Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
So no post game comments from TMAC about nikitin

he is looking for a place to stash the body

18b798da6b437a8e65efc463eaa6dbcd.jpg

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Didn't see the game. From the highlights, the goals Brossoit gave up (other than the first) seemed fairly savable. Poor defensive coverage unfortunately, but goalie needs to save at least a couple of those.

Refs blew down a loose puck that couldn't have been in a better possible view for the ref to see it right before Kassian banged it home. Same old same old, but at least most of the team played well for the most part aside from those poor defensive coverages and a subpar game from Brossoit.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Seemed like every scoring chance cbj had went in. Shades of scrivens when he was with us hsha

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I mentioned it in the GDT and ill say it again.

This game was a wake up call, a sign that we need to appreciate what Cam Talbot does for this team.

There has been much talk of our "improved" defence recently, and while I do agree that Davidson has been great, the overall change is pretty marginal.

Talbot is the difference. He is what makes this team tick. I hope we can all realize that

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

This game was a wake up call, a sign that we need to appreciate what Cam Talbot does for this team.

There has been much talk of our "improved" defence recently, and while I do agree that Davidson has been great, the overall change is pretty marginal.

Talbot is the difference. He is what makes this team tick. I hope we can all realize that

100% agree, great goaltending always make the Defence look great. Look at Montreal, Subban was a great defender, until Price got hurt.

We still need lots of work on the Defence. A big start is for Klef to get the F back.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

It starts with goaltending. I think we all know that and he's been great lately. I'd like to think we all appreciate him. But we aren't like Montreal fans who believed their team was a contender when in reality it was just Price bailing out the team and masking their defense. We know our defense is awful, but it is slightly better with Schultz and Nikki not in the line up. The real changes will come in the off season.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It starts with goaltending. I think we all know that and he's been great lately. I'd like to think we all appreciate him. But we aren't like Montreal fans who believed their team was a contender when in reality it was just Price bailing out the team and masking their defense. We know our defense is awful, but it is slightly better with Schultz and Nikki not in the line up. The real changes will come in the off season.

Pretty much. We have 4 guys who should be in the line up next year on the back end. Klefbom, Sekera, Davidson, and Nurse (unless you want to give him more AHL time, but I think he'd be fine bottom pair after a summer to add some weight to his frame). Then you have Fayne who ideally you'd move if you find a taker, and one of Pardy or Gryba who could be kept around as a 7D.

I just really hope they can get the 2 D we need without giving up any of Hall, Draisaitl, or Nuge because I don't think the D that would be worth our while moving these guys would become available.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
So...no one disappointed in Maroon letting Boll clean his clock? For a big man, he didn't do much..

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Drew Remenda is intolerable. I've been watching with the opposing broadcast teams and it's so much more enjoyable.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
So...no one disappointed in Maroon letting Boll clean his clock? For a big man, he didn't do much..

Boll punches above his weight, not a true heavy but there for one reason. Maroon can actually play. Was a meh fight.

Regarding the game, agree with most that officiating is a joke. But we did ourselves no favors. Couple softies on Croissont and a handful of glaring d breakdowns where otherwise it was a decent effort.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton

That's kind of an odd statement. Maroon's no heavy weight fighter. He's a crowd controller and beast on the puck. If someone has a really good fight, Maroon might lose even if the guy is smaller.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
That's kind of an odd statement. Maroon's no heavy weight fighter. He's a crowd controller and beast on the puck. If someone has a really good fight, Maroon might lose even if the guy is smaller.

What's odd about it?

If he's going to fight, learn to win. Otherwise, why bother? Skate away because having one of your large, strong players lose against a hated opponent, and not being able to fight but still supposed to have your back, would be a little demoralizing for those skilled players he's supposed to protect.

Pak hits as hard as Maroon so there needs to be a bigger benefit to having a 'hard' player in the top 6.

Oct 15, 2008
What's odd about it?

If he's going to fight, learn to win. Otherwise, why bother? Skate away because having one of your large, strong players lose against a hated opponent, and not being able to fight but still supposed to have your back, would be a little demoralizing for those skilled players he's supposed to protect.

Pak hits as hard as Maroon so there needs to be a bigger benefit to having a 'hard' player in the top 6.

Why don't you regale us with all your pugilistic conquests?

Are you saying you would prefer that our players don't answer the bell but instead avoid any confrontations? Purcell was good at that. You must really miss him.

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton
What's odd about it?

How does a player know in advance that they are going to win a fight? Why does it matter if you win a fight anyway?

Oct 15, 2008
What the **** does my fighting history have to do with the conversation at hand?

Try and add some value to the conversation..if you have any to add.

I would think one who gives advice and or strong opinion about when and how to fight might know what they are talking about.

Thanks for confirming that is absolutely not the case here.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
How does a player know in advance that they are going to win a fight? Why does it matter if you win a fight anyway?

Seriously? If you don't know why you should win a fight in the NHL, if that's part of your repertoire, then I can't help. No idea how to answer that...

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013

Personally I am ecstatic with the Oil having bigger players in there that are willing to fight than players in there who's only sole contribution is winning a fight. Big *** deal. Gazdic is a joke and indicative of an age gone by. A player like Maroon who is big and not scared to drop the gloves BUT also a good hockey player is FAR more effective than a hot garbage goon from NHL 1988.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad