Post-Game Talk: Oilers lay another egg

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
And one of the guys who loves him is getting paid millions to coach a professional team... Should not be possible.
What? That's a poor argument. Chiarelli was paid millions to destroy a team, therefore he was right all along!

Reactions: McCombo

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
How am I being biased.

Bear was good. LAST YEAR. Realistically he has been meh at best this year and still doesn't look right. I like Bear a lot as a player.

You are the one being biased and not realistic. Bear, in current time has not been close to good. That's based on reality, not on last year

You don't play a heavily struggling guy on the top f***ing pairing with a guy who has to play like 28minutes a game and just hope he gets better. That's a terrible idea

Bro I want Bouchard to play so badly especially on the PP lol but we can't just rule out Bear yet. He's only played 13 games so far and, let's not forget, he was injured for a while as well. He was starting to find his game right before the injury

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Kris Russell has never been an analytics darling.
:laugh: So you think it is fine that he completely suffocates our best players because he plays hard and gives his all? He is a bad hockey player at NHL level. The game has changed and he doens't have the skills to succeed. He kills the play in the offensive zone and can't complete a pass in defensive zone which means he is getting hemmed in and everyone he plays with. Which means you are getting out-shot, out-chanced and out-scored eventually.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
And he's going to learn it watching.... who, exactly? You take him out after one off game and you're going to murder his confidence.

Just like how Khaira, Lagesson, Ennis, etc confidence was murdered. You honestly make no sense. It's a crime to scratch a rookie?

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
what's Bouchard doing right now other then getting scored on?

-He is 3rd on team on shots on goal per game, behind McDavid and Nuge. I suspect he would be first taking into consideration his ice time. That is remarkable for a any dman.
-He is great, no, fantastic at making the first pass out of the zone, by far our best dman at doing that.

The guy has played 19 games in the NHL...19!!, give him a break. What exactly did you expect him to do exactly after Drai knocks the stick out of his hands. Watch the play again. The second goal was him skating across the ice, covering for Bear!!, you can't possible blame him for that.

Even if you want to blame him 100% for both goals, fine. You expect our best offensive prospect dman in years....decades, to play perfect defense in his 19th game, give your head a shake.

Reactions: CravenMH and frag2

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
:laugh: So you think it is fine that he completely suffocates our best players because he plays hard and gives his all? He is a bad hockey player at NHL level. The game has changed and he doens't have the skills to succeed. He kills the play in the offensive zone and can't complete a pass in defensive zone which means he is getting hemmed in and everyone he plays with. Which means you are getting out-shot, out-chanced and out-scored eventually.
I kept watching Toronto's D. Pretty much EVERY TIME they made 1-2 passes and it was out. They don't just flick the puck out for no reason to center, to the scoreboard, and to ice it. They never do that.

We already have Larsson do that a lot and then we have the King at it, Russell.

You basically cannot even have the puck in your own end while he is on. Entire shift is gone. Once he gets the puck, it is going to be lobbed out for a loss of possession. It's hilarious.

He is old, but I wouldn't mind the guy at least trying to absorb a hit and to look around quickly. His first instinct is to always just smack it away.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We made a competitive offer to Markstrom. Not sure you want to spend more than that on a guy on the wrong side of 30.

Kicked tires on others but weren’t willing to overpay especially when we didn’t have the cap space.

This off season is when we’ll be able to address some issues as we do have cap space. Not sure why this has to be pointed out yet again.
Yea, my bad for not being aware of the cap squeeze , Markstrom details and such before opening my gate! Just so eager to see the Oil win instead of the loafs. Holland inherited a couple franchise players sure....unfortunately with them came a ton a of baggage to clean up. Im sure he will get the job done and right the ship. Not an over night job as pointed out.
Cheers

Reactions: North

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Leading the team in shots and scoring at a higher rate than every other defenseman at even strength.

What is Russell doing other than getting scored on?
I mean yeah the last two games hurt, but it's not like Bouchard has been a fish out of water either. The team absolutely needs what he brings and that includes growing pains along with the success. Everyone was super happy about it with Bear last year, but now we're to treat Bouchard differently? Hard to keep up with what people want sometimes.

""How the hell is Bouchard scratched over Russell fire Tippett".

"Why the hell was Bouchard playing over Russell he got eaten alive fire Tippett".

I says pardon? Lol.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Maybe I missed this but this insane

It’s amazing people defend Larsson, he has zero puck skills, he tosses the puck away more than anyone I’ve ever watched this year. The only thing he’s good at his standing in front of pucks some times, he chooses the odd game to play physical

Reactions: frag2

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
One to clobber leafs with, one to control puck. Drai technically only needs one for the latter. Nothing in the rule book I can see about players not having two sticks..

jk, its probably in there somewhere. If not our D should do it. Or Koskinen. No wait he can't use one..

Drai looks to have both legs in wraps or something. Are both of his legs hurt? jebus.
Koskinen uses two blockers, might as well give him another stick.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Shot attempts were 19-3 with Bouch out on the ice last night. 2/3 of the ones against ended up in the net, lol.

Reactions: nabob

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
what's Bouchard doing right now other then getting scored on?
Providing quality outlet passes. Getting shots through on net better than any other Dman proportional to his ice time (not his fault our guys struggle at creating traffic and deflecting pucks). Aside from a couple mistakes he has held his own defensively, but don't worry a lot of the veteran D on this team make those same mistakes just as often.

Reactions: CravenMH

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Maybe I missed this but this insane

It’s amazing people defend Larsson, he has zero puck skills, he tosses the puck away more than anyone I’ve ever watched this year. The only thing he’s good at his standing in front of pucks some times, he chooses the odd game to play physical

Explain what Larsson should have done in that innocuous replay. It's amazing how Oiler 'fans' need punching bags to constantly vent their personal frustrations.

Larsson has Thornton and Marner on his ass and no puck support. Explain why Larsson should jump on his horse to get that puck knowing there will be no passing options with two Leafs bearing down on him. What guy was JP, the supporting forward covering? It's easy to critique.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Explain what Larsson should have done in that innocuous replay. It's amazing how Oiler 'fans' constantly need punching bags to constantly vent their frustrations.

Larsson has Thornton and Marner on his ass and no puck support. Explain why Larsson should jump on his horse to get that puck knowing there will be no passing options with two Leafs bearing down on him. What guy was JP, the supporting forward covering? It's easy to critique.

I think they're talking about the hilarious pirouette at the beginning of the clip.

Reactions: Smartguy

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Leading the team in shots and scoring at a higher rate than every other defenseman at even strength.

What is Russell doing other than getting scored on?
But if he commits a penalty and therefore not on the ice, is he actually getting "scored on"? o_O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad