Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Leafs - Monday 7:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Wasn't it reported that a young goalie would be making his first NHL start against us?

Things aren't looking up.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
We have 7 ROW, same as Anaheim and somehow 2 more than the Leafs.

Garrett Sparks likely to start. Hope Eberle welcomes him with his first career hat trick, but I hope everyone continues to ***** about his terrible play.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Nurse struggled a bit against Pittsburgh, would like to see:

Klefbom-Fayne
Davidson-Sekera
Nurse-Schultz

For Toronto's game. I really liked the Davidson-Schultz pairing though.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I'm going to this game. My buddies NHL debut. Going to be a conflicting one for sure.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
The Oilers might be able to get on a mini-roll if they don't play there terrible defencemen.

Nurse - Sekera
Klefbom - Fayne
Davidson - Schultz

It's only a matter of time until Reinhart replaces Fayne. Gryba is probably best suited to be a no.7 guy who spots in, I guess coming in and out with Fayne. Ference, as we all know, is done. I won't be surprise if he's played his last NHL game already. I guess they'll put him in later in the season when it's clear that the club will buy him out and that he'll retire. Final home game of the season makes sense.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The Oilers might be able to get on a mini-roll if they don't play there terrible defencemen.

Nurse - Sekera
Klefbom - Fayne
Davidson - Schultz

It's only a matter of time until Reinhart replaces Fayne. Gryba is probably best suited to be a no.7 guy who spots in, I guess coming in and out with Fayne. Ference, as we all know, is done. I won't be surprise if he's played his last NHL game already. I guess they'll put him in later in the season when it's clear that the club will buy him out and that he'll retire. Final home game of the season makes sense.

Fayne looked disgustingly bad last game. He shouldn't be playing. He should be up in the PB with Ference for the rest of the year. I'd like to see this:

Klefbom-Sekera
Nurse-Schultz
Davidson-Gryba

Klefbom has always shown he excels when played with a defensively minded partner so he can make plays.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
The fact the Leafs are starting an AHL Caliber Goaltender in his debut game vs. the Oilers shows how much respect they have for Edmonton....

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo Reimer has been on fire and without him they'll lose to us. Famous last words I know

But if we can win this game then that's a streak (technically). Maybe with some confidence and with Schultz back we can get something going before McDavid arrives

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Fayne looked disgustingly bad last game. He shouldn't be playing. He should be up in the PB with Ference for the rest of the year. I'd like to see this:

Klefbom-Sekera
Nurse-Schultz
Davidson-Gryba

Klefbom has always shown he excels when played with a defensively minded partner so he can make plays.

Ya Fayne has no business playing ahead of Gryba right now. He's a been absolutely awful three games in a row.

At least when Gryba screws up its a momentary lapse, but does ok otherwise. Fayne poops himself every time he's on the ice.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
The leafs have the record they do due to Reimer going into God mode, and that's all I have to say about that.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
One of the teams I always want desperately to beat. Usually means I'm annoyed, and disgusted afterward. Please win this one.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Okay so here's the stats this year from the Leafs goalie

2015-16 Toronto Marlies AHL 11 2 0 633 20 0 2 1.90 8 2 1 303 0.938

Hes No pushover it seems

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The fact the Leafs are starting an AHL Caliber Goaltender in his debut game vs. the Oilers shows how much respect they have for Edmonton....

Reimer is hurt.

Bernier was awful against Washington.

Sparks has a .938 in the AHL.

This couldn't be less true.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

Klefbom-Sekera
Nurse-Schultz
Davidson-Gryba

He shouldn't, that much is clear, but it was the team's 3rd game in 4 nights. Same with the Pens. Their defense didn't exactly look like Norris trophy candidates either. To put it bluntly, both sides were God awful. :laugh:

The leafs have the record they do due to Reimer going into God mode, and that's all I have to say about that.

While he has really helped the team, the Leafs have actually (surprisingly) played pretty hard many games. They've cut down on the amount of shots they gave up last year drastically. Remember all those 40+ shot games? Slim to none this year and with much less talent to boot. Not going to overlook them if they (like Carolina) continue to work hard. A solid effort can really go a long way. We talk about it all the time with EDM. If they put in the effort on a nightly basis and still lost, we'd all be fine with it. But they don't and that's why we get even more upset. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad