GDT: Oilers @ Flames 7:00PM MT (streaming on https://www.nhl.com/flames)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames have released their game group for tonight's match-up against the Edmonton Oilers.
Puck drop is set for 7:00 PM MT, with CalgaryFlames.com and the Flames' app streaming the pre-season tilt for Canadian viewers.

Forwards​

10 - Jonathan Huberdeau
11 - Mikael Backlund
17 - Milan Lucic
20 - Blake Coleman
21 - Kevin Rooney
22 - Trevor Lewis
28 - Elias Lindholm
38 - Brett Sutter
61 - Clark Bishop
73 - Tyler Toffoli
75 - Mitch McLain
88 - Andrew Mangiapane
91 - Nazem Kadri

Defencemen​

4 - Rasmus Andersson
8 - Christopher Tanev
16 - Nikita Zadorov
26 - Michael Stone
52 - MacKenzie Weegar
55 - Noah Hanifin
72 - Jeremie Poirier
98 - Ilya Solovyov

Goaltenders​

25 - Jacob Markstrom
32 - Dustin Wolf

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is Brett running drills for his dad or is he actually vying for a spot.
At the beginning I thought he must have been brought in to keep Valimaki honest.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The 2022-23 Flames Revenge Tour starts tonight

Is Brett running drills for his dad or is he actually vying for a spot.
At the beginning I thought he must have been brought in to keep Valimaki honest.

probably on NARC duty for when Darryl isn't in the room

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
The Flames have released their game group for tonight's match-up against the Edmonton Oilers.
Puck drop is set for 7:00 PM MT, with CalgaryFlames.com and the Flames' app streaming the pre-season tilt for Canadian viewers.

Forwards​

10 - Jonathan Huberdeau
11 - Mikael Backlund
17 - Milan Lucic
20 - Blake Coleman
21 - Kevin Rooney
22 - Trevor Lewis
28 - Elias Lindholm
38 - Brett Sutter
61 - Clark Bishop
73 - Tyler Toffoli
75 - Mitch McLain
88 - Andrew Mangiapane
91 - Nazem Kadri

Defencemen​

4 - Rasmus Andersson
8 - Christopher Tanev
16 - Nikita Zadorov
26 - Michael Stone
52 - MacKenzie Weegar
55 - Noah Hanifin
72 - Jeremie Poirier
98 - Ilya Solovyov

Goaltenders​

25 - Jacob Markstrom
32 - Dustin Wolf

Weegar hat trick incoming.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
No lineups listed yet but I'm guessing:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Kadri-Coleman
Lucic-Backlund-Lewis
Bishop-Rooney-McLain

Hanifin-Andersson
Weegar-Tanev
Zadorov-Stone

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Mason Raymond is signing autographs on the concourse folks... This is your chance to finally get that hockey card autographed.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Mason Raymond is signing autographs on the concourse folks... This is your chance to finally get that hockey card autographed.

I already have his autograph.

Well that's only partly true. He signed something for me once. I don't know what it was or where I put it.

Truly a memorable day. I still never think about it sometimes.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

That third line :baghead:

Weegar with Zadorov suggests Tanev will be paired with Kylington again whenever the latter comes back

Markstrom starting so 8-5 Oilers win

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

That third line :baghead:

Weegar with Zadorov suggests Tanev will be paired with Kylington again whenever the latter comes back

Markstrom starting so 8-5 Oilers win

I don't think those line combinations are close to being right.
Mangiapane and Tanev aren't even listed and I would be really surprised to see Backlund on the wing.

EDIT: And really surprised I am. Looks like Mangiapane won't play tonight and Backlund could very well play the wing (Backlund has been there done that though)

Last edited:

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Mangiapane and Tanev are not playing tonight. No point in skating Kadri with the bums. Might as well let him rip around with two legit NHLer's in Backlund/Coleman.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Who is this Mitch McLain guy? Why is he getting chances over real prospects? Dude is not even a good AHLer based on stats

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Who is this Mitch McLain guy? Why is he getting chances over real prospects? Dude is not even a good AHLer based on stats

Yeah, not sure why Sutter and McLain are getting reps over guys like Kerins. AHL level deals should not take precedents over our prospects.

Reactions: DFF

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
They have to dress minimum 8 "veterans" per pre season game. They probably use the term loosely.

Reactions: DFF

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
They have to dress minimum 8 "veterans" per pre season game. They probably use the term loosely.

Who knows - but by the set standards neither Sutter nor McLain qualify as a veteran, and Calgary has more than enough of those in the lineup tonight as is.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah, not sure why Sutter and McLain are getting reps over guys like Kerins. AHL level deals should not take precedents over our prospects.
Kerins was never going to make the team. Who cares. The squad is split, the rookies are playing in games.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Kerins was never going to make the team. Who cares. The squad is split, the rookies are playing in games.

Kerins is a legitimate prospect for this organization. I'm sure he'd appreciate getting a little taste of "NHL action".

Who knows - he may very well be nicked up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad