Proposal: Oilers/Flyers

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Saw a plethora of young talented D for Oilers (Bouchard, Broberg, etc), saw an Oilers need, offered a talented player that needs a change of scenery and could play same role as player he's replacing plus a B+ goal scoring winger prospect- another Oilers need, plus a quality middle six winger (another Oilers need) on a contract that would fit within their cap.

Good try.

Broberg is likely not going to be an effective player for awhile. Bouchard again is doing great in the AHL but again the AHL likely doesn't play for until next year ignoring injury and Klefbom is a LHD Bouchard is RHD so we would need Broberg to develop quickly to make up for the loss of Klefbom.

Yeah we need a middle six winger. A trade for that is going to be around draft picks or a prospect but not our best DMan at least (who is very cost controlled which we need).

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Saw a plethora of young talented D for Oilers (Bouchard, Broberg, etc), saw an Oilers need, offered a talented player that needs a change of scenery and could play same role as player he's replacing plus a B+ goal scoring winger prospect- another Oilers need, plus a quality middle six winger (another Oilers need) on a contract that would fit within their cap.

Good try.

Ghost can’t replace Klefa, that winger prospect is pretty darn mediocre, and you offered a 4th liner as the sweetener.

Would you accept Larsson, Chiasson, and Maksimov for Provorov? If no, there’s your answer

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Oilers say bleep no. Flyers lose Myers at expansion draft and lose 1 year from now. But other than that wonderful trade proposal.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I remember in the Polls section years ago Flyer fans getting very upset with me when i said Nurse was a better asset. Shocking to see the 180 this fan base has done on him after how belligerent they got. It's almost as if they were overrating him...

Skizwald

Feb 1, 2016
Philadelphia
I remember in the Polls section years ago Flyer fans getting very upset with me when i said Nurse was a better asset. Shocking to see the 180 this fan base has done on him after how belligerent they got. It's almost as if they were overrating him...

Maybe, just maybe, it's as if value changes over time. 2 years ago Ghost played like a top line D. At that point he was worth significantly more than Nurse. Injuries, not meshing with coaching, and deployment have lowered his value.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Maybe, just maybe, it's as if value changes over time. 2 years ago Ghost played like a top line D. At that point he was worth significantly more than Nurse. Injuries, not meshing with coaching, and deployment have lowered his value.

No the big change was Nurse becoming the guy he was drafted to be. I said it at the time Nurse has way more upside, he scored really well in juniors and was a big, fast, mean guy who could play big minutes. I was in no way disparaging a good young offensive D but guys like Nurse do more and teams/coaches know it. I'm confident he was likely only more valuable on HFboards, i didn't make a shocking prediction given he was a top 10 pick. In fairness you're correct in saying Ghost has lowered his value more than anyone expected but at this point nobody expects him to be better at any point of the game aside from PP than Nurse is. It's because Nurse has more tools. I'm not trying to be a dick but i think it's funny given all the venom i got at the time. I think Ghost could still be a really valuable player, he's got a great offensive game, I'm just not sure he can be effective and durable enough to defend big minutes against top players and that limits his usage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad