Post-Game Talk: Oilers beat the odds and dominate the house

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
in my experience its just a dumb thing to say although it sounds cool.

like "i call it like i see it" or "i shoot from the hip" or something...."im a real straight shooter"

"oh really....you must be a real f***ing sheriff then"
"Living the dream" is #1 on my list of "Things I hate hearing".

I think that's it. Pretty lonely list.

You know what's insane?

McDavid has 15 points in 8 games, literally identical pace to his regular season and Draisaitl is eclipsing him so hard that the perception is that he hasn't been very good.

Holy man.
And we're around to witness it :D.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
3042054.png

What a ugly f***ing dude with a weird ass shape of a head.
Tough guy trying to go after a kid in Broberg too.
Plug ass Carrier

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You know what's insane?

McDavid has 15 points in 8 games, literally identical pace to his regular season and Draisaitl is eclipsing him so hard that the perception is that he hasn't been very good.

Holy man.
In terms of pts its true but anybody McD sneezes he's awarded a pt or 2nd assist or something. Almost like the league figures he should be leading. Drai has had at least a couple assists taken away this playoffs. Drai has had way more than 4 assists, NHL just isn't granting them. Not sure whats up with that.

Just another thing that Drai has majority of pts EV. McD has majority of his pts on PP, and majority of his goals.

Whats even more impressive about Drai post season is that his production is so balanced. He's being the boss EV, and PP, he's driving vast majority of goals. Drai also +6 and McD even. Even though McD has constantly had better linemates.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
In terms of pts its true but anybody McD sneezes he's awarded a pt or 2nd assist or something. Almost like the league figures he should be leading. Drai has had at least a couple assists taken away this playoffs. Drai has had way more than 4 assists, NHL just isn't granting them. Not sure whats up with that.

Just another thing that Drai has majority of pts EV. McD has majority of his pts on PP, and majority of his goals.

Whats even more impressive about Drai post season is that his production is so balanced. He's being the boss EV, and PP, he's driving vast majority of goals. Drai also +6 and McD even. Even though McD has constantly had better linemates.
I'm sure you can find examples of this, or is this your usual schtick about how everyone is out to get Draisaitl.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ugly stat line. RNH has 1 EV pt this playoffs. While being -3. With balanced difficulty of minutes. I know people loved him getting over 100pts in regular season but there isn't any such player that has disappeared to this degree. he has 5pts on the basis of a legend PP. He doesn't have any goals.

HIs EV production/minute is close to worst in playoffs. Add that he's again bailing on some pucks, avoiding being hit, and that he's running high GA considering his usage.

He's exhibit A for not bringing it this post season. Fortunately others have double and triple downed for him

I'll even say that Yamamoto has been better than Nuge this playoffs and with a goal and two nice assists.

Its great that we are getting team results but frankly Nuge isn't contributing a lot to those either.

How does this guy vary so enormously in play? He's back to being a frustrating player.

I'm sure you can find examples of this, or is this your usual schtick about how everyone is out to get Draisaitl.
Not the only one noticing Drai has had assists removed this post season on plays that he should have had the assist on. Others have pointed it out as well. You think Drai only has 4 assists this post season? Really?

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
"Living the dream" is #1 on my list of "Things I hate hearing".

I think that's it. Pretty lonely list.

And we're around to witness it :D.

Livin the dream! It is what it is! *eats chips loudly with mouth open*

I went to check and felt like I walked into a looney bin....they are in full blown psychosis.
I can picture them all in their worn out Tkachuk and Johnny Hobbit jersey's, shitting in their hands and doing Poocaso paintings of Flames logos everywhere and of course throwing it at each other.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Idk that McDavid is getting a points push from the league.

But Draisaitl has been other worldly. It's nice that he's getting recognized, because a lot of the time he doesn't. I think that in a lot of ways he looks less impressive than many stars because of how cerebral and well rounded his game is. McDavid for example is hyper elite at just putting on the jets and just doing super unfair things that you can't defend against. But Draisaitl is just elite at everything and has the hockey IQ to pick up what the easiest available play is. Because of this a lot of the time Draisaitl looks like he just was given a gimme, but no one in the NHL is elite at everything so there is always something that Drai can just pick on and score a seemingly effortless goal on.

On the highlight reel that looks slightly less impressive. But it's an unreal talent and we're so lucky to have him.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Not the only one noticing Drai has had assists removed this post season on plays that he should have had the assist on. Others have pointed it out as well. You think Drai only has 4 assists this post season? Really?
On Kostin's second goal in Game 2 vs LA, Draisaitl should have been awarded an assist for stripping the King player of the puck. That's the one that jumps to mind.

Regarding McDavid, I'm not sure how he got the assist on Draisaitl's goal as Bouchard shot it and then Hyman tipped it to Draisaitl. Did it hit McDavid's stick after the point shot?

Anyways, points seem immaterial as long as we keep winning.

Reactions: Biltmore

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
On Kostin's second goal in Game 2 vs LA, Draisaitl should have been awarded an assist for stripping the King player of the puck. That's the one that jumps to mind.

Regarding McDavid, I'm not sure how he got the assist on Draisaitl's goal as Bouchard shot it and then Hyman tipped it to Draisaitl. Did it hit McDavid's stick after the point shot?

Anyways, points seem immaterial as long as we keep winning.

Drai was awarded an assist on that goal by the league, just not initially by the Staples Center staff.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Drai was awarded an assist on that goal by the league, just not initially by the Staples Center staff.
Really? It doesn't show up in his stat line. If you go back and look at the goal, it still says Kostin unassisted.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kane looks at the woman that gave him the finger last night.

1683494346705.png

I like Kane but I do hate the expression f*** around and find out

like now its ok to threaten people because it sounds ambiguous and catchy?
OMG, it's an intense playoff hockey game. How many times do think guys say "I'm gonna kill you" to another player during the course of a game or series. Take a chill pill and enjoy the win like everyone else.
Would you prefer he said something like "f*** with the bull, get the horns."?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad