GDT: Oilers@Blackhawks - 7:30PM - Shenanigans

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We do have 4 regulars out of the lineup up front so it’s not really a surprise the bottom 6 is a bit sketch.

Still though it’s frustrating that it’s guys like Shore and Malone and Hamblin who fill in and not genuine prospects pushing to make the team.

We don’t have anyone “knocking on the door” so to speak. It’s odd that Holloway hasn’t gotten any sort of elevation though with so many injuries. Scores a goal the other night and he’s demoted.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
8:30 start in Chitown. Pretty late for a weekday start. Didn’t think the league had games start times past 8:00 local.

If the games start late, then the hoodlums will be in bed by the time the game is over.

1669840289087.png

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We do have 4 regulars out of the lineup up front so it’s not really a surprise the bottom 6 is a bit sketch.

Still though it’s frustrating that it’s guys like Shore and Malone and Hamblin who fill in and not genuine prospects pushing to make the team.

We don’t have anyone “knocking on the door” so to speak. It’s odd that Holloway hasn’t gotten any sort of elevation though with so many injuries. Scores a goal the other night and he’s demoted.
I mean in theory Holloway should've been in the minors pushing his way up, so he would've been a prospect.

And while I get the sentiment you do have to realize we have quite a few drafted players already on the big club. It's really just guys from the past two drafts that haven't made an impact yet, but that's a bit early to expect.
8:30 start in Chitown. Pretty late for a weekday start. Didn’t think the league had games start times past 8:00 local.
I assume it's national doubleheader in the states. They did that with us and Pittsburgh last year or year before.

Reactions: bellagiobob

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
The lines show thou' that Nuge is the second most trustable player on the team. He can kind of carry players. Dont think härnmark Nuge pulju is scary, we will see.

And that Benson Shore Ryan line.. not as a 4th, as a 3rd..??

Holloway and Hamblin I guess gets easied in because of less experience.

Good for Benson though.
But the story is also defense
Will Broberg continue to grow into his role ?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The lines show thou' that Nuge is the second most trustable player on the team. He can kind of carry players. Dont think härnmark Nuge pulju is scary, we will see.

And that Benson Shore Ryan line.. not as a 4th, as a 3rd..??

Holloway and Hamblin I guess gets easied in because of less experience.

Good for Benson though.
But the story is also defense
Will Broberg continue to grow into his role ?
Ryan has had experience in a larger role, but I mean overall both lines aren't very good lol.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Not only 4 regulars but 4 regular top 9 skaters. Yikes.

"Directed by Kevin Smith"

Already a meh movie.
The other two True North movies were pretty weird and creative, though I can appreciate not for everyone.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Yikes. Strange lines indeed. One stacked super elite line; a third line; and two fourth (arguable 1 AHL line).

Really don't understand why they wouldn't roll Holloway on second line. Size, skill and puck hunting game to roll alongside Nugent Hopkins and Puljujarvi. Stabilize the third line with Janmark-Shore-Ryan. Onboard Benson with Malone-Hamblin.

I remember the days when some posters bitched about Draisaitl being 'saddled' with poor wingers. Can't overlook it's usually the sacrificial Nuge (lol) who most often draws the rotating wingers of meh when this team's rotating coaches opt for Nuclear Option.

Think Woodcroft could have been a bit more bold against Chicago.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
This feels like such a trap game. Coming off back-to-back wins against good teams, now facing a cold team that we should beat.

We need minimum 3/4 points over these next two games I think. Can't afford to fall back any further. The Kings keep getting loser points we could at least do the same and then some.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I mean in theory Holloway should've been in the minors pushing his way up, so he would've been a prospect.

And while I get the sentiment you do have to realize we have quite a few drafted players already on the big club. It's really just guys from the past two drafts that haven't made an impact yet, but that's a bit early to expect.

I assume it's national doubleheader in the states. They did that with us and Pittsburgh last year or year before.
Every Wednesday the past 6 weeks or so it seems like the Oilers have been one of the Wednesday Night Hockey In America games (Maybe not every week, just seems that way). They had a loss against LA, vs NYI it was a loss, a win against St Louis way back in October, I think was their only W in that period. Holland has given the USA an eyeful of a bad hockey team, when they are trying to showcase the worlds greatest player stateside. I would like nothing better than for them to absolutely thump Chicago tonight, but then again I have a lot of respect for Luke Richardson, a real good guy.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Yikes. Strange lines indeed. One stacked super elite line; a third line; and two fourth (arguable 1 AHL line).

Really don't understand why they wouldn't roll Holloway on second line. Size, skill and puck hunting game to roll alongside Nugent Hopkins and Puljujarvi. Stabilize the third line with Janmark-Shore-Ryan. Onboard Benson with Malone-Hamblin.

I remember the days when some posters bitched about Draisaitl being 'saddled' with poor wingers. Can't overlook it's usually the sacrificial Nuge (lol) who most often draws the rotating wingers of meh when this team's rotating coaches opt for Nuclear Option.

Think Woodcroft could have been a bit more bold against Chicago.

Yeah it’s a bit of a head scratcher. Given the rash of injuries and upcoming condensed schedule against somewhat weaker opponents I wouldn‘t of minded them injecting some youthful energy and giving Bourgault a cup of coffee for a few games. Put the kids on separate lines in the top 6 and either keep the mcDrai nuke on line 1 or split them up.

Drai - McD - Bourg/Holloway
Hyman - RNH - Bourg/ Holloway
Janmark - Ryan - Jesse
Benson - Shore - Hamblin

or

RNH - McD - Bourg/Holloway
Hyman - Drai - Bourg/Holloway

Reactions: SwedishFire

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What in the bloody hell is that lineup?

I haven't been paying much attention to line combos lately but that bottom 9 is decade of darkness-ish, maybe even worse and why are they continuing to screw with Holloway's development. Nothing will get accomplished playing with those plugs, just send him down already.

Reactions: Duke74

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Holloway-Malone-Hamblin should play more then Benson-Shore-Ryan.

I like Janmark-Nuge-Puljujarvi. Good defensively and hardworking.

Hamblin and Broberg both score tonight.

6-2 Edmonton
-Hamblin
-Broberg
-Janmark
-Bouchard
-Draisaitl
-McDavid

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What in the bloody hell is that lineup?

I haven't been paying much attention to line combos lately but that bottom 9 is decade of darkness-ish, maybe even worse and why are they continuing to screw with Holloway's development. Nothing will get accomplished playing with those plugs, just send him down already.

Note to every Oilers prospect from here on out: Don't pass the puck directly to the opposing team's star player 10 seconds into your first NHL shift.

It'll put you on the coach's shit list for a long time.

Reactions: Duke74

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Screenshot_20221130-155646.png

Chris Lee tonight. It couldn't be any worse than McIsuck. But it's not any better either. Halkidis is kind of a douche nozzle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad