Oilers lose 4-1 to Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
It's sad to watch our talent continuously be inferior to that of other teams even though it should be better. No commitment, no team play, no defense.

The Perfect Human*

Belov is pretty sick actually

Yeah to me he's the ideal complement to Petry on a pseudo-top line.

Belov-Petry
Ference-J.Schultz
Smid-N.Schultz

At this point I can't wait to see one of Grebs/Larsen enter the lineup.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
3 minutes of PP a game without a look on his hash-mark isn't really much at all.

Oh come on now. Yakupov can't make a 3 foot pass right now. He's supposed to be a game breaking talent. He should be able to adjust to being in a different spot on the PP.

The excuses for the kid don't fly. First overalls are supposed to be cut from a different cloth. Blaming the coaching is weak. I think he'll turn it around. But he looks like a steaming pile of garbage right now. People complain about him not playing with good linemates, well he has clearly been the 3rd best RW on the team, and its not even really close. We want to win games don't we? If Yakupov isn't going to cut it than he's not going to play.

So many people are ******** on Eberle, but he looks 10x more dangerous than Yakupov with the puck.

McDavid The Saviour

Oct 7, 2013
tough thing is that Calgary is supposedly a lunch bucket team and they look good against montreal and we try the finesse game and look disinterested and disjointed alot of time. for all the people who say "BUT it's only 4 games..." we've heard that before and guess how those seasons finished. This team has played about 3 1/2 good periods of hockey in 4 games and that should be considered unacceptable.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
The way this team plays, it doesn't seem like they even care. They can't even carry over momentum from one game to the next, only losses.

How badly do you think Ference or Perron are second guessing this franchise? Where was Ference tonight? O captain our captain. He roughed up somebody out of frustration. This team is a giant pile of frustration.

What more do you expect out of Ference? He's a defenseman. He played decent.

He's not here to score goals or make dazzling offensive plays.

Perron isn't going to be on his game for 82 games a year. No player is. He was great against NJ, okay against MTL.

Your expectations are unrealistic.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
I'm not sure how anybody can say that we outplayed the Habs tonight. The Habs sat back for the majority of the contest and attacked when they needed to. Corsi and advanced stats can go suck a big one.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I'm more upset that Justin Schultz is getting a disproportionate amount of TOI.

IMO the minutes should look like this right now:

Petry>Belov>J.Schultz>Ference=Smid>N.Schultz

Wouldn't hugely argue that but JSchultz played well tonight and he is our only offensive option.

The Perfect Human*

NYR laid a complete goose-egg against ANA tonight. That team needs offense in the worst way possible.

Maybe we could float one of Yak/Ebs in a deal for McDonagh. Sather might just be impatient enough to do it - it opens up room to re-sign Girardi as well as he's an impending UFA.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Your team will never achieve any success until they decide to add A LOT more grit to the line-up. You cycle and cycle, but most of the time it never leads to anything. Full of talent, but probably the weakest top 9 in the history of the league, and that goes for the D core too. You diserve better..

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Your team will never achieve any success until they decide to add A LOT more grit to the line-up. You cycle and cycle, but most of the time it never leads to anything. Full of talent, but probably the weakest top 9 in the history of the league, and that goes for the D core too. You diserve better..

Eh, I could say the same about yours too.

I'll quote your 2nd post though.

But this team could use a lot more M.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Oh come on now. Yakupov can't make a 3 foot pass right now. He's supposed to be a game breaking talent. He should be able to adjust to being in a different spot on the PP.

The excuses for the kid don't fly. First overalls are supposed to be cut from a different cloth. Blaming the coaching is weak. I think he'll turn it around. But he looks like a steaming pile of garbage right now. People complain about him not playing with good linemates, well he has clearly been the 3rd best RW on the team, and its not even really close. We want to win games don't we? If Yakupov isn't going to cut it than he's not going to play.

So many people are ******** on Eberle, but he looks 10x more dangerous than Yakupov with the puck.

That's nice and all but the kid is getting major minutes and not doing ****. If Yak got 25 minutes a game he'd look plenty dangerous as well.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Lol @ nobody coming in to Hall's defense after getting boarded. These guys are such *******. We should get sponsored by a ****ing tampon company.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
We started well the previous 3 seasons and ended up in the crapper. Here's hoping this bad start will turn into a good finish. However, the team doesn't look good at all right now. To me it seems a matter of coaching more than (lack of) talent. They look so disorganized and are simply not plaing as a team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm not sure how anybody can say that we outplayed the Habs tonight. The Habs sat back for the majority of the contest and attacked when they needed to. Corsi and advanced stats can go suck a big one.

We outshot them, outhit them, out FO'ed them.

Montreal had like one chance in the entire third period. Unfortunately they put it in the net.

They trapped pretty much the entire game after we made it 1-0.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
yet again we play against a team where half D-men are better than anything we have at our hands. i think we need to trade for a real star on defense. good teams have those.

Well, lots of people will disagree with me here, but I honestly think that this is where Jordan Eberle comes into the picture. I'm serious.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
To Hall's credit he made a saucer pass today - that's honestly the first fore-handed saucer pass he's made in his career. I jumped off my couch when I saw it.

He also had a good feed over to Yakupov earlier in the 3rd that almost went for gold.

I think he was frustrated by a very solid MTL D today. Gorges, Subban, Markov - these guys are great players.

Not saucy enough for you?

The Perfect Human*

A major problem with this team is that we have too much of one thing.

This is exactly what the Hab fan above pointed out.

This team keeps cycling with no end-point in sight. There's no one big enough to station out in front and create a one-timer/scoring option. These passes go out to the point - where we have no one except maybe Belov capable of firing away.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
A major problem with this team is that we have too much of one thing.

Yet we would NEVER consider moving Yak or Eberle for a package like Columbus moved Nash for, because you know, that didn't make their team better. Besides, our management staff can't win a trade anyway.

Lightthrower

The Habs don't play against the Oilers often, so I was really eager to see Hall/Yak/Eberle etc. make amazing plays but... to no avail. You guys have stars, but yeah not much defense or goaltending :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad