Oilers lose 2-1

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Would've been cool to have a 5 on 3 at the end of regulation but I guess "game management" is more important than calling blatant penalties that take away breakaway chances.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Would've been cool to have a 5 on 3 at the end of regulation but I guess "game management" is more important than calling blatant penalties that take away breakaway chances.
That was the most blatant hook that i have ever seen. Ref was ****ing watching too.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
That hook on Purcell was too obvious to call. Can't do it. All about that "game management".

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Would love to see a replay on that Wheeler SO goal. Seemed as if they were going to review it then just looked it off. Most exciting OT ive seen in awhile

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
That hook on Purcell was too obvious to call. Can't do it.

All about that "game management".

But hey, we'll call a hook on Hall in OT, because why not? That's why I can't stand the officiating. They'll make good calls and ignore the obvious ones that I ****ing see used on the oilers.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Jets first shooter clearly lost forward momentum with the puck and pulled it back. Should have been blown dead before he "scored".

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Wheeler can't stop and then go back around. BS.

Oh well. ****** team plays ******. Film at 11.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
In the last 10 minutes of the third, when I started focusing I noticed that the Jets got away with everything.

The reffing is getting worse. Can the fans do something to petition the league for better referees? Because they need entirely new staff.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Jets first shooter clearly lost forward momentum with the puck and pulled it back. Should have been blown dead before he "scored".
Refs can't even call a hook, i doubt they noticed that.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Eberle should always shoot 1st I know Hendricks is good at it but Eberle is money with that high shot. I thought McDavid looked really tired in last half 3rd and 3/3

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
meh....LB lost his cool a bit/railroaded on the fluke Wheeler goal.

I didn't watch most of the game.....from what I saw it was pretty good hockey.

Byfgulien was running around there at the end and the refs did squat. Purcell should have had a penalty or penalty shot at the end of the 3rd.

Yakupov looks like he's done.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I can live with a shootout loss. They had their chances in OT (a Gryba OT winner would have been hilarious).

The way I see it, Calgary got absolutely pillaged on the Smid - Broissoit trade.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That loss is on our powerplay. Hall/Drai/Purcell hasn't been good for awhile now. Still hate the Jets and always will but they're awful. Just awful. They need a talent like Matthews in the worst way.

Great showing from LB. earned another look and soon.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

Purcell had every right to be pissed, that hook was ridiculously obvious and the slash earlier in the game should have been a penalty shot all day. The refs were brutal, they let the Jets get away with whatever and called every chincy thing possible on the Oilers.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Was happy to see Brossoit get the start tonight. Great game. (Ignoring the shootout.) Hoping he can become the eventual starter for the Oilers.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That hook on Purcell was too obvious to call. Can't do it. All about that "game management".

Same with Buff smashing Eb's head into the boards while he's on his knees late in the 3rd.

Another terribly officiated game. Just awful. The diving call on Yak may have been a sign of the way the game was going to be called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad