Oilers lose 6-4 "There was no interference on the play"

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
They didn't even say that they admitted it was but he should be able to recover in 2.5 seconds apparently.

His attempt at a save wasn't good enough for them I guess.

I still can't believe that wasn't overturned. One of the worst calls I think I've ever seen in hockey, especially considering that they had a second chance to get it right and then completely manufactured a reason to not overturn it.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
His attempt at a save wasn't good enough for them I guess.

I still can't believe that wasn't overturned. One of the worst calls I think I've ever seen in hockey, especially considering that they had a second chance to get it right and then completely manufactured a reason to not overturn it.

I think it was a bad on ice ruling. Lucic even slewfooted LB. I mean what could be more obvious. His intent was to take Brossoit out. Camera actually panned to Lucic during the reviews and his face is kid that robbed the candy store hoping he doesn't get caught. he actually looked disturbed at the thought that his action would take a goal away. He's made enough bonehead plays in LA that he's s till nervous about that kind of thing.

The NHL's ruling that it was 2.7secs is inane. For one thing they are apparently counting from the time that Lucic interfered. So thus Brossoit is supposed to go down unexpectedly and get back up again in 2.7secs.

How come when ever any of the zebras fall on the ice unexpectedly they look like little preschoolers trying to get back on their skates? often just laying there with butt hurt.

Fact of the matter is LB went down because of Lucic and the ensuing time before the goal and circumstance did not allow for him to be back up again. Clearly the Lucic infraction resulted in the goal. There can be no other conclusion.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Won't bother responding to the rest of the post as its mostly just you making excuses for one of the worst FOA picks in my lifetime, and like you say 'there's little point in discussing that any further'. But I do want to reply to this.

On this topic its gone beyond being able to give your posts credit. By your own reckoning a few weeks ago you felt like you shouldn't be talking about Yakupov anymore but you persist. just saying. That was a moment by you where you felt perhaps that you go overboard on this Yak topic.
I stated that I was going to stay out of "oh poor Nail" thread. I have done so.
I did not say I was going to refrain from commenting in other threads when gross hyperbole is being thrown out by people seeing what they want to see.

And btw, I may be without credibility on this topic, but may I ask who would 'give your posts credit' on this subject?
At least I had the stones to identify my bias. Yak apologists? Not so much apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad