Oilers Lose 2-1 in OT: **** the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Nuge and Eberle are softer than a baby's bottom and will be moved in the offseason. I don't think Chia likes players who are extremely soft

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
The Bruins' success was built on their softest major player basically being Patrice Bergeron. Even their littler guys (Marchand) were sandpaper. We can argue about the value of Ebs and Nuge to the team all we want, but Vegas says they're gone in the next two years for defensemen and power forward types. The only thing that realistically will prevent this is if Chia is constrained by certain people in the organization, and if he is, well, we all might as well abandon the Oilers anyway.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
oilers played a decent game against a pretty hot team right now. would have been much different if:

a)refs actually called something
b)that fluke save by Jones in OT on Sekera
c) Yak shot went in instead of the post

I really want to see what this team can do with both McDavid and Klefbom healthy. Too bad playoff chances are likely going to be gone by then.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
oilers played a decent game against a pretty hot team right now. would have been much different if:

a)refs actually called something
b)that fluke save by Jones in OT on Sekera
c) Yak shot went in instead of the post

I really want to see what this team can do with both McDavid and Klefbom healthy. Too bad playoff chances are likely going to be gone by then.

Jones didn't even blink. Oilers season in a nutshell.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Judging by RNH's skating and his muffin shot, you can tell he's still recovering from the flu.

zalKPam.gif

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Judging by RNH's skating and his muffin shot, you can tell he's still recovering from the flu.

Flu/injury/sore shoulder/got an owie/ tired/ hurts/ no mentors/ damn reffing/ fill in the blank with this guy and any excuse under the sun.

When its not falsely being stated that defensive responsibility (lol) interferes with his offence /creativitydestroyed/org killed his imagination etc.

if its Taylor Hall and theres 5 normal games theres an inquisition. Nuge scores one valid goal in two months and the usual excuses spring up like wildfire.

The clearer look is that in disposition this is someone who probably should have taken up tennis or golf. Nuge is so shy of paydirt he's reminding me of MPS out there. Tiptoe through the tulips...

This is a guy that makes a Sedin seem tough. That's really what we got here. A guy 6ft tall that his head coach still thinks is 5ft 10:laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Nuge and Eberle are softer than a baby's bottom and will be moved in the offseason. I don't think Chia likes players who are extremely soft

Although McLellan has an apparent hard on for Nuge from his comments and him still getting the first PP time, shootouts, tons of time 3 on 3 etc.

This org continues to do anything possible to help Nuge which is fine but he's been here long enough he shouldn't be needing special help and every possible advantage the team can give him.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Is nuge this year's hall/goat?

I get he's having a bad year. It's frustrating.

I think you need all three centres to push eachother. Especially nuge, his intensity has dropped off huge. I would not call him soft though....and he still needs to get stronger.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
That shoot out attempt was absolute crap.
John Scott would of tried harder.. Katz Jr. would of shot harder.. That's just.. Crap!!! Ryan has to do some soul searching, we all know there is a player in there.

Lander??? Crap!!!! Super crap. Craptastic. What happened to Anton? He looked like our 3rd line center for the next 10 years, now he is playing like garbage.

Yakupov, kid loves the game.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
This 9 year old kid, puts RNH to shame with his shoot-out abilities...

I've seen guys, miss the net, fan on the puck, fall down, and lose the puck, but they all tried harder than RNH..Talbot with his goalie stick, could have put more effort into it..

Last edited:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I've seen nuge go into the boards against Kesler and have kesler come out chirping at the ref for a call. He is a guy who walks the line and knows what to do to win battles. He is our smartest player.

I'm not sure I keep him but you can't replace him as easily as you think.

Drai needs to get better, Rnh needs to get stronger and fiercerer...Hall needs to bear down....schultz needs to man the **** up...nurse needs to score from the point.... eberle needs to gtfo....mcdutch needs to descend from the rafters wearing a sting mask etc.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nuge tried to get a quick shot off low glove, just like he usually tries to go low blocker. Didn't work. Holy **** are you all overreacting.

Do you honestly think he wasn't trying in a shootout attempt with the game on the line? Christ.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I've seen nuge go into the boards against Kesler and have kesler come out chirping at the ref for a call. He is a guy who walks the line and knows what to do to win battles. He is our smartest player.

I'm not sure I keep him but you can't replace him as easily as you think.

Drai needs to get better, Rnh needs to get stronger and fiercerer...Hall needs to bear down....schultz needs to man the **** up...nurse needs to score from the point.... eberle needs to gtfo....mcdutch needs to descend from the rafters wearing a sting mask etc.

Eberle's been their best scorer over the last 15 games (predictably).

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Nuge tried to get a quick shot off low glove, just like he usually tries to go low blocker. Didn't work. Holy **** are you all overreacting.

Do you honestly think he wasn't trying in a shootout attempt with the game on the line? Christ.

Ya I don't quite understand the skewering that's going on here either.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wish I had a nickel for every post on this site last year skewering Hall and wanting to trade him.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

He usually puts some weight behind the shot. This one was softer than a pass you'd give to a 3 year old..

Edit: I don't know about others, I was just crapping on his shootout attempt. Nothing else. I like Nuge and hold him to a higher standard than muffin shots :)

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Is nuge this year's hall/goat?

I get he's having a bad year. It's frustrating.

I think you need all three centres to push eachother. Especially nuge, his intensity has dropped off huge. I would not call him soft though....and he still needs to get stronger.

Hall was injured for most of last year no? If Nuge is this bad from just the flu...:laugh:

:sarcasm:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

What's funny to me is that RNH scored using that exact same move a couple weeks ago against Arizona, and everyone was all "NUUUUGEEE!!!11"

Watched it side by side with this, and it's literally a carbon copy except one was a goal and the other was a save.

Same move but different result, and now the narrative is he does muffins and didn't try hard enough I guess.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
What's funny to me is that RNH scored using that exact same move a couple weeks ago against Arizona, and everyone was all "NUUUUGEEE!!!11"

Watched it side by side with this, and it's literally a carbon copy except one was a goal and the other was a save.

Same move but different result, and now the narrative is he does muffins and didn't try hard enough I guess.

Tbh I'm not as convinced as Remenda that what Nuge did in the Yotes game was such a great shootout gambit. For one thing on both shots Nuge is coming in from the side and looking to shoot. Why limit your angle if that's all you're going to do?

Also on the Yotes goal the goalie plays it awkwardly, somehow isn't set for the shot, and stumbles instead of being able to move on the shots. Nuge also gets more of it.

On the shootout attempt last night the similar play, less velocity, the goalie expects the shot, and has no difficulty whatsoever making the save. The difference apparently is one goalie getting fooled and another reading it.

But all that said is it really a good probability gambit for somebody that isn't scoring hardly at all on shots to be taking a shot on shootout? I don't know Nuge on basis of play should even be taking the shootout attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad