Post-Game Talk: Oilers beat a striped koala in Hollywood

Which was most appalling about tonight?

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I appreciate the reply. Will just add one more thing, then will leave it be. I question the sanity of anyone who thought there was anything more appalling than the refs or the Kings diving. Must be closet King's fans. ;)
Don’t worry, refs is still winning the poll by a wide margin ;)

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Don’t worry, refs is still winning the poll by a wide margin ;)
Should've been one about the Kings punking. I knew it was coming though, and specifically that Drai would be targeted. but Like I say Drai makes a target of himself for these things sometimes. Its weird. I mean he must know by engaging in attempts to hurt others that this is going to fall on him. Is he a masochist...:huh::monkey:

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Looks like things have moved on here and Bellagiobob did a good job of articulating my opinion so I've got nothing to add.

Excited for a Saturday night game at Rogers. Glad the team gets another shot at it after that overtime in game 5.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Should've been one about the Kings punking. I knew it was coming though, and specifically that Drai would be targeted. but Like I say Drai makes a target of himself for these things sometimes. Its weird. I mean he must know by engaging in attempts to hurt others that this is going to fall on him. Is he a masochist...:huh::monkey:
Arrogance is a double edged sword…

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Speaking of guys that used to be here. Whatever happened to OheyHemsky? I think it was him used to go to home games and leave detailed analysis on here. Cloned and drive would know the guy or possibly gal I have no clue. Lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Speaking of guys that used to be here. Whatever happened to OheyHemsky? I think it was him used to go to home games and leave detailed analysis on here. Cloned and drive would know the guy or possibly gal I have no clue. Lol
I was a Smyth person, not a Hemsky person, go figure. Give me the goals scored before the artistry. Function over form, heh I defended Smyth from a lot of criticism here because goal scoring is the object of hockey. Not making hilite reels.

Reactions: MessierII

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I was a Smyth person, not a Hemsky person, go figure. Give me the goals scored before the artistry. Function over form, heh I defended Smyth from a lot of criticism here because goal scoring is the object of hockey. Not making hilite reels.
Ironically, prime Hemsky would be a great winger for Draisaitl.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Arrogance is a double edged sword…
I forget the other word I used this week. Oh, Contempt. I think Drai has developed contempt for some nature of other players. Understandably when the other team in the province is the Calgary Flames I can see that kind of thing taking hold. I mean I call the Flames a buncha hillbillies so I can't talk...

Ironically, prime Hemsky would be a great winger for Draisaitl.
I was thinking more Smyth lol

Smyth didn't have "blinders on" heh

I think Guerin would be a nice one. A guy that can score on a shot from range as well as cycle.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I forget the other word I used this week. Oh, Contempt. I think Drai has developed contempt for some nature of other players. Understandably when the other team in the province is the Calgary Flames I can see that kind of thing taking hold. I mean I call the Flames a buncha hillbillies so I can't talk...

I think Guerin would be a nice one. A guy that can score on a shot from range as well as cycle.
It’s a tricky issue with Drai. Clearly that personality trait drives (no pun intended ;)) his game to a certain extent. It’s up to him to find that balance between being too undisciplined/overconfident and too passive/not assertive enough.

Actually now that I think about it his perfect winger is probably someone like Anson Carter. A guy with great speed that can score and pass adequately.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

Hemsky would be a perfect RW for McDavid. Like Eberle but more effective and not afraid on going to the dirty areas. I have no idea where people ever got the idea that Hemmer was soft.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Huge fan of both guys. Lost a lot of respect for Smyth for a bit but when he demanded a trade TO the Oilers all was forgiven. Hemmer got labeled as soft because he stopped going to the boards with guys like Regher and Boogard after they completely derailed his career. Guy was anything but soft IMO. Bled for the team the entire time he was here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hemsky would be a perfect RW for McDavid. Like Eberle but more effective and not afraid on going to the dirty areas. I have no idea where people ever got the idea that Hemmer was soft.
Hemsky wasn't soft. But he had a bad tendency to fly the net instead of just sticking around for gravy. His tendency wasn't to park around crease, or bang around the net, and thats where the vast majority of goals are scored.

Heres the dynamic. Those that are younger that NEVER saw the Oilers great would marvel at Hemskys Wizardry. Those of us that are older saw Gretz, Mess, Anderson, Kurri Coffey etc flying around. So for those posters Hemsky was never anything great. To me Hemsky was always going to be more art than scoring, and really his goal scoring was a bit underwhelming. I mean of course in relation to players like Smyth. Any older fan could respect Smyth because he was a throwback player that was greasy that lived around the net and you couldn't beat him away. An unsung player. You don't score over 400 goals in this league by accident.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Hemsky wasn't soft. But he had a bad tendency to fly the net instead of just sticking around for gravy. His tendency wasn't to park around crease, or bang around the net, and thats where the vast majority of goals are scored.

Heres the dynamic. Those that are younger that NEVER saw the Oilers great would marvel at Hemskys Wizardry. Those of us that are older saw Gretz, Mess, Anderson, Kurri Coffey etc flying around. So for those posters Hemsky was never anything great. To me Hemsky was always going to be more art than scoring, and really his goal scoring was a bit underwhelming. I mean of course in relation to players like Smyth. Any older fan could respect Smyth because he was a throwback player that was greasy that lived around the net and you couldn't beat him away. An unsung player. You don't score over 400 goals in this league by accident.
See to me Hemsky only started playing that way after Regher and Boogard broke his shoulders. In his prime in 06 which he hit too early he was always around the net. Smyth was an absolute beauty in his prime though that Smyth Weight Guerin line was magic. I missed the dynasty years by just a little bit remember the 90 win but missed the hey day. Those underdog teams were my teams.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

By the way I was a huge Smyth fan. I was at the retirement game that was a special night. I was also at the closing game at Rexall two of the best games I’ve ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad