Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Not sure what Brossoit was supposed to do on goal 2. You can't give a guy a clean look like that, was a beauty clean snipe.

LB sucked and is the majority reason for the loss. TM should have pulled him after the 3rd goal against.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don't often listen to the post game show but I will be listening tonight to hear Mclellan's comments. I want to know why Nikitin was playing tonight. We looked like we had been seeing a culture change here finally. Players were playing because they deserved to. IMO, that was blown out of the water by dressing a guy who has proven time and again that he doesn't belong here. He needs to address this.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Different Oiler team now. I bet some numbers got taken down there in the last ten minutes.
Looking forward to the next game against the BJs.

They don't play each other anymore this year.

Should have made it count, but Oilers gonna Oiler.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Well Brossoit was hung out to dry in the first, and then folded like a wet noodle on shots he should have had. Team played like garbage in front of him as well, let's face it.

Brossoit is a goalie that needs his team to help him out a little bit. God forbid a young and inexperienced player need that to succeed.

If I'm McLellan I try to make light of it with Brossoit. He's already signed up, and there's no chance at playoffs so he should just view his rough performance as a learning experience. He should still get playing time to close out the season, and this bad game shouldn't define what Brossoit is. He had a few very strong NHL showings before this after all.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Prout would've wrecked Hendricks badly.
Agreed. Can't ask Hendricks to go up against that guy.

"Nobody is scared of anyone in the National Hockey League." I like Rob brown a lot, but that seems like a monumentally stupid thing to say imo.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't mind this performance at all. We lost this game on a few bad defensive coverages, bad bounces, bad officiating, and a no help in net. Certainly played well enough to win, pretty sure Eberle somehow managed to not bury 4 chances all alone in the slot, and a tap in back door pass. Their goalie was much much better, but this definitely isn't a game to get worked up or mad over.

204*

I don't think anyone actually saw it happen. Was kinda weird because of how slow it was.

Lander stepped in as soon as he figured out what was going on.

and he was the only one... once u see a guy on the floor and one of your team mates trying to go after him instinct shld kick in... unless your instinct is to be a coward. instigator or not season is over defend your team mate smh makes me mad seen things like that. and the fact is was prout i prob woulda 2 handed him across the head.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
We should start a petition. This guy is a joke. I could call a better game with a few rums in me.

and I got called out by a particular somebody for criticizing Remenda last week. :laugh:

Remenda's just awful. I'd rather have Debrusk back AINEC.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Brossoit is a goalie that needs his team to help him out a little bit. God forbid a young and inexperienced player need that to succeed.

If I'm McLellan I try to make light of it with Brossoit. He's already signed up, and there's no chance at playoffs so he should just view his rough performance as a learning experience. He should still get playing time to close out the season, and this bad game shouldn't define what Brossoit is. He had a few very strong NHL showings before this after all.

He's been like that his entire career too. He needs something from his team and he got nothing tonight.

Hopefully he forgets about this and bounces back.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
LB sucked and is the majority reason for the loss. TM should have pulled him after the 3rd goal against.

Yeah, this isn't right, at all. That's maybe a 4-3 game with Talbot in net. The two Savard goals and the one that went off Hall's stick were no doubters.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Not a good game for anyone.

LB hung out to dry in his third game, defence played like ****, no one looked all that good tonight.

Dust yourselves off and on to Winnipeg.

Hung out to dry? You can't be serious. He let in the first two shots in the game. He let in 6 goals in 20 shots. Jackets had around 9 legit scoring chances and Brossoit let in half a dozen.

An NHL team wins zero of its games when its goalie lays an egg lets in 6 goals.

The only player that shouldn't be tired tonight is LB and he was hopeless.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Or McLellan can keep the goalie on the hot streak in the net. No reason Brossoit should of been in past the 3rd goal. 4th goal for sure.

McLellan and awful reffing ftl. We weren't great but the game was salvageable.

This one's on the coach. Goalie was not ready and could not fight through the rust. Get him out of there for everybody's good.

Nika tin can't play here and neither can Lander. We can't tell players to go hard with ahl's on the team. Keep losing and will never get a winning culture....Lander has sacked for many years, let it go, he will never bring anything to the game.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Brossoit did his level best to steal is his first two starts and he got dicks for goal support. I'm not going to **** on him for merely being human this game.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Hung out to dry? You can't be serious. He let in the first two shots in the game. He let in 6 goals in 20 shots. Jackets had around 9 legit scoring chances and Brossoit let in half a dozen.

An NHL team wins zero of its games when its goalie lays an egg lets in 6 goals.

The only player that shouldn't be tired tonight is LB and he was hopeless.

The first two goals were horrific defensive breakdowns, I'd have been impressed with any goalie that kept on 0-0 after those opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad