Edmonton, AB
Two pics to summarize the game.

courtesy-stopmesh.com_.jpg

profile_picture_by_aintevenmadplz-d4x7eh4.jpg

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Not LB's night.
Best oilers were Hall, Draisaitl, and McDavid.

Can we never see Nikitin play for the oilers ever again?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I ain't even mad. I actually thought we outplayed Columbus. Strange game.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Thanks Cloned etc etc.

But seriously I don't really think they played that bad at all except for Nikitin. Weird game.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Not a good game for anyone.

LB hung out to dry in his third game, defence played like ****, no one looked all that good tonight.

Dust yourselves off and on to Winnipeg.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Mclellan with a horrible game managing his players. Brossoit should have been pulled after the 4th goal at the latest and the top 2 lines create a goal an nonstop pressure and he rewards that by throwing out the worst line of the entire game and the game ends there.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Musil>Jenner

And Hendricks didn't answer the bell when Pakarinen got ran at the end.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Or McLellan can keep the goalie on the hot streak in the net. No reason Brossoit should of been in past the 3rd goal. 4th goal for sure.

McLellan and awful reffing ftl. We weren't great but the game was salvageable.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Brossoit didn't get much help, but he also never made a big save. You just can't let in 3 goals within a minute of all of our goals, and you can't let in 2 goals in the first 3 minutes of a game. (I don't blame him much for those two though)

McDavid, Hall, Drai, and Maroon were good.

Nikitin Nurse pairing was a tire fire (as expected), and some bad turnovers and puck watching right off the bat killed us.

Guys kept battling, but the refs didn't help at all, Kassian had a disallowed goal on a quick whistle, and some questionable calls and missed calls of course.

McDavid had a few points, Hall and Drai each with a point and Maroon with 2 points and a fight..

Tough game

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
mclellans sucks
nikitin sucks
broissoit sucks
refs suck
dirtbag bluejackets suck

That said....oil should have scored a couple more......and maybe saved one....they didn't look nearly as good though.

what a horrible season.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
For a team we don't play much I have a healthy dislike for the Bluejackets. Cap off a game full of dives and sneaky dirty **** like that elbow on Nurse capped off with outright garbage from that human outhouse Dalton Prout.

Same guy that laid 6 or 7 crosschecks on that Penguin earlier this year.

Oilers didn't play that poorly really. Reminded me of when we blew away Ottawa when we didn't really deserve to.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Brossoit bad, but I'm sympathetic there.

Nikitin bad, and I'm not at all sympathetic

McDavid was fighting it tonight, but he was excellent for stretches and got well earned points.

Overall, the game sucked but we weren't blown out. I still see this game as a good sign that we are a competitive and fiery team that doesn't give up. There is a good nucleus here that will win games like this once we get a few key players added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad