Post-Game Talk: Oilers beat a striped koala in Hollywood

Which was most appalling about tonight?

• Total voters

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If the roles were reversed (Drai slew footing Anderson) that shit would be all over the mains. Instead, crickets.

10000%

There's a thread every time McDavid does something even moderately dirty only because it's McDavid. Best part is when the mouth breathers shout "FAVOURITISM!!!" while ignoring the fact that nobody would know that these "incidents" (if you can even call them that) even happened if it involved literally any other player in the NHL.

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Give me an example of what he did last night that was so bad! Won 83% of his face offs played the second most minutes of any forward. Shut down the Kopitar line most of the night was excellent on the pk. Is it the flubbed pass on the PP? Please tell me what he did that was so bad?
I thought he played decent, but I do recall beaking him a few times for very frustrating offensive plays/decisions. He's still very soft and it affects his offense and decision making in the o-zone in physical games. Didn't vote in the poll or feel the need to say anything until the posts acting like he had a perfect game.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Needs to do better. Hope he finally shows up tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]

You mean like Keith did yesterday Best dman on the nite don't you think?

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Well documented dislike? I said he was key to special teams and credit him whenever he makes a good offensive play. The problem is he doesn’t do it enough, and I’m not the only one that has that opinion.

As for bias, is it bias when I have the refs as a poll option? Probably, because I’m an Oilers fan. It doesn’t mean it’s a ridiculous thing to discuss. And it was discussed in the GDT, as was Nuge’s play. So it makes its way to the PGT, as is fair.

IMO anyways. Like I said multiple times, I’m willing to move on and agree to disagree. I’ll only re-engage if engaged.

If you want to drop it fine but I hope you put more thought into the polls if you do insist on creating them.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If you want to drop it fine but I hope you put more thought into the polls if you do insist on creating them.
I always welcome criticism of my polls as well. Clearly there is a polarized separation of opinion on this player. However, in my own biased perspective ;) , the poll has done its job if it manages to generate discussion of widely differing opinions.

I’m not sure why this discussion is viewed as a bad thing. It’s a GOOD thing that we can discuss these issues civilly, it means we’re not just a hive mind with one track opinions on everything.

I view these discussions as a good thing. You may disagree fervently with the opinions on the other side, and that’s a good thing too, because it means we can actually debate things instead of just repeating a singular opinion like CP tends to do.

I guess the question is this: do you disagree more with my opinion of the player, or on the concept of discussion/criticism of a player after a big win? I’ll be happy to debate you on both issues but if you disagree with the latter then that’s a fundamental difference of opinion.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I thought he played decent, but I do recall beaking him a few times for very frustrating offensive plays/decisions. He's still very soft and it affects his offense and decision making in the o-zone in physical games. Didn't vote in the poll or feel the need to say anything until the posts acting like he had a perfect game.
Did not have a perfect game I will agree but did not have a bad game by any stretch. This is the playoffs much harder to be offensive in the playoffs. The thing about that is different players become hot and cold series to series but as long as the end result is positive who cares who is doing what on the offensive side? Playoffs are way more about defensive zone plays and PK work two areas that he has been rather good at this series.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I disagree. And a not-insignificant percentage of posters voted for that option, so there’s definitely room for differing opinions here.

Big wins should not discourage discussion and debate.
First off I just wanted to say I wasn't trying to be a dick, I like you as a poster and 99.9% of the time have no issue with what you say. And I know you enjoy starting the PGT's, and that's great. But I think that comes with a little bit of responsibility to set the tone of discussion, and you usually do a good job of it. For me, in one of the biggest Oiler playoff wins in 16 years, if one of the first thoughts that come to ones mind is that one of our players play was appalling, then IMHO you've lost the script. No problem if someone wants to mention that so and so didn't have their best game somewhere in the thread, but personally I thought that level of negativity in the poll after that win was just in poor taste. I love coming here, and enjoy the banter, and TBH I didn't even look at the poll until the comments started coming in, but it seems we can't even have a moment to enjoy ourselves without negativity, like nothing is ever good enough. There was and always will be time to shit talk players, but thought the poll took away from the moment that we should have been celebrating the win.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
First off I just wanted to say I wasn't trying to be a dick, I like you as a poster and 99.9% have no issue with what you say. And I know you enjoy starting the PGT's, and that's great. But I think that comes with a little bit of responsibility to set the tone of discussion, and you usually do a good job of it. For me, in one of the biggest Oiler playoff wins in 16 years, if one of the first thoughts that come to ones mind is that one of our players play was appalling, then IMHO you've lost the script. No problem if someone wants to mention that so and so didn't have their best game somewhere in the thread, but personally I thought that level of negativity in the poll after that win was just in poor taste. I love coming here, and enjoy the banter, and TBH I didn't even look at the poll until the comments started coming in, but it seems we can't even have a moment to enjoy ourselves without negativity, like nothing is ever good enough. There was and always will be time to shit talk players, but thought the poll took away from the moment that we should have been celebrating the win.
I appreciate the perspective, always do. :)

Obviously my opinions aren’t always the same as everyone else’s, and that’ll always be a potential issue in any thread or poll that I start. In any poll, I do my best to only include opinions/options that I feel are at least shared somewhat by significant portions of the board, even if I don’t necessarily agree with all of them. And I was seeing a decent amount of RNH criticism in the GDT, along with criticism of the refs and the Kings’ diving. I’d actually say those three things were the amongst the most common complaints in the GDT. That’s why they went in the poll. The fact that I happen to agree with some of the options in the poll is obvious, but I’ve also made polls where I include options I obviously disagree with too.

I’m happy to accept criticism of my “content” (or nontent as some people might prefer ;)), it comes with the territory of starting threads and polls. I’ll admit that I can be blinded by my own biases, however the intent is never malicious or deliberate. That much I hope everybody knows about me.

Reactions: bellagiobob

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
First off I just wanted to say I wasn't trying to be a dick, I like you as a poster and 99.9% have no issue with what you say. And I know you enjoy starting the PGT's, and that's great. But I think that comes with a little bit of responsibility to set the tone of discussion, and you usually do a good job of it. For me, in one of the biggest Oiler playoff wins in 16 years, if one of the first thoughts that come to ones mind is that one of our players play was appalling, then IMHO you've lost the script. No problem if someone wants to mention that so and so didn't have their best game somewhere in the thread, but personally I thought that level of negativity in the poll after that win was just in poor taste. I love coming here, and enjoy the banter, and TBH I didn't even look at the poll until the comments started coming in, but it seems we can't even have a moment to enjoy ourselves without negativity, like nothing is ever good enough. There was and always will be time to shit talk players, but thought the poll took away from the moment that we should have been celebrating the win.
This was my exact issue as well. I always appreciate Cloned posts for the most part just thought it was bad form to include that in a poll after as you said probably the biggest playoff win in almost 20 years. Was not trying to pick a fight at all. Sorry cloned if it seemed like that was my intention.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Just a really curious time to have that poll after a big win and he played his part in that.

What part did he play exactly, muffing multiple chances? Getting muscled off the puck at every opportunity?

The team can win and we can celebrate that, but at the same time also point out poor performances. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This was my exact issue as well. I always appreciate Cloned posts for the most part just thought it was bad form to include that in a poll after as you said probably the biggest playoff win in almost 20 years. Was not trying to pick a fight at all. Sorry cloned if it seemed like that was my intention.
I rarely take any personal offense to anything here. No worries there. :)

Like I said I appreciate the perspective and it makes me consider if I was being fair in my poll options. In this case however I still think it is fair to include RNH as a option based on the frequency of criticisms about his performance in the GDT.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I rarely take any personal offense to anything here. No worries there. :)

Like I said I appreciate the perspective and it makes me consider if I was being fair in my poll options. In this case however I still think it is fair to include RNH as a option based on the frequency of criticisms about his performance in the GDT.
Oh I know you don’t we have both been around long enough to see that for sure. It’s not like you are replacement or anything lol.Would be even longer if the servers hadn’t started all of us over at some point lol. 2010 my ass 2008 is more accurate

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oh I know you don’t we have both been around long enough to see that for sure. It’s not like you are replacement or anything lol.Would be even longer if the servers hadn’t started all of us over at some point lol. 2010 my ass 2008 is more accurate
Drive and I have had our disagreements over the years, but at the end of the day we both know our disagreements stem from our passion about the Oilers (and other world issues). We don’t always get along peachy but I know he’s always willing to hash things out via PM if needed.

I just imprint dog behaviors onto my cuddly cats and its all good. (Yeah I got the dig, some studies show that cat fanciers are more intelligent. Fine, be like that, your father smells of elderberries...
Lol, I actually wasn’t thinking that at all. Quite the opposite actually. I can’t stand cats and I think anybody that has one is crazy.

OK, that last part was a dig ;)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I appreciate the perspective, always do. :)

Obviously my opinions aren’t always the same as everyone else’s, and that’ll always be a potential issue in any thread or poll that I start. In any poll, I do my best to only include opinions/options that I feel are at least shared somewhat by significant portions of the board, even if I don’t necessarily agree with all of them. And I was seeing a decent amount of RNH criticism in the GDT, along with criticism of the refs and the Kings’ diving. I’d actually say those three things were the amongst the most common complaints in the GDT. That’s why they went in the poll. The fact that I happen to agree with some of the options in the poll is obvious, but I’ve also made polls where I include options I obviously disagree with too.

I’m happy to accept criticism of my “content” (or nontent as some people might prefer ;)), it comes with the territory of starting threads and polls. I’ll admit that I can be blinded by my own biases, however the intent is never malicious or deliberate. That much I hope everybody knows about me.
I appreciate the reply. Will just add one more thing, then will leave it be. I question the sanity of anyone who thought there was anything more appalling than the refs or the Kings diving. Must be closet King's fans. ;)

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I just imprint dog behaviors onto my cuddly cats and its all good. (Yeah I got the dig, some studies show that cat fanciers are more intelligent.) Fine, be like that, your father smells of elderberries...

edit: any your mother was a hamster..
So you thumb your nose in his general direction

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012

Attachments

• shooting-target-blindly-vector-illustration-businessman-trying-to-shoot-target-blindfold-vecto...jpg
    shooting-target-blindly-vector-illustration-businessman-trying-to-shoot-target-blindfold-vecto...jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: McBeastMode

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Drive and I have had our disagreements over the years, but at the end of the day we both know our disagreements stem from our passion about the Oilers (and other world issues). We don’t always get along peachy but I know he’s always willing to hash things out via PM if needed.

Lol, I actually wasn’t thinking that at all. Quite the opposite actually. I can’t stand cats and I think anybody that has one is crazy.

OK, that last part was a dig ;)

Very true on Drive though when he was known as Replacement we had our fair share of head butting. I guess I must have missed when he finally came clean on that? Maybe I should have used Keith as an example instead 🤣

Reactions: Cloned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad