Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
very bad game to lose. Infuriating.

Talbot bad. Defence very bad. Bad officiating.

Ference shouldn't be playing, period.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Screwed over again.

Brutal goalie interference call on our good goal. Should have been icing on their winner. What a joke

Bad calls but, awful even, but the Oilers really didn't deserve to win this game.
Poor start killing them again. Can't do that every game and expect to come back.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I don't wanna sound ungrateful cause he's only 18 and he's been playing well...but we needed more from McDavid tonight. And it's horrible that if McDavid isn't going, then we only have one good offensive line, as the bottom 6 can't accomplish anything offensively.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Talbot with a garbage game tonight. Lots of poor defensive play, again. Still managed to come back and tie, only to see Talbot gas it at the end.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
That 5th goal pretty much summed up the game. A mistake by the refs on the icing and a complete gaffe by Talbot. It is almost impossible to win a game when the refs cancel out a good goal and your goaltender lets in two absolute softies.

It's embarrassing because Calgary is a horrible team this year. For all the talk of them having the best defense in the league they turned it over as much as our horrendous defensive group did.

What a waste of the effort from the Hall-RNH-Draisaitl line.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
When you pick up other teams backup goalies and start playing them like a starter, you're going to expose their warts. Might be that Talbot is the next Scrivens. Scrivens was hot **** when he started here, too.

This team always tries to cut corners dumpster diving from other teams for the complimentary pieces to our first round picks. We need some really hockey players and some real goalies.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Reinhart back please. Davidson better than Fayne on the right of Klefa I guess but seriously Ference was an easy 2GA. McLellan, hard mode isn't funny.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
that game was abysmal. It would be better if we were just a bad team. We had the best rushes and the most talent. We defeated ourselves mostly. They were lucky too, but at least seemed consistent.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Man....

All faith I had in Talbot the first 4 or 5 games is completely gone.

Absolute garbage tonight. Gift the Flames a goal behind your own net. Gift the game winner with 10 seconds to go.

And I hate the fact that our defense and bottom 6 is so useless. UGH

So ****ing mad tonight.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
At least two points stolen from us this season already. Points that would have brought us to overtime at least twice. And this broke McDavid's point steak too... **** the NHL

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Only Bob Hartley could.

his 2nd challenge was just to give his team more breathing time, it should be a delay of game penalty if the coach loses another consecutive challenge, ****ing league rules are full of crap.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Digusting. Ugly. Blerg. Talbot deserves the blame on that one.

Losing to a crap team like the Flames stings.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don't know if there's a team in the league who can win a game when their goalie gifts the opposition 2 goals. Pathetic performance by Scriv....er...Talbot.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
If the Oilers had even an NHL AVERAGE blueline this game is a blowout for them. There is no possible way for the team to do anything with a defense group like that.

McDeathbyCheerios*

We are heavily injured. I'm not going to cry too hard about the team. Rough loss but it was a super unlucky game.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I don't see how people can argue the no icing was a bad call on the refs part. The Calgary player won the race to the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad