GDT: Oilers @ Habs - Noon - Feb 6 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I was blowing so much air up Yakupov's ass these last few seasons.. Finally realizing he is a lost cause. Can not figure out how to play hockey in the NHL

I'm a big fan of him, but unless he's able to play with McDavid, the chances of him doing much with Letestu is literally difficult.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid has been pretty quiet. Not his best game but he's had some flashes. His linemates are playing terrible like the entire team.

Night out on the town last night or what?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Yakupov won't do **** in the bottom 6. Its already obvious. Unless he gets played with a C that can feed him the puck, he's not doing anything else.

He only scored 2 with McDavid. A generational talent. Think it's safe to say his struggles have nothing to do with his line mates, ice time, or opportunities. It's all on him and he is drowning.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
McDavid has been pretty quiet. Not his best game but he's had some flashes. His linemates are playing terrible like the entire team.

He's getting shut down hard by Subban. His linemates aren't exactly helping.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I'm a big fan of him, but unless he's able to play with McDavid, the chances of him doing much with Letestu is literally difficult.

I love Yak, but at this point I just don't care any more. I'm tired of losing, and if trading Yak helps the team, so be it.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He only scored 2 with McDavid. A generational talent. Think it's safe to say his struggles have nothing to do with his line mates, ice time, or opportunities. It's all on him and he is drowning.

2 is still better than 0 as a bottom 6 player with Letestu unfortunately. Like I said, putting him in a checking bottom 6 role isn't going to help him or the team. Either play him with McDavid or trade him.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
McDavid creating chances by himself.

I was pessimistic at the start of the year and even as recently as his return against CBJ, but the kid is legit.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

I've never seen the oilers play well in an afternoon game. Correct me if I'm wrong I don't remember us winning any in 5-6 years as far back as I can remember those kinds of details.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
2 is still better than 0 as a bottom 6 player with Letestu unfortunately. Like I said, putting him in a checking bottom 6 role isn't going to help him or the team. Either play him with McDavid or trade him.

Pretty much. Yak has never been good in a bottom-six role. It's just not his game. Either give him quality minutes or trade him. Pointless to have him playing with grinders.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I was blowing so much air up Yakupov's ass these last few seasons.. Finally realizing he is a lost cause. Can not figure out how to play hockey in the NHL

I was mentioning in the last game that maybe we have been all misinterpreting his over-exaggerated skating and stick-handling as someone that "tries hard" when really it's just how he does things.

Either way, comes back to the saying "all world talent, 10 cent brain"...and even then, saying he has all world talent is wrong

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Mcdavid set up eberle for a breakaway right at the start of the first. Set him up on another slot chance. Nurse whiffed on his pass that lead to a goal. He has been kind of invisible but he has created chances. Subban is on him like white on rice

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hall -2
Leon D -2

release those two as well?

Yakupov was on for the 5th goal

way to ignore the top 6 again

Pretty much everyone except maybe McDavid have been garbage this game. Hall and Leon bring way too much to the table.

Schultz is objectively one of the worst defenceman in the league. Fayne is terrible. Yakupov has zero hockey IQ. There are parts of his game that I like, but man Yakupov does not see the game the way a #1 pick should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad