GDT: Oilers@Blackhawks - 7:30PM - Shenanigans

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Yikes. Strange lines indeed. One stacked super elite line; a third line; and two fourth (arguable 1 AHL line).

Really don't understand why they wouldn't roll Holloway on second line. Size, skill and puck hunting game to roll alongside Nugent Hopkins and Puljujarvi. Stabilize the third line with Janmark-Shore-Ryan. Onboard Benson with Malone-Hamblin.

I remember the days when some posters bitched about Draisaitl being 'saddled' with poor wingers. Can't overlook it's usually the sacrificial Nuge (lol) who most often draws the rotating wingers of meh when this team's rotating coaches opt for Nuclear Option.

Think Woodcroft could have been a bit more bold against Chicago.
Reminds me of not playing Bouchard in that CDN division, even against garbage teams.

Will it hurt to throw Holloway on line 2? He protects the puck better than JP, that's for sure.

Ahh Chris Lee. Should be interesting on the penalty calls. Will CHi get more or less than 10 PP's? Tune in to find out.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah it’s a bit of a head scratcher. Given the rash of injuries and upcoming condensed schedule against somewhat weaker opponents I wouldn‘t of minded them injecting some youthful energy and giving Bourgault a cup of coffee for a few games. Put the kids on separate lines in the top 6 and either keep the mcDrai nuke on line 1 or split them up.

Drai - McD - Bourg/Holloway
Hyman - RNH - Bourg/ Holloway
Janmark - Ryan - Jesse
Benson - Shore - Hamblin

or

RNH - McD - Bourg/Holloway
Hyman - Drai - Bourg/Holloway
I think this staff needs to figure out Holloway. He got a slight bump to 9 min and PP time against Florida. Coming off his Rangers beauty first goal have to believe this is a good situation and stretch to let him off the leash a bit with more opportunity. Fact this staff can't figure out Holloway I think Bourgault is best served finding his pro game in Bakersfield, maybe earning an NHL look in the New Year.

Benson's only got three games in this year following the injury. Would make more sense to onboard him on fourth line imo. But we've seen Woodcroft go blender a fair bit in game so perhaps where players start the game won't be where they play or finish.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Out of curiosity, who do we actually like as referees. I often hear the ones we hate, but are there any that we generally like?

The ones from the Rangers game are usually pretty good. Jean Hebert is one of them.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
NHL reffing

my-favorite-movie

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Keep the streak going boys!

Another late start. Still haven't recovered from Monday's game.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Saw this posted in Hawks GDT.

'
Oilers' first 7 seasons after drafting McDavid #1
4 playoff appearances
1 conference final appearance
0 Stanley Cups

Hawks' first 7 seasons after drafting Kane #1
6 playoff appearances
4 conference final appearances
2 Stanley Cups

'
I hate to say it but I really don't think a Cup is in the cards with this group unless we win one in the next two years.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Saw this posted in Hawks GDT.

'
Oilers' first 7 seasons after drafting McDavid #1
4 playoff appearances
1 conference final appearance
0 Stanley Cups

Hawks' first 7 seasons after drafting Kane #1
6 playoff appearances
4 conference final appearances
2 Stanley Cups

'
I hate to say it but I really don't think a Cup is in the cards with this group unless we win one in the next two years.

Yeah, context kind of matters. They had a real live GM instead of the muppet Chiarelli who sewered the team immediately after and set them back for years. It’s a miracle that they’ve made the WCF, all things considered.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Yeah, context kind of matters. They had a real live GM instead of the muppet Chiarelli who sewered the team immediately after and set them back for years. It’s a miracle that they’ve made the WCF, all things considered.

there were tons of people on here who celebrated Chiarelli and defended his trades. Some still do. How do you maintain faith in humanity?

Reactions: Oilhawks

OilerMcLord

Oct 9, 2003
Kudos to all of the Oilers fans here predicting a win. If I’ve learned anything from the Oilers over my years as a fan, it’s that they are notorious for losing games that they should win.

4-1 Hawks in a frustrating loss.😭

P.S. Oilers, please, PLEASE prove me wrong…🙏

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Why is the game so late?
It starts in the east.

Kudos to all of the Oilers fans here predicting a win. If I’ve learned anything from the Oilers over my years as a fan, it’s that they are notorious for losing games that they should win.

4-1 Hawks in a frustrating loss.😭

P.S. Oilers, please, PLEASE prove me wrong…🙏
Don’t jinx the win you goof.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad