Confirmed with Link: Oilers have signed Slater Koekkoek

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The first 40 games I agree, looked like he might be, the last 40 though ouch he looked bad.
Dude... this has to be trolling or something. Your analysis is so wrong it’s laughable. This is as bad as McGuire saying Price is bad for Montreal lol

Reactions: MessierII

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
7300deef5154b1e31ef6ccafec4df16f.png

He killed it in regards to possession numbers last year.

Highest chances for and lowest chances against on the Hawks.
I'm sure it was against butter-soft competition but still a good sign

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Nurse
Barrie
Bear
Larsson
Jones
Russell
Koekkoek
Laggesson
Bouchard
Lennstrom

Looks like this is our depth chart? Great competition for no.6 spot.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
We'll see

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekeok - Barrie

To start the season.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Lol Bear was our best Dman vs Chicago.
Let's be realistic. Bear was exposed during the play ins and that's not terrible. We have a good reference to scale the player's abilities along with the regular season. Both Klefbom and Larsson were injured in the play ins and Larson only played 2 games so Bear was put to the test. Bear was game but he is undersized and still putting it all together.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I know nothing about this player.

Stay at home type?

Looks like a mediocre at best AHLer that can potentially stay afloat in a bottom pairing role at the nhl level.

Does he have injury problems?

Last year his best year. A 26 year old hopefully entering his peak year? Or just an AHL signing and call up when the 80 or so guys we have ahead of him get injured?

did a pretty good job against us with Hawks in a shutdown role

Reactions: Aerchon

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
When Larsson got injured and Bear had to handle the heavy minutes against Chicago he faltered. Chicago targeted Bear with the Toews line and made him look bad.

Bear faltered the last 30 games of the season, so it wasnt surprising to be honest.

Hes the type of player to have a poor sophmore season. You add insurance for just that fact.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I don’t think the fans could handle that level of pure manliness:

140899878.jpg

As for the ahem signing, I don’t love it but don’t hate it. Wanted Hamonic, Greene, or Hutton instead, though he’s shown flashes of being a capable #4/5 so we’ll see.

A fair bit of talk of a trade for a d-man or cap space for a d-man. Might not be the last signing.

Reactions: Broberg Speed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad