Oilers lose 7-4 to Arizona Coyotes

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
I don't know what to say. I'm not even sure a couple of blockbuster trades will make a big enough of an impression to improve this club.

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
O M G.

So Nurse needs to go back to Junior. Please stop this nonsense.
For the love of ****, J. Schultz needs to see only extremely sheltered and PP minutes. He is terrible.
Marincin should be back (shoulda been here since game 1), Klefbom should replace Ference.

Arco was good.

Please, please, fire Eakins. This isn't going to get better. He is not an NHL coach.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
So if I'm doing this right, the Oilers are on pace to allow 471.5 goals against this year. <damn NextToTheMoon beat me to it> So...MacT: the D you've brought in so far are Ference, Belov, Grebeshkov, Nikitin, Aulie, and Fayne. How do our pro scouts still have jobs? meanwhile Smid had to get dumped for nothing, and Petry is about to follow, while Marincin is in the minors. Good God.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Why is Justin Schultz playing 27 minutes? What in the **** would make you think he deserves that much time, meanwhile Fayne and Petry are the two least played. Nurse played more then both of them? He's play 1 NHL game. ****ing ridiculous.

John Bender*

I really admire your optimism but nothing in the game tonight indicates we can beat even a rusty Vancouver. I'll be cheering for the Oil as always, but if our defense doesn't improve we can't hope to win.

It's weird, Canuck fans think their team is set for the entire year, they have playoff expectations now and think everything is better - since they won 2 games. The Oilers fans are willing to throw in the towel on the entire season after 4 games.

Too much is being made of a handful of games.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
ference had 18:49 TOI -2

Fayne had 13:54 TOI +2 and a Goal

Petry though wow 14:49 -3 with a penalty - i would have thought he would have had more ice time with that -3

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
I actually wanted to give Eakins another chance. I know a lot of people wanted him gone last season. But this is just brutal.

I'd prefer they got rid of all these ****ers that have been around the organization for centuries as well.

I'm in the same chair as you, Guy. :laugh:
I really wanted to see how Eakins would fare for another season but this is just not going well.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
So if I'm doing this right, the Oilers are on pace to allow 471.5 goals against this year. So...MacT: the D you've brought in so far are Ference, Belov, Grebeshkov, Nikitin, Aulie, and Fayne. How do our pro scouts still have jobs? meanwhile Smid had to get dumped for nothing, and Petry is about to follow, while Marincin is in the minors. Good God.

Ah yes, forgot about Aulie.

The only reason Ference is playing over Marincin or Klefbom is that MacT signed him to a relatively big, high profile contract with a NMC and made him the captain. Whups! You gone an ****ed that up, MacT!

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
At what point does Bylsma become a serious option?

Bylsma is not the answer for your club. You guys need a defensive minded coach.

Someone in the ilk of Vigneault or Tippet to teach your players how to be responsible defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad