Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-2 in OT ...so close, yet so far

Oct 30, 2011
I hope Krueger feels good about giving Khabi and Smyth opportunities.

Youth will be served... :facepalm:

Yeah, gotta think that Dubby will now start most of the games on this roadtrip.

As for Smyth... yeah, thank god Hall is back next game. That whole line looked slow.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
As an outside observer who has not watched many Oiler games this season but tuned in to see Yakupov play in the 3rd period..Where was he?
Has he been playing bad? I saw he scored, so I was surprised they had benched him.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Look at it this way, played like garbage and got a point?

Plus, I won my vcash bet.....(hides)

Angelus*

I'm a big fan of Eberle but he's been garbage more often than not so far. And lol @ Sportsnet "Those young Oilers sure gave them a run for their money!". No they didn't.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
This game was set up for a loss before game started with line ups . Eliminate first line from being effective by placing a pylon on wing. Bench our sniper. Its the same philosphy we have seen from every coach . Nothing is changing for this team till Katz clears house period.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Jordan Eberle needs to play a game on the 4th line. Not only is he not scoring, but he is playing like a lazy dog defensively. There were numerous instances today where he could have gotten to a puck and made a play if he actually skated. He's just standing around waiting for others to do the work.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pretty undeserved point IMO. The last 2 periods were all Hawks, typical sit back hockey dictated by the opposition, they just play the wrong way. RNH and Eberle were god awful, just inexpicably awful. They looked like they didn't even belong in the big leagues tonight. I have no idea what Petry was doing on the OT goal.
At least they got a point in an extremely tough building but they were pretty much outclassed. It's amazing that this team is 7-7-4 the way they have been playing this season for the most part.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Not impressed at all with this game. This team is garbage. Chicago played last night. You would think they would be the tired team in the 3rd. Nope, Oilers didn't even look like they belonged on the same ice with that team.

11 shots in the final 2 periods... what a joke. I don't care if the Hawks are the best team in the league. Another inexcusable effort from the worst franchise running.

RNH and Eberle need to be split up. They are not working at all together. Funny how once Hall is out they basically stop getting chances.

BDG

Oct 11, 2005
Cowtown
Eberle and RNH sucked tonight. Not enough shots. Glad we stuck with the best team in the league and got a point, but should have had 2 points...that missed shot by Yak on the PP....sad

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Eberle and RNH are garbage with out Hall, especially Eberle, he's been pretty ******** bad this year.

Hossa just ******* walked around the defense without getting touched, too soft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad