Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Okay so here's the stats this year from the Leafs goalie

2015-16 Toronto Marlies AHL 11 2 0 633 20 0 2 1.90 8 2 1 303 0.938

Hes No pushover it seems

He's no scrub, but the Marlies are an excellent team. Brossoit is bar-none the Condors best and most popular player.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Nice.
This poses a tough question with no definite answer - Do you cheer for your buddy or your team?

Well the Oilers are in last place and it's his first nhl game. I'm gonna be cheering for the Leafs in this one.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Anyone know where I can find cheap Leafs tickets to the game tomorrow?

Try selling a kidney.

I lived near the ACC for years and never went to a Leafs game (not willing to pay $200+ for tickets but now they suck so maybe it's less). Scalper will sell you tickets cheap after the first period ends... I don't trust those slimeballs though...

White Water Kayker

Nov 28, 2014
The leafs have the record they do due to Reimer going into God mode, and that's all I have to say about that.

Toronto is playing FAR better hockey than a lot of teams atm, but just don't have any finishers. Goalie got hot yes, but I'd be careful discounting the Leafs, they've been beating some good teams of late, and we are not "good."

Should be fun to watch.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
The fact the Leafs are starting an AHL Caliber Goaltender in his debut game vs. the Oilers shows how much respect they have for Edmonton....

It was between him and Bernier. Trust me toronto right now has a better chance at a win with the rookie. Bernier just been awful.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nurse struggled a bit against Pittsburgh, would like to see:

Klefbom-Fayne
Davidson-Sekera
Nurse-Schultz

For Toronto's game. I really liked the Davidson-Schultz pairing though.

Fayne needs to GTFO IMO.

Klefbom-Schultz
Nurse-Sekera
Davidson-Gryba

I'd rather Schutz on the 3rd pairing as he eases his way back but I'm not sure if Schutz or Gryba would be alright at LD. If either was then I'd go back to the Davidson-Klefbom pairing

I'm going to this game. My buddies NHL debut. Going to be a conflicting one for sure.

Best of wishes to him, I wish him a solid game but an Oilers win ;)

Ya Fayne has no business playing ahead of Gryba right now. He's a been absolutely awful three games in a row.

At least when Gryba screws up its a momentary lapse, but does ok otherwise. Fayne poops himself every time he's on the ice.

Fayne has been awful, Gryba brings more to the table than he does although his play has dipped of late.

Okay so here's the stats this year from the Leafs goalie

2015-16 Toronto Marlies AHL 11 2 0 633 20 0 2 1.90 8 2 1 303 0.938

Hes No pushover it seems

Not at all. :amazed:

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Try selling a kidney.

I lived near the ACC for years and never went to a Leafs game (not willing to pay $200+ for tickets but now they suck so maybe it's less). Scalper will sell you tickets cheap after the first period ends... I don't trust those slimeballs though...

Yeah when the Oilers are up 5-0 a lot of attendees will want to sell their tickets :naughty:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Toronto is playing FAR better hockey than a lot of teams atm, but just don't have any finishers. Goalie got hot yes, but I'd be careful discounting the Leafs, they've been beating some good teams of late, and we are not "good."

Should be fun to watch.

And likewise with the Oilers - who are playing better than their record (too many one goal losses and 3rd most difficult schedule according to the Sagarin metric - http://sagarin.com/sports/nhlsend.htm).

If the Oilers are heading in the right direction - this should be a win. No more moral victories - we need to beat these "not good" teams.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
And likewise with the Oilers - who are playing better than their record (too many one goal losses and 3rd most difficult schedule according to the Sagarin metric - http://sagarin.com/sports/nhlsend.htm).

If the Oilers are heading in the right direction - this should be a win. No more moral victories - we need to beat these "not good" teams.

Its funny because that's what other teams fans say when they play us.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Its funny because that's what other teams fans say when they play us.

Leafs ;" they're a bunch of teenagers who went 1st overall. Go embaress them. They like to skate and dangle so don't give them room and take the body."

Oilers ; "alright boys let's go fulfill our limitless potential"

Gambl0r83*

Their AHL goalie is getting his NHL debut, he's going to come out with a purpose. Oh, and his record is 8-2-1 with a 9.38 save % down there

5-1 Leafs, another determined goalie to stonewall our offense.
Khaira with the goal

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The fact the Leafs are starting an AHL Caliber Goaltender in his debut game vs. the Oilers shows how much respect they have for Edmonton....

Leaf fan here, it has nothing to do with how much respect we have for the Oilers it has everything to do with Bernier not being able to stop a beach ball right now. The guy doesn't have a single win this year....think about that...we're 1 day away from the calendar turning to December and he's winless. This is how pissed Babcock is with Bernier right now with Reimer on the shelf he rather go to a kid who is ripping up the AHL right now then a former 1st round pick and a guy that was supposed to be our future. When Reimer comes back Bernier is going to be riding the pine for a while, he doesn't deserve to get game action because every single time he does get the net he's letting in 1 or 2 stinkers. Why not call a kid up (literally a 10 minute drive from the Ricoh to the ACC) and get him some early game action and see what we have in him.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Leaf fan here, it has nothing to do with how much respect we have for the Oilers it has everything to do with Bernier not being able to stop a beach ball right now. The guy doesn't have a single win this year....think about that...we're 1 day away from the calendar turning to December and he's winless. This is how pissed Babcock is with Bernier right now with Reimer on the shelf he rather go to a kid who is ripping up the AHL right now then a former 1st round pick and a guy that was supposed to be our future. When Reimer comes back Bernier is going to be riding the pine for a while, he doesn't deserve to get game action because every single time he does get the net he's letting in 1 or 2 stinkers. Why not call a kid up (literally a 10 minute drive from the Ricoh to the ACC) and get him some early game action and see what we have in him.

You'd think playing against the lowly Oilers might be helpful in building his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad