Post-Game Talk: Oilers beat Rangers, 3-1. They played a complete game!

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
60 minutes! I can't remember the last time I saw that from the Oilers. A near flawless game! I can't believe I'm actually typing this.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Edmonton Oilers: Eastern Conference Champs

trophy_princeofwhaleslg.jpg

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Bring that 60 min consistency constantly, and I'll be happy. Yak just needs a goal, and I bet he'll be flying. Such an improvement from last year.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
As good as we were, we are still having trouble scoring. The score doesn't represent how badly we carried the play

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
That was, by far, their best game of the season. We'll finish no worse than .500 on this road trip as well. Played a complete game as well, and should have won by more, but rangers had some luck and great goaltending. Very good game. Enjoy it folks, these games only seem to happen once every twenty games or so.

Gambl0r83*

Watching through the Rangers feed, all they did was compliment the oilers and RNH the entire game.
Two games where they completely outclassed the opponents. Bravo

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Petition to move to Eastern Conference. All in favour say ayyyyyyyyyy

Ergot

Pinko
Oct 4, 2014
GVA
Wow, our top line played like a top line tonight. Solid efforts all around, especially from Fasth, who had his first truly excellent performance. Hoping to see more of the same against Nashville. 3/5 on a tough road trip and we'd be back on track.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Watched thew Rangers and Leafs last night was a end to end skating game. Knew Rangers would not have their legs tonight. Still good effort by the Oilers. Also I think Eakins is coming around a bit and stopping his playing favorites bs.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Loved Yak tonight.

Great game by Petry too.

He broke up a ton of plays at the blueline, skated the puck out five or six times and even joined the rush the odd time.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A completely satisfying win? So this is what it feels like?

Outside of a couple of gaffes, one by Nikitin and one by Petry late, this was a full 60 minute effort. Very high compete level and Nuge was dominant at both ends of the ice. He is night and day better than last season even if the point totals don't quite show it yet.

Also, props to Ference. He has been better as of late. Aulie hasn't looked like a total bum, has actually been solid.

I could live with this team if they keep competing like this. Fun win.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Petition to move to Eastern Conference. All in favour say ayyyyyyyyyy

+1

Oilers have had periods of dominance (almost none last year) this season... usually 40 mins MAX then chokefest. Nice to see a complete game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad