter. He just doesn't get how to play NHL hockey.

Jul 19, 2012
Schultz never had to play defense prior to his NHL career...he still doesn't.

Yak would be hard pressed to win an IQ test against my 8 year old daughter. He just doesn't get how to play NHL hockey.

Visually, MacT sez Schultz is a future Norris trophy winner.
MacT sez Yak is part of the "core" - he's on it.

Oh the KLown show continues....:cry:

God I love reading Rob Tychowski's tweets about the Oilers.

Todd Nelson will be doing a seminar this summer, How to Commit Professional Suicide in 1 Easy Step.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Visually, MacT sez Schultz is a future Norris trophy winner.
MacT sez Yak is part of the "core" - he's on it.

Oh the KLown show continues....:cry:

God I love reading Rob Tychowski's tweets about the Oilers.

Todd Nelson will be doing a seminar this summer, How to Commit Professional Suicide in 1 Easy Step.

Cheer up Its going to be ok man... one day. :5:

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Get your popcorn ready, The Clash of the Titans is fast approaching...Jan,29th! The McEichel Cup!

$_35.JPG

They'll lose.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
If any good team watched the last five seconds of tonights game...they wont pay up for hall. Winners dont want sissys...they want warriors. This is hockey...not soccer

Hockey players are paid more but invest less than ever before. F this ballet on ice.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Don't worry, people will notice that he's not much of an offensive player once Hall/Eberle get run out of town.

He just gets a lot of slack because people have a desperate hope that he'll become that star first line center type, despite the fact he's shown zero potential to achieve any such status over the last 3 years.

I'm shocked an 18-21 year old isn't dominating other top lines in the league.

You guys really need to think this through before calling certain players a bust. Hopkins WILL be a dominate player.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
1. Trade Hall for a legit NHL 1/2D
2. Hire a real NHL coach
3. Sign petry / trade for picks
4. Trade picks, possiblly PIT's 1st round, possibly a prospect for a 2/3D
5. Sign Roy
6. pay Nikitin to go to Russia

What is wrong with Todd Nelson?

What have you noticed that would tell you he is not coaching properly?

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Question here from a Blues fan. What is the problem with Perron that caused him not to fit into the team in St. Louis and also made him available for a trade from Edmonton? He has skill, is he not a team player???

And yes, I am on the border with Mexico and see more Canadians here than when I used to work the border with Canada in Alaska. We have more Canadians here during the winter than I ever saw in Alaska. What's up with that??? LOL. I loved Alberta when I visited back in 1985, was in Edmonton for all of 2 hours before they put us on buses to Camp Wainwright. Good time with the Canadian Army, spent 45 days there for one of their major exercises. Reminded me of the midwest area of the U.S. where I grew up.

Last edited:

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
I turned the game on, promptly fell asleep. Woke up for 2nd period to start. Fell asleep 5 mins in. Woke up to see last minute and Pouliot get pounded on by 3 Blues, the rich kids watching, saw the final score, and glad I watched only 6 minutes of 60. Damn the couch in the basement is comfy.

So, I hear we sucked LOL.

I did the exact same thing tonight; I wanted to watch the Blues but conked out as soon as the game started. Woke up briefly, saw 3-0, and turned off the light.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I'm shocked an 18-21 year old isn't dominating other top lines in the league.

You guys really need to think this through before calling certain players a bust. Hopkins WILL be a dominate player.

Who said anything about him being a bust? There is no shame in being an above average NHL player.

It's not what you want in a 1st overall pick obviously, but unfortunately it was a pretty weak year for top end talent

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Yuck. What an awful game to watch. Lifeless.

On a lighter note, Buffalo has lost 8 in a row and the Oilers are still a game behind.

LOL.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Question here from a Blues fan. What is the problem with Perron that caused him not to fit into the team in St. Louis and also made him available for a trade from Edmonton? He has skill, is he not a team player???

And yes, I am on the border with Mexico and see more Canadians here than when I used to work the border with Canada in Alaska. We have more Canadians here during the winter than I ever saw in Alaska. What's up with that??? LOL. I loved Alberta when I visited back in 1985, was in Edmonton for all of 2 hours before they put us on buses to Camp Wainwright. Good time with the Canadian Army, spent 45 days there for one of their major exercises. Reminded me of the midwest area of the U.S. where I grew up.

The Blues ruined him by forcing him to play for a great organization before he came to Edmonton. Once he saw the entitlement and laziness by Edmontons core of losers he wanted out.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Missed the game today. Expected to lose, but very irritating to see that this team still refuses to stand up for one another. Bunch of gutless ****ing pansies. To me that is more disgusting than losing the game. Bad teams lose, and sometimes you just don't have the players to compete. But if you have a bunch of adult males on your team then regardless of the score you should be able to sack up and lose with a little ****ing dignity.

I hope and believe that Nelson is the sort of coach who won't let that go on. And if he does then he's not the coach we need going forward.

o/t - saw the Tim Horton theme GDT and I've been wanting to ask if those black buses and black shops etc (for the dark roast coffee) are a real thing or just for the TV commercials.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad