GDT: Oilers @ Flames 7:00PM MT (streaming on https://www.nhl.com/flames)

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Huberdeau’s vision is unmatched in the NHL. The passes he consistently makes is a sight to watch. The extra dimension he is gonna bring to this team is going to be such a boon to our power play and team, to go along with his strength and leadership.

Reactions: Mitts

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
What if I told you we spent 2 firsts, a second, a 4th and Emil Heinemen to upgrade Sean Monahan to Tyler Toffoli?

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I can already tell I am going to quite enjoy watching Kadri shiftily cut his way into the zone. Great edges to delay, cut in, or generally shake checks and create more space. Combined with (imo) a lot of creativity I don't think a point pre game season is out of the question again.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
This interview with Stone kind of change my perception of him, or at least it presented a point of view you don't think about much when you watch players trying out even though you know there is stress, when a guy says that he feels stress all the time, I can empathize with that.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
While that PP went 0/3; I really liked what it was generating.
This team might start off sort of mid-tier good, but by the second month or third month of the season, once they get clicking, it's going to be a great team. That PP might end up being better than last season, in a top 10 finish.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Just watched the highlights and one of them was the most muffinly muffin from Coleman in the slot. Yikes.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Is it just me and my imagination or is Stone shooting lot more these past couple of seasons and his shot is more deadly?

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Better than Gaudreau's?
Gaudreau was more of a creator. He opened up space with his speed and agility. Great at getting the zone. He did have great vision.

Huberdeau is more like a Draisatl or Thornton. World class vision. He won't gain the zone or drive possession like Gaudreau can. But in the offensive zone he's much better IMO.

Reactions: Mitts and BRobMint

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Is it just me and my imagination or is Stone shooting lot more these past couple of seasons and his shot is more deadly?
He is. Probably because he doesn't play music so when he gets the chance he wants to blast it

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Say what you want about Stone, he has a bomb that can get through traffic and he can produce. That's valuable for any team in the league
He does, and always has throughout his career. This was one of the reasons I was so stoked when we acquired him initially from Phoenix many moons ago. I hope that he has a little bit of a renaissance in the twilight of his career, it would be amazing to see.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Say what you want about Stone, he has a bomb that can get through traffic and he can produce. That's valuable for any team in the league

Call me old fashioned I still like a dude back there with a ballistic missile on the powerplay. Phaneuf, Babchuk, MacInnis, Aucoin, Wideman, even Hamilton could rip it pretty well. Even if you don't score give those PKers some bruises to take home. Maybe that explains some disdain I had for Bouwmeester, always with the limp wrister.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitts and Mobiandi

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Call me old fashioned I still like a dude back there with a ballistic missile on the powerplay. Phaneuf, Babchuk, MacInnis, Aucoin, Wideman, even Hamilton could rip it pretty well. Even if you don't score give those PKers some bruises to take home. Maybe that explains some disdain I always had for Bouwmeester, always with the limp wrister.

Because it’s not very effective. The wrister has a better chance at getting on net. It’s what made giordano so effective in his prime on the pp.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Just watched the highlights and one of them was the most muffinly muffin from Coleman in the slot. Yikes.
Dare I say Coleman's never gonna be a + shooter. You'd think a guy would learn to rip into a shot at least a little but for a volume shooter with tenacity, he really can't put any meat on that thing. Kinda of similar to Backlund where they could really take their game to another level with an above average shot to compliment the package they have going on.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Because it’s not very effective. The wrister has a better chance at getting on net. It’s what made giordano so effective in his prime on the pp.

I'm not anti wrister. Different situations call for different shots. Weegar had a great aggressive walk into it in the slot wrister for the 3rd goal of this game, because that was the correct choice. Giordano would uncork a high and hard one timer from time to time as well(sometimes too much). What made him effective was his good decision making. What makes players like Fox, Josi, and Makar ELITE is their decision making paired with their creativity.

Stone in 2 preseason, 11 RS ,and 9 PO games has 6 goals now. Our "PPQB" who had the most PP time of any Flames defenseman last year had 4G in 82. Which of those totals looks more effective. I realize the Flames PP last season was decent as far as rank goes but your main man on defense has to do better than 2 measly PP goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad