Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Kings 8:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Nail-Yakupov-Goal-Celebration.gif

This is a nice video of a teenager before his spirit was broken by overlord Eakins.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Kings are the one team where I'll take the backup over the starter.

It's been like 6 years and Quick is still pissed off about the Yak slide.

Quick though has been an adventure as of late and kuemper has looked better recently. That said Quick plays well against the Oilers.
H

Haha so excessive

In fairness the Oilers didn't win so much back then. So that a W against a SC team was the Oilers form of SC. That was a huge goal, winning goal, and really probably the best moment in a season.

In the moment most Oiler fans were sliding with Yakupov pumping arms crazily. It was bedlam here when that goal was scored. Quick as mentioned was PISSED!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well, of course my heart is with Oilers, and I'm always hoping for the home side. But I do want the Kings to make the playoffs and the Flames to not make the playoffs.

So lets order up a 3 pt game and the Oilers win. C'mon hockey gods.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
^Doughty sees more of McD than Hedman does. Doughty had already resolved not allowing McD to run a show like that. Plus Kings will obviously do more in NZ and be more physical.

Really Tampa played McD exactly how Connor would want any team to. Tampa is an odd team. Best team in regular season but still don't seem to know when to shut it down.

Kings won't play the Oilers as lightly.

Should be a good game.

What is nice is the Oilers again being a big deal in big markets like LA. Its been since Gretzky when this has been the case. Theres been quite a lot of interest in the game in LA even if the Oilers aren't so hot this season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
^Doughty sees more of McD than Hedman does. Doughty had already resolved not allowing McD to run a show like that. Plus Kings will obviously do more in NZ and be more physical.

Really Tampa played McD exactly how Connor would want any team to. Tampa is an odd team. Best team in regular season but still don't seem to know when to shut it down.

Kings won't play the Oilers as lightly.

Should be a good game.

What is nice is the Oilers again being a big deal in big markets like LA. Its been since Gretzky when this has been the case. Theres been quite a lot of interest in the game in LA even if the Oilers aren't so hot this season.
And not to look down on our performance but that was the end of a long road trip (7 games) for Tampa too.

Also Tampas style is much more open than LA which is the kind of game McDavid excels in. LA is a much tighter team and that tends to quiet McDavid down.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Quick though has been an adventure as of late and kuemper has looked better recently. That said Quick plays well against the Oilers.

In fairness the Oilers didn't win so much back then. So that a W against a SC team was the Oilers form of SC. That was a huge goal, winning goal, and really probably the best moment in a season.

In the moment most Oiler fans were sliding with Yakupov pumping arms crazily. It was bedlam here when that goal was scored. Quick as mentioned was PISSED!

It was the tying goal right after the refs waved off the goal when Gagner got tied up with Quick's pad.

Then in overtime Gagner got the GWG.

Crazy game

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Had a great feeling about the Oilers very early in the Tampa game... they looked like they were hungry and very determined.

I hope that same level of hunger and determination exists in this game against the Kings as well.

IF the Oilers believe in themselves and work their asses off for each other for 60 minutes... they are one of the best teams in the NHL.

Reactions: Burnoutboi

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It was the tying goal right after the refs waved off the goal when Gagner got tied up with Quick's pad.

Then in overtime Gagner got the GWG.

Crazy game

Yep, thanks, my memory was slightly off on that one. But the Oilers wagons were rolling, we were dominating, got the goal called back and then when yak scored it was like a powderkeg went off.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Man, that was beautiful. I want him back, so I can watch him do this even if it's only 8 times a year.
I liked him as well. Eakins ruined him. I ruined Eakins in Boston. I sat near bench and yelled at him telling him he was getting fired. He shot me a dirty look but he did get fired the next week

Reactions: Del Preston

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The unstoppable force... McDavid with 6 goals in his last 2 games vs the immovable object... Kuemper with 2 shutouts in his last 2 games. (Kuemper also has a 98.03 save pct in his last 4 games).

Something has to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad