Pre-Game Talk: Oilers in the storm (Nov 10 5pm mst)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
I’m thinking go back to McDrai to finish the trip.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Yams
Hyman-Nuge-Puljujarvi
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Janmark-Holloway-Kostin

Yah, yah…I know, don’t do McDrai, one line team…yada yada…
Yams is done as a 1st liner. That's Bison country now.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Have an amazing time! What an awesome road trip.

You might not be a basketball guy but holy shit is the weekend in Raleigh stacked with Duke, Carolina and NC State all playing home games in Tobacco Road.

Thanks! Not a bb guy at all I’m afraid but love new live experiences so I’m sure it would be fun to see one of those games live!

I’ll hopefully be comfortably at home by the weekend watching the Oilers v Florida and sleeping my trip off.

The best vacations are the ones you need to take a vacation to recover from. That might be this one.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Boarding the plane to Raleigh right now, praying Delta doesn’t shatter my bring home bourbon bottles and for an Oiler victory.

Wearing my Uber lucky Iron Maiden T already just to get the good vibes started.

Some southern bbq is on the menu for tonight and soup or stu for tomorrow!

Let’s f***in GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
My brother drove down from Toronto to take in Game 5, I can only imagine how awesome that was. There's a lot of fun to be had in enemy rinks... within reason, of course. I'm definitely wary about wearing Oiler colours in certain arenas (LA, Calgary)

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Just the one. Went to Kentucky first for 2 days of bourbon tours. Just got back from a fantastic beer hall, 350+ beers on tap, great burgers and wings and deep fried pretzels if you can believe it!

Flying back home Friday!

Man another hurricane hitting the maritimes! Stay safe!
What's bourbon tours?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Thanks! Not a bb guy at all I’m afraid but love new live experiences so I’m sure it would be fun to see one of those games live!

I’ll hopefully be comfortably at home by the weekend watching the Oilers v Florida and sleeping my trip off.

The best vacations are the ones you need to take a vacation to recover from. That might be this one.

Enjoy and sounds like you might need to declare your liver at customs as carry on baggage. ;)

Appreciate your POV about basketball. I can't watch NBA anymore but love college basketball. Seeing a game at Duke is something I hope to do one day. Pretty epic experience!

I think the Oil will win for you tonight!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My brother drove down from Toronto to take in Game 5, I can only imagine how awesome that was. There's a lot of fun to be had in enemy rinks... within reason, of course. I'm definitely wary about wearing Oiler colours in certain arenas (LA, Calgary)

Your brother must have had a blast. So easy to get to other rinks from Toronto whereas it’s usually a day long flight there and back from Oil Country.

Been to almost every enemy rink in the league wearing Oilers colors and only ever had issues in Colorado where Mrs5 and I left after the 2nd period. Oilers were losing 6-1 or something like that anyway but a few drunks near us were getting pretty vicious and threatening. Normally it’s a lot of good natured ribbing back and forth. This was getting a bit concerning so we bailed.

Rule is don’t be an asshat Oiler fan and their fans won’t be asshats back.

Did have a Caps fan once challenge me to a fight post game outside the arena when I was minding my own business walking across the street back to our hotel but I just ignored him and kept walking. Otherwise it’s been great fun!

PS - been to the LA rink lots. Never had any problems!!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What's bourbon tours?

It’s like the winery tours and tastings in Napa and Sonoma valleys or the Okanogan. Tour the distillery, they have samples to try and some great gift shops where you can buy distillery only bourbons. I love these tours where you go behind the scenes. Very interesting and I find it fascinating how they create various beers, wines and spirits. Meet some fun and interesting people along the way as well.

Sadly we can only bring 2 bottles home each but my buddy decided he wasn’t going to bring any back so I got 4 bottles you can’t get at home (or anywhere for that matter) mostly for some bourbon / whisky afficianados as Christmas gifts.

B3E2CA43-4C9A-4891-AAC1-82177F138E72.jpeg

B9FA6E48-D350-4A0E-AD27-96C7EE409C65.jpeg

0E753527-B5F6-4D5A-AAEC-305206A71BC2.jpeg

0F6F451C-5E90-4A84-AE74-03161EC449D7.jpeg

A7039968-B2A1-4D8F-8611-1CA4A70C698A.jpeg

1ADAB66D-03FD-415D-B48C-CDFB468C411D.jpeg

3AC32025-0FD0-4B8A-9D62-F387B49501C5.jpeg

0198B6D2-104A-469E-8112-0883503BE8B9.jpeg

91237073-E6E2-45A2-A649-F6E042BEF800.jpeg

8DD96C07-5DFE-410C-8832-3E7D2E577C0F.jpeg

E31E5602-2883-4CCC-A7AD-633DA4BAB8F7.jpeg

77195FD8-2B98-499F-8148-B6B98A4826A9.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I have no idea what the roster is going to look like, but here's why I would like to see.

Nuge - McDavid - Holloway
Hyman - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Foegele - McLeod - Yamamoto
Janmark - Ryan - Kostin
Shore

Give Puljujarvi and Holloway a look, see if they can make something of those spots.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Enjoy and sounds like you might need to declare your liver at customs as carry on baggage. ;)

Appreciate your POV about basketball. I can't watch NBA anymore but love college basketball. Seeing a game at Duke is something I hope to do one day. Pretty epic experience!

I think the Oil will win for you tonight!

Basketball yuck. Next to baseball my least favorite sport. Watching or playing.

• Wow
Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Just the one. Went to Kentucky first for 2 days of bourbon tours. Just got back from a fantastic beer hall, 350+ beers on tap, great burgers and wings and deep fried pretzels if you can believe it!

Flying back home Friday!

Man another hurricane hitting the maritimes! Stay safe!
350 beers on tap. I could spend a vacation in there ffs

Starting my new job tomorrow. Nervous as heck but looking forward to the game. And glad Evander will back in 3-4 months, that injury could have gone way worse.
went thru same thing last month, new job. Can be nerve racking

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I’m thinking go back to McDrai to finish the trip.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Yams
Hyman-Nuge-Puljujarvi
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Janmark-Holloway-Kostin

Yah, yah…I know, don’t do McDrai, one line team…yada yada…

Worth a try. Yamamoto just needs to not be in the way, and hunt the puck.
That 4th line looks interresting.
Dont have to high expectations on the new AHL guys. Remember, if they where savors, they would play up here since day 1.

Draisaitl McDavid Kostin
Hyman Nuge Pulj
Järnmark MacLeod Fogele
Holloway Ryan Yamamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad