Proposal: Oilers - Devils (Subban and Hall to EDM)

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Devils get shafted AND retain 3 mil on Subban for 3 more years? Broberg will be good but they're going to be paying a lot of money to guys that won't help them, and that 1st rounder will be a late one

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Are we extending Hall first?

Maybe I'm just a homer but I'm not moving Broberg and a 1st for a pending UFA and Subban's dead decaying husk.

EDIT: Kind of an afterthought but there is also a roadblock of Russell having a NMC(Thanks Chia!) that he won't waive.

Last edited:

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
Yeah that's a big no from me, Oilers are far from ready to be giving picks and prospects and definitely not for a upcoming UFA and shell of a former Norris winner.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Yeah that's a big no from me, Oilers are far from ready to be giving picks and prospects and definitely not for a upcoming UFA and shell of a former Norris winner.

Yeah, the Oilers aren't in a position to make that kind of deal.

nzoilerfan

May 18, 2011
Don't think Holland would be interested in a deal like this. Can't afford Subban AND Hall. And would screw up the expansion draft plans for the oilers.

PK Subban is a a fast diminishing asset a with how his play has been. How many poeple want to give up significant assets for a 9m cap hit that gets you 5pts in 23 games....

Some team like Colorado will load up and win the bidding for Taylor Hall. And Subban is maybe moved for another defender needing a change of scenery.

Oilers maybe add a 3C via unloading a defender and look more to next season to make more waves.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
lmao a signed Hall isn't even apart of the deal. Get real. Subban is a train wreck and NJ fans actually think they'll be able to get more for him than what they gave up after his horrible start to the year.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
lmao a signed Hall isn't even apart of the deal. Get real. Subban is a train wreck and NJ fans actually think they'll be able to get more for him than what they gave up after his horrible start to the year.

please do not lump this particular OP in with all NJD fans. We have told him time and time again that he doesn't really ever come up with fair trade proposals.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
How on earth did a Devils fan make this lopsided proposal favouring the Oilers????
I'm not sure I see a deal that really favors Edmonton here, especially going forward.
UFA Hall
and Subban...

Top Prospect, 1st, and top 4. D-man. Seems about right.

I'm not sure Subban's value at the cap hit is anywhere near value for the Oilers to bring back more than what's already included for Hall.

The rest of the pieces seem useless and are there for cap purposes so you can toy around with that.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think Nurse, Klefblom and the Nuge would have to be included in a deal for Hall and Subban to the Oilers.

because f*** our D corps, right?

no, that’s not happening. Kris Russell, first pairing defenceman, is not happening . All things considered Klefbom is much more valuable than Subban is.

as for OP, pass from Edmonton. The days of us pining for Subban are long gone, he’s all yours. Hall - sure let’s talk. Subban even 3 mil retained I want no part of.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad