Oilers lose 2-1 - another bluechip prospect beckons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I don't "keep" bringing it up. Its the second time I've made the point.
Compared to how much the Yak fans repeat themselves on here, its nothing.
And you can keep saying draft position doesn't matter whenever it doesn't suit your agenda, but this team tanked a whole year for the right to select Yak.
You can go ahead and sweep that under the carpet if you like, but I expected something in return for that debacle of a season. Shame we got a player with all the mental fortitude of a wet towel instead.
He's better in all areas of the game. But I don't expect you to notice because you are too busy waiting for him to make a mistake so you can post about it in GDT. Or perhaps you just get distracted from watching the "game" as your eyes follow Yakupov around waiting in vain for him to do something useful?
Ya think? :laugh:
Yeah, and ask yourself when was the last time you saw ex-NHLers basically mocking a current player and saying his style looks like a "guy being chased by bees".
I totally agree that hockey is more than points. Eberle fails in some aspects of hockey for sure. Yakupov fails in nearly every aspect. He doesn't even know the basics of how to play his position. People cringe when watching him. Fans feel embarrassed for his ineptitude. Shocking that you don't see this and instead choose to focus on the "game against MN where Eberle was directly responsible for a GA".
Never tried to compare him to Kane or Hall. But if I did, that would be a lot more legit comparison than comparing Yak to Eberle.

As if your agenda wasn't obvious enough. You have to knock down a player like Yakupov in order to prop Eberle up. How sad is that.

Keep taking shots at Yakupov all you want. I don't really care and it doesn't offend me, but he has nothing to do with this discussion anyway, and you're the first one to bring him up. It just shows how weak your argument is when you have to resort to making strawman after strawman to defend Eberle's piss-poor play.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Really solid point.
However Eberle has been on the big team since Renney was the coach.
He hasn't been exempted from any of the suck the Oilers have marinated their players in over the past six seasons.
Will you concede that he is the only forward on the team who has managed to better his standing around the league during that time?

Oh yeah, you've done a good job convincing me. Most of the commentary re: Eberle is also so up and down as it was in GDT PGT's. Basically people saying he had a really bad game when in reality he was quite dangerous early on and for maybe half the game. But because his last half of game was ordinary the comments here reflect the what have you done for us in the last period or so fishbowl.. Goldfish bowl I'm tempted to say. :laugh:
We're all guilty, cept you on that account as your consistently reminding that Eberles contribution is valuable. It is.

You would probably add a bit more to the discussion if 98% of your defense of Eberle wasn't just attacking Yakupov.

You pick odd sides, you really do. Harpoon is responding to some of the Yak can do no wrong camp. All round the views of Yak and Eberle on this board among other players are very much in flux with a lot of circling wagons. The unfortunate thing is that a LOT of posters tend to be picking this player vs this player sides and the board has largely succumbed to that. I think that's mostly due to the team just being bad for so long that its amounted to people drawing lines in the sand on which players they accept, which they don't etc. I don't blame anybody for that EXCEPT the one topic posters here that ONLY post to blast one particular player which is... (theres a word for it) and Harpoon ain't that.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
As if your agenda wasn't obvious enough. You have to knock down a player like Yakupov in order to prop Eberle up. How sad is that.

Keep taking shots at Yakupov all you want. I don't really care and it doesn't offend me, but he has nothing to do with this discussion anyway, and you're the first one to bring him up. It just shows how weak your argument is when you have to resort to making strawman after strawman to defend Eberle's piss-poor play.

Pot meet kettle :)

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Oh yeah, you've done a good job convincing me. Most of the commentary re: Eberle is also so up and down as it was in GDT PGT's. Basically people saying he had a really bad game when in reality he was quite dangerous early on and for maybe half the game. But because his last half of game was ordinary the comments here reflect the what have you done for us in the last period or so fishbowl.. Goldfish bowl I'm tempted to say. :laugh:
We're all guilty, cept you on that account as your consistently reminding that Eberles contribution is valuable. It is.

You pick odd sides, you really do. Harpoon is responding to some of the Yak can do no wrong camp. All round the views of Yak and Eberle on this board among other players are very much in flux with a lot of circling wagons. The unfortunate thing is that a LOT of posters tend to be picking this player vs this player sides and the board has largely succumbed to that. I think that's mostly due to the team just being bad for so long that its amounted to people drawing lines in the sand on which players they accept, which they don't etc. I don't blame anybody for that EXCEPT the one topic posters here that ONLY post to blast one particular player which is... (theres a word for it) and Harpoon ain't that.

You are going to have this constant Eberle vs Yakupov for a few reasons, one being they play the same position, another being that one or the other deserve top line position according to posters. I don't see a problem with that other than facts are constantly thrown out the window over favouritism.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

He responded to a post with no mention of Yak in it by bringing up Yak in every single one of his bullet points.

If people don't want every thread to turn into an Eberle vs. Yakupov thread, that's the type of stuff that needs to stop.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
You are going to have this constant Eberle vs Yakupov for a few reasons, one being they play the same position, another being that one or the other deserve top line position according to posters. I don't see a problem with that other than facts are constantly thrown out the window over favouritism.

Yep, we're agreed on that. That's fair. Like I say though the worst thing is posters here that are only here to talk about one player. This is a team board, HFoilers, not a one player board. Its the one topic posting that should be getting a further look, or ignored (not saying you)... jmo

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
He responded to a post with no mention of Yak in it by bringing up Yak in every single one of his bullet points.

If people don't want every thread to turn into an Eberle vs. Yakupov thread, that's the type of stuff that needs to stop.

The poster he responded to has brought up Eberle often in the discussions. Theres a history, just saying.

But again, in fairness look at some of the posts that are occurring regarding Yak. Theres a fair amount of one player posting going on(i.e. one topic posters) and those posters are FILLING every GDT PGT with comments that Eberle sucks. Its mostly some of the Yak fans doing that if we're being objective. I don't see that being called out.

Plus its slightly unusual to see several posters thinking Eberle sucks. (Can that really be a valid opinion?)I have my specific criticisms of Eberles game but the degree of extent of criticism I see in threads is off the charts. For instance just yesterday and today.

Conversly I can at least see criticism of Yak being more valid. Of the two players he's clearly shown less, and had less success, albeit I often explain why that is.

Anyway, maybe call out a moratorium on these player comparisons and I'd agree with that. But you singled out one poster while ignoring all the others doing it.

cheers

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Pot meet kettle :)

I don't have to knock down Eberle. He's done it himself with his own lazy play over the years without any accountability. I just point it out. The usual suspects show up and make it Eberle vs Yakupov, though, when the matter is far more complex than that.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I don't have to knock down Eberle. He's done it himself with his own lazy play over the years without any accountability. I just point it out. The usual suspects show up and make it Eberle vs Yakupov, though, when the matter is far more complex than that.

Then don't knock...heheh

The matter is not that complex, hockey is hockey, simply watch the games and use FAIR criticism.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
The poster he responded to has brought up Eberle often in the discussions. Theres a history, just saying.

But again, in fairness look at some of the posts that are occurring regarding Yak. Theres a fair amount of one player posting going on(i.e. one topic posters) and those posters are FILLING every GDT PGT with comments that Eberle sucks. Its mostly some of the Yak fans doing that if we're being objective. I don't see that being called out.

Plus its slightly unusual to see several posters thinking Eberle sucks. (Can that really be a valid opinion?)I have my specific criticisms of Eberles game but the degree of extent of criticism I see in threads is off the charts. For instance just yesterday and today.

Conversly I can at least see criticism of Yak being more valid. Of the two players he's clearly shown less, and had less success, albeit I often explain why that is.

Anyway, maybe call out a moratorium on these player comparisons and I'd agree with that. But you singled out one poster while ignoring all the others doing it.

cheers

The GDT are getting impossible to follow and post in, you would swear not one single player ever made a good pass or play. A player can make 10 good plays in a row, one bad play = trade him now, he's garbage.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The GDT are getting impossible to follow and post in, you would swear not one single player ever made a good pass or play. A player can make 10 good plays in a row, one bad play = trade him now, he's garbage.
Haaaaateeeee it

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
You started it dude. This is the GDT, not the Eberle thread.
You would probably add a bit more to the discussion if 98% of your defense of Eberle wasn't just attacking Yakupov.
Before admitting that you are right, let me say that I have multiple posts where I have argued the case and they just get ignored by people posting the same contrary to fact stuff day after day. So please don't pretend that I haven't contributed my own viewpoint on many occasions. My post history will back this up, so have a look if you doubt me.

That said, I get it man. I really do. I see the crap I post sometimes, and the crap I'm responding to, and feel embarrassed that this is what its come to on the board of a team that thought sucking on purpose for the lotto picks was the way to go. I'm tired of watching scapegoats like Gilbert and Stortini and Souray and Gagner and Petry and Schultz get destroyed on our own board with just mean spirited over the top crap like "gutless" and "coward" and "pos" etc. When the peanut gallery turned their sights on Eberle and RNH this season it was just unbelievable to me. Compounding incredulity was the fact that to a man the most vehement scoffers are big fans of #10. Sometimes one has to draw a line, no?

Being fans of this team has infected us all. I'm not afraid to admit that I used to be a better poster. Sometimes you sink to the level you are given to work with. And if I may be so bold, I'd venture to say that this is where the Oilers so called young guns, golden boys, whatever sarcastic term you'd like to use have failed us. They sunk to the level they were given to work with.

Greedy owner who knows nothing whatsoever about hockey, inept cronies in management, a roundabout of inferior coaches, a paper thin roster without a hope of seriously competing .... most players are going to be affected by that. We as fans should have sympathy for that. Instead we act like it was our heads Eakins was ******** on. And the guys who have carried the team for years get called out for not having carried it good enough.

You gonna bust your nads for that team? Risk injury? And recall that the fans are mocking you too, and throwing the sweater on the ice. And yeah they're being paid $6 million and blah blah blah, but Hall and RNH and Eberle could have gone anywhere and made $5 million plus, so who cares. They are all over paid. But if we are talking about who even came close to earning their money, I know which names are on my list.

I can't promise my posting is going to improve in the ways that you would like. But I appreciate you calling me out. I don't mind serving as a lesson for the board. And I will say in my own defense that at least I had the sense to remove myself from the Yakupov thread - which seems to be a lot more than you could say for the most dedicated gang of Nail supporters who can't go a day without posting the same rancid excuses for Nail and toothless attacks on Eberle in every thread available to them.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Before admitting that you are right, let me say that I have multiple posts where I have argued the case and they just get ignored by people posting the same contrary to fact stuff day after day. So please don't pretend that I haven't contributed my own viewpoint on many occasions. My post history will back this up, so have a look if you doubt me.

That said, I get it man. I really do. I see the crap I post sometimes, and the crap I'm responding to, and feel embarrassed that this is what its come to on the board of a team that thought sucking on purpose for the lotto picks was the way to go. I'm tired of watching scapegoats like Gilbert and Stortini and Souray and Gagner and Petry and Schultz get destroyed on our own board with just mean spirited over the top crap like "gutless" and "coward" and "pos" etc. When the peanut gallery turned their sights on Eberle and RNH this season it was just unbelievable to me. Compounding incredulity was the fact that to a man the most vehement scoffers are big fans of #10. Sometimes one has to draw a line, no?

Being fans of this team has infected us all. I'm not afraid to admit that I used to be a better poster. Sometimes you sink to the level you are given to work with. And if I may be so bold, I'd venture to say that this is where the Oilers so called young guns, golden boys, whatever sarcastic term you'd like to use have failed us. They sunk to the level they were given to work with.

Greedy owner who knows nothing whatsoever about hockey, inept cronies in management, a roundabout of inferior coaches, a paper thin roster without a hope of seriously competing .... most players are going to be affected by that. We as fans should have sympathy for that. Instead we act like it was our heads Eakins was ******** on. And the guys who have carried the team for years get called out for not having carried it good enough.

You gonna bust your nads for that team? Risk injury? And recall that the fans are mocking you too, and throwing the sweater on the ice. And yeah they're being paid $6 million and blah blah blah, but Hall and RNH and Eberle could have gone anywhere and made $5 million plus, so who cares. They are all over paid. But if we are talking about who even came close to earning their money, I know which names are on my list.

I can't promise my posting is going to improve in the ways that you would like. But I appreciate you calling me out. I don't mind serving as a lesson for the board. And I will say in my own defense that at least I had the sense to remove myself from the Yakupov thread - which seems to be a lot more than you could say for the most dedicated gang of Nail supporters who can't go a day without posting the same rancid excuses for Nail and toothless attacks on Eberle in every thread available to them.
Thumbs up!!

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012

Eberle played poorly in a game where most of the team played well, and I called him out. What's the problem? Pouliot also played poorly and I dislike him more than Eberle. Are you going to defend Pouliot too?

Love the skill, hate how they play (most of the time). I don't criticize them so I can pump up Yak, or something so short-sighted or petty as that.

It's just hard to take you seriously when you jump in and defend Eberle all the time even when he plays poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad