Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 2-1

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Solid game by Lander and Klefbom IMO. Fasth was also solid again. It's weird to think that all of a sudden goaltending is a strength of this club.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
Solid game by Lander and Klefbom IMO. Fasth was also solid again. It's weird to think that all of a sudden goaltending is a strength of this club.

I thought hall was playing well, he just couldnt score, and well the offside in OT, I think he was angry ><. Most of the time the broadcast seemed like Taylor hall vs Detroit.

Our PK was also clutch, with 3 minutes left, and then in OT, They played well.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

What a difference it makes. We're actually a winning club since Scrivens has been here.

Scrivens and Fasth giving us reliable netminding for next year.

I didn't mind the performance tonight. It hurt us that Gagner wasn't in as that line was going good but Detroit in a world of hurt right now.

Frankly I felt OK with Red Wings getting this one. They desperately need it. Thought we battled well on road in second of back to back.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
gawd I hate shootouts

Its interesting how views change through time. I've neve been a big fan of them but people seemed to love the novelty and youtube type value of it somehow

I kept hearing exciting.

Now the shootout getting so unpopular the NHL looking for ways to reduce probability of it.

Plus is it me or do twice as many penalties get called in OT's now then used to be the case. Almost thinking this is one way NHL is currently trying to create results.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
If Klefbom keeps playing like he has on his first two games, it's going to be hard to send him to the AHL next season. He literally wins every puck battle he gets in. I hope we try him with Schultz in the top pairing to see how he does.

14/15:

??? - Schultz
Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Ference

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'd like to see him with Petry.

Let them do the heavy lifting and see if Marincin-Schultz can bring a little more offense together.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
If Klefbom keeps playing like he has on his first two games, it's going to be hard to send him to the AHL next season. He literally wins every puck battle he gets in. I hope we try him with Schultz in the top pairing to see how he does.

14/15:

??? - Schultz
Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Ference

So, is 'glass banging' a thing in Finland? Is that what the kids are calling it these days? :naughty:

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I thought hall was playing well, he just couldnt score, and well the offside in OT, I think he was angry ><. Most of the time the broadcast seemed like Taylor hall vs Detroit.

Our PK was also clutch, with 3 minutes left, and then in OT, They played well.

Hall was engaged for sure, nice to see that from him. I also thought that RNH showed better defensively after a piss poor defensive outing against St. Louis.

What a difference it makes. We're actually a winning club since Scrivens has been here.

Scrivens and Fasth giving us reliable netminding for next year.

I didn't mind the performance tonight. It hurt us that Gagner wasn't in as that line was going good but Detroit in a world of hurt right now.

Frankly I felt OK with Red Wings getting this one. They desperately need it. Thought we battled well on road in second of back to back.

I just hope that our goaltending doesn't take us out of drafting in the top 3 this season. That said it looks like one less thing for MacT to look for in the offseason which means that either 1 defenseman, center or power forward gets addressed with our 1st rounder and hopefully Mac can address whatever we miss out on via trade or less likely UFA.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
They talked in OKC about Klefbom's board work and it seems legit to me.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Lots of positives recently. Goaltending has obviously helped but mostly consistent efforts with even some grit. Hendricks and Gordon is anchoring that third line with some strong consistent defensive efforts. Hall and Perron has shown some offensive flashes and cycling. Smytty had a very strong game driving to the net like he was 20 years old again.

Marincin, Petry, Klefbom looked pretty decent.

I even liked last nights game against St. Louis. Despite the 6-2 score, I thought the Oilers battled hard and it was an actually entertaining game for once.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Gawd, the Wings are awful right now. 23 shots against the Oilers and they looked like the inferior team for most of the night. Scary to think they were the rested team and the Oilers played last night. I can't see this team making the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. How lucky were they to be able to move out of the West this year? I think they'd be a bottom five team if they were still in the west.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I saw Eberle backcheck like 4 times.

This is probably the first game in a while where Eakins actually can come out and say the effort was adequate without making me angry. Even if Detroit is basically crippled right now.

Also Bertuzzi's chin strap never stops being annoying.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

It really shows why it is important to build from the net out. I dont think we could have had Klef up without these goalies we have now and not ruin his confidence

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Klef reminds me of Vlasic. Keeps it simple and is more of a steady defender but also has some offensive tools that will get him points in the future. Let's hope he keeps it going.. future on the backend is looking nice right now.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Great: Fasth, Klefbom and Larsen. Klef has improved every game here, but 3 games doesn't really convince me of anything yet.

Good: Hall, Gazdic, Jones, Lander

OK, Made some mistakes: Petry, Joensuu, Eberle, Perron, Marincin

Weren't Good, Had some moments: Ference, Hendricks, Gordon, Yakupov, RNH, Smyth

Brutal: Schultz

Amazing how Schultz was our best player last night, our worst player tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad