Post-Game Talk: Oilers beat the odds and dominate the house

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not sure what part of the game I liked better. The goal scoring splurge or the absolute shit kicking we administered to their entire team later on.. Well, a tie then.
And so nice to see Stone whining about it in the post game. Don't worry Mark, your turn is coming for you to show the world how tough you are. In the meantime, if I was you, I'd stay out of the traffic areas for the sake of your back.:D

And all the writers were making such a big deal out of Mark Stone coming into the lineup. This is a track meet at times, and he's getting left behind. Just as he has in so many other times he's played against us.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Made the rare mistake of reading the main forums, apparently Kane is a career criminal and unrepentant domestic abuser who victimized that poor man. Had to check that I was indeed on hfboards and didn't accidently stumble onto the reddit NHL boards.

Fun game, looking forward to seeing how this plays out on home ice, especially with things starting to get chippy.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Not sure what part of the game I liked better. The goal scoring splurge or the absolute shit kicking we administered to their entire team later on.. Well, a tie then.
And so nice to see Stone whining about it in the post game. Don't worry Mark, your turn is coming for you to show the world how tough you are. In the meantime, if I was you, I'd stay out of the traffic areas for the sake of your back.:D

And all the writers were making such a big deal out of Mark Stone coming into the lineup. This is a track meet at times, and he's getting left behind. Just as he has in so many other times he's played against us.
Anyone got the interview with Kane? Gotta see that
Fuk around and find out. I love it. We can’t be pushed around
Kane
Nurse
Kostin
3 tough fellas there

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That was just an excellent response from the Oilers. Basically got to cruise control through 40 minutes after absolutely doming them in the first. Came out using our speed and relentless puck pursuit which Vegas couldn't handle, complete opposite of game one where we weren't moving our feet. I think the Oil were still kind of stuck in the LA series where there didn't need to show urgency against the trap, and they started to snap out of that in the 3rd period of game 1.

If the Oilers secondary scoring (Hyman, Nuge, Kane) starts potting some goals then Vegas is in trouble. Those players all played well in game 2, but usually you're looking at a goal most nights from those 3 players which the Oilers haven't got yet in these playoffs. Combine that with the top guys lighting it up and the tertiary scorers chipping in on a lot of nights, and you're looking at a team that is going to score 4-5 goals minimum. They would have had 8 or 9 tonight if they didn't take their foot off the gas after the first period.

Also loved them abusing Vegas physically when they started trying to get chippy. Not exactly a smart move by Vegas when their best forward is one hard hit or scrum away from aggravating his back and being out or useless for the rest of this.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kane
Nurse
Kostin
3 tough fellas there
Evander"Holyfield" Kane, Darnell "Richard Nurse - "beat his ass, son!" Nurse, and Klim Shady are not to be f***ed with.

1683496575522.png

Last edited:

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Holy smokes boys I never venture over to Calgary p but I got curious and wowww

Funny to see them mocking us when we’re actually in the playoffs with historic regular season and playoff performances by our best players.

Meanwhile since we beat them 4 times in a row last year they’ve lost their 2 best players, coach, GM and added some brutal boat anchor contracts that will make Lucic look like a discount in just a couple years.

We beat them so bad they basically have to rebuild their entire organization, their best guys f***ing RAN AWAY. Now they’re cheering for Vegas! Lol they’re gonna really lose it when we advance

Remember “WE WANT 10”? Yeah, I sure do. Those pretenders are wearing straight jackets now

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
On Kostin's second goal in Game 2 vs LA, Draisaitl should have been awarded an assist for stripping the King player of the puck. That's the one that jumps to mind.

Regarding McDavid, I'm not sure how he got the assist on Draisaitl's goal as Bouchard shot it and then Hyman tipped it to Draisaitl. Did it hit McDavid's stick after the point shot?

Anyways, points seem immaterial as long as we keep winning.
McDavid deflects the Bouchard shot.

So it goes Bouchard > McDavid > Hyman > Draisaitl.

And on the Kostin goal, Draisaitl never touches the puck there, he lifted the kings stick allowing Kostin to take it

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Kane
Nurse
Kostin
3 tough fellas there
Foegle is a big boy too and doesn’t shy away if needed. Heck even Drai is a big big man. Maybe doesn’t do the rough stuff but he isn’t scared.

And Ek throws a lot more little cross checks than I think we realize. He’s not Larsson but he’s no slouch in dishing out some pain.

We have some beefy boys out there. Let’s keep this train rolling.

Funny to see them mocking us when we’re actually in the playoffs with historic regular season and playoff performances by our best players.

Meanwhile since we beat them 4 times in a row last year they’ve lost their 2 best players, coach, GM and added some brutal boat anchor contracts that will make Lucic look like a discount in just a couple years.

We beat them so bad they basically have to rebuild their entire organization, their best guys f***ing RAN AWAY. Now they’re cheering for Vegas! Lol they’re gonna really lose it when we advance

Remember “WE WANT 10”? Yeah, I sure do. Those pretenders are wearing straight jackets now
Every once and awhile it’s fun to go venture in CP land.

Some delusional crazies in there. Like it’s often not even hockey talk. The weird tangents and oddball conclusions are sometimes jaw dropping.

Some folks in there need help. Like really.

We live rent free. Holy crap.

If the flames were in the playoffs right now and then oilers weren’t. Would I be cheering or watching them? Hell no. I’d generally just forget hockey and wait till fall. Jesus who cares. But yeah. Some weird folks in there that just obsess.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
McDavid deflects the Bouchard shot.

So it goes Bouchard > McDavid > Hyman > Draisaitl.

And on the Kostin goal, Draisaitl never touches the puck there, he lifted the kings stick allowing Kostin to take it
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Website doesn't work for me on my phone anymore - tragic.

What a fun game. I thought we'd bounce back in game 2 and we did in a big way. Hopefully we can carry this momentum back home and win those games as well.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
He's gonna have to give them a mental reset first.

Kane was in their heads completely for half the game. They basically stopped playing hockey when he was out there because they were too pre-occupied trying to give it to Kane.

Kane took Tkachuk and the other pretender fLames out of that series, could be the case again with these faux-tough guys

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

And yet when the Flames aren't playing the Oilers I have a soft spot for them, watch their games and cheer for them to win occasionally when they face clubs south of the border that wouldn't even have a fanbase if they faced the perils of the two Alberta teams... all Canadian teams.

Must have something to do with no Canadian team winning a Cup in what is quickly approaching three decades.

Who cares what some creeps say on a message board, that you have to intentionally reach out and search for... to even know these comments exist.

For every repugnant member on that board we have their doppelganger. Stop being controlled by a ridiculous narrative.

Reactions: ozhenson and AM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad