Proposal: Oilers - Devils (Subban and Hall to EDM)

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not spending that much on Subban. He's looked quite sub par.

I think Subban would look wonderful as a 4D, would be a great add at that position. Not sure we can pay him 6 million to do that and still sign our prospects. That's money that we can't pay Nurse, and we need to pay Nurse because he's been a beast.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Lmfao no. Subban’s value is at all all-time low even with 3m retained. Don’t want Hall back and MM is meh.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
This does favor the Oilers but in fairness Pk is done. He's an average NHL dman now. Even at 3 million retained that's a crappy contract.
So how does it favour the Oilers then?? Take out Larsson and Subban and this looks like Broberg and a 1st, even if you discount Russel who is actually a serviceable defenseman, for Hall as a rental. There is no way the Oilers do this.

Last edited:

Jumbo74

Dec 4, 2019
Fallston, MD
To be a fair to the OP any team that offers n over the top deal for an UFA of Hall and a shell of a player in Subban it out of there minds. I really think the Devils know this at this point and are just trying to mix things up and attempting to get the best they can get.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
No interest at all in Subban. Overpaid declining asset. Even with 3 million retained.

Hall is a UFA that will command 10+ million in salary which the Oilers can't pay and still address needs for next season.

Pass.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
To Oilers:
Taylor Hall (3 million retained - 3 million cap hit for EDM)
PK Subban (3 million retained - 6 million cap hit for EDM)
Mirco Mueller

To New Jersey:
Adam Larsson
Sam Gagner
Kris Russell
Philip Broberg
2020 1st round pick

r u you a devils fans? or did you just get that avatar to screw with people

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
The people saying this favours Jersey don't have a clue about a damn thing lmao. Edmonton says no and doesn't even return Shero's calls. A declining subban for another 3 years at $6m when we have up and coming offensive d-men in the system + a rental for Broberg, Larsson and a 1st? And you actually think NJ is going to get more for Hall while getting to dump Subban.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Subban might be overpayed, but he's far from terrible.
No, he's been pretty terrible this year. It's still early and a coaching change might change his performance, but he's been terrible.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Confusing trade. Why is Mueller even in it?

Edmonton says no pretty easily. We're not in a win-now mode, so taking on Subban--even at $6m--at the cost of some significant futures makes no sense.

Can we have Zacha now though? Please.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The Devils get a great return for Hall in Broberg+1st and then turn their mammoth cap dump into multiple shorter, more manageable contracts.

You haven't been paying attention to Subban if you think this favours the Oilers.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
No, he's been pretty terrible this year. It's still early and a coaching change might change his performance, but he's been terrible.

This year, yes he has. Kinda hard to pinpoint the exact reason though, as I have not watched any Devils games this season.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
For those crapping all over Subban, it was just two seasons ago he had 59 points in 82 games. Also, last season, he was .5 PPG .

Sure, he's having a rough year, but I'm confident he'll pick it back up.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
For those crapping all over Subban, it was just two seasons ago he had 59 points in 82 games. Also, last season, he was .5 PPG .

Sure, he's having a rough year, but I'm confident he'll pick it back up.
Than you can offer some insane package for him. The guy has easily been one of the catalysts for the Devils horrible season. His defending is MAB level and his offense has compeletely disappeared.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Than you can offer some insane package for him. The guy has easily been one of the catalysts for the Devils horrible season. His defending is MAB level and his offense has compeletely disappeared.

Did you even read any of my posts ? I agreed that he is having a bad season. A very bad one at that. But he's not "done" as some people make him out to be .

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
To Oilers:
Taylor Hall (3 million retained - 3 million cap hit for EDM)
PK Subban (3 million retained - 6 million cap hit for EDM)
Mirco Mueller

To New Jersey:
Adam Larsson
Sam Gagner
Kris Russell
Philip Broberg
2020 1st round pick
Can you just stop?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad