LeBrun: Oilers interested in trading for Mrazek's rights

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly if you are a GM and want any potential UFA wouldn't leaking something like this to the media make a lot of sense?

Make sure the player knows he has other options and doesn't sign until hearing an offer next week.

Although Mrazek is one of the best options available in net this free agency, so one would think his agent would be playing that card anyway.

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
I have a lot of time for Mrazek. I remember when Detroit's farm team beat the OKC Barons in the AHL playoffs and it was entirely because Mrazek stood on his head.

Reactions: bert2z

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I love how chiarelli gave that contract the day before he got fired. Like the owners approved it knowing they were going to fire him?

Ridiculous lol
If you go back there is a lot of talk from Nicholson that it wasn't just Chiarelli's decision. Our "management team" meet in Arizona or something the week before the signing. Out of the media it was agreed that we needed to lock up Koskinen.

Reactions: the4thlinegrinder

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Ah Holland off to a roaring start. Going to bring back his old goalie he's still in love with that posted a very average .912 sv pct during his tenure with Detroit.

Mrazek continues to highlight what a grossly inconsistent goalie he is which is why he has never held down a starting gig. He can go a month looking like a vezina goalie and then another month whether you wonder if he should go back playing overseas

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Considering the money they are paying to Koskinen this is the type of guy that they are going to need to get.

Someone who can take over for starter if, but realistically when, Koskinen shows he can't do it, someone who is cheap and someone who they hope can bounce back.

They aren't getting prime Carey Price so the guy they get is going to be underwhelming and come with concerns.

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
I've always wondered, if Holland liked Mrazek why did he let him go?

Inconsistency. He's pretty comparable to Koskinen in that regard. He can have a stretch where he looks phenomenal and then goes 8 games playing like crap. You don't want him as a starter. But if a team can ride his hot streaks he's a good option.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I have a lot of time for Mrazek. I remember when Detroit's farm team beat the OKC Barons in the AHL playoffs and it was entirely because Mrazek stood on his head.

I remember being at that wjc when he was going crazy against USA and wondering who he was.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Inconsistency. He's pretty comparable to Koskinen in that regard. He can have a stretch where he looks phenomenal and then goes 8 games playing like crap. You don't want him as a starter. But if a team can ride his hot streaks he's a good option.
I think Koskinen's biggest issue is adjusting to the game. Don't think he's going to be an elite goalie by any means, but if he can figure out the North American angles he should be better

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
The hottest of hot takes.

Penguins trade Matt Murray + Jack Johnson
Oilers trade Puljujarvi, Yamimoto, 8th overall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad