Prospect Info: Oilers Development Camp 2014

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
That's a good point. But if Nurse is clearly on the cusp of NHL ready why not give him a month or two with the team. Play a few NHL games, get a nice paycheque before going back to the CHL where he can use the new skills and continue to build on what the NHL staff tell him he needs to work on.

Where do you slot him in, though? It's not like we necessarily have a plug (yet) on D. Our two new guys should be meshing with the team and finding their groove here, so you don't want them sitting for Nurse. You can't sit the captain so a prospect can get his 9 games. Petry gets dumped on a lot here, but he's a steady presence, and Marincin was one of our best defensemen last year. Schultz also needs to continue his development, he can't start the season sitting for 9 games. This is where he needs to start becoming a better defenseman.

Only way I see it is if someone gets injured during exhibitions/training camp, or if Marincin hasn't come prepared. Marincin could then start in the AHL, and whoever is playing better between him and Klef could replace Nurse after his 9.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Where do you slot him in, though? It's not like we necessarily have a plug (yet) on D. Our two new guys should be meshing with the team and finding their groove here, so you don't want them sitting for Nurse. You can't sit the captain so a prospect can get his 9 games. Petry gets dumped on a lot here, but he's a steady presence, and Marincin was one of our best defensemen last year. Schultz also needs to continue his development, he can't start the season sitting for 9 games. This is where he needs to start becoming a better defenseman.

Only way I see it is if someone gets injured during exhibitions/training camp, or if Marincin hasn't come prepared. Marincin could then start in the AHL, and whoever is playing better between him and Klef could replace Nurse after his 9.

I know last year was great for injuries for the team, but I'm still used to the idea of half of the roster being out with injuries at the same time.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I watched a good number of videos from the prospects at this orientation camp and I have to say, I really like the direction they've taken it. It's more fun and team building and less business and hard work. It's still professional and emphasizes the effort required, but they get to do it in the Rockies and then go see wildlife and do entertaining things.It seemed like the prospects really enjoyed themselves and took some lifetime memories away from it.

Well done Oilers. :handclap:

oilman9482

Jun 21, 2010
Ontario
I watched a good number of videos from the prospects at this orientation camp and I have to say, I really like the direction they've taken it. It's more fun and team building and less business and hard work. It's still professional and emphasizes the effort required, but they get to do it in the Rockies and then go see wildlife and do entertaining things.It seemed like the prospects really enjoyed themselves and took some lifetime memories away from it.

I like the sounds of this. It sounds wonderful. Thanks for posting. I'm already looking forward to training camp in September.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

But the mainboards said its hilarious and such a joke!! :sarcasm:

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Become a winning team again and it won't matter if the Oilers send their prospects to Chuck E Cheese for training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad