Proposal: Oilers Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Both teams have trouble being anything than mediocre. Gets both teams valuable pieces and a bit of a retool.

Oilers get:

Makar
Sens 1st
Kerfoot
Calvert

Avs get:

McDavid
Lucic
Koskinen

You got to know this won't go over well . Plus can the Avs take on 23 million in cap

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Take out the garbage (Kerfoot and Calvert) add in MacKinnon, then we can talk.

That offer is embarrassingly bad. What do you think of the Oilers 1st + Bouchard + Gagner for MacKinnon? I'm sure you'd jump at that right?

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Lock this thread up. No way Edmonton takes this. OP just asking to start trouble.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado

That offer is embarrassingly bad. What do you think of the Oilers 1st + Bouchard + Gagner for MacKinnon? I'm sure you'd jump at that right?

Maybe you fail to see just how much negative value Lucic has.

If MacK is being added then so is Draisaitl.

Reactions: MacBradley

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lol no we aren’t trading McDavid at all never mind in a package where the best current NHLer is goddamn Kerfoot. I don’t care how big the hype around Makar is, that doesn’t come anywhere close to fetching McDavid.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
It's hard to see the Oilers competing in the next 3 years with 10.5m locked up in Lucic and Koskinen. If McDavid is upset now, he's going to be a lot more upset in after missing the playoffs a couple more times. Makar and the Sens pick are massive pieces. All that being said I know it would never happen.

Reactions: MacBradley

howboutahug

Mar 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains

It’s embarrassing you think the difference between McDavid and MacKinnon is Makar + potentially Hughes or Kaako. Bouchard is nowhere near Makar.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Drai can't drive his own line but ok

Makar is the next generational d man
Likely Hughes or Kappo
Good depth pieces
And you get to dump two massively toxic contracts.

Draisaitl did just fine in the playoffs and when McDavid was out, and that’s with wingers that would make MacKinnon wake up screaming.

No, he isn’t. I watch plenty of AJHL hockey and saw a lot of Makar. He’s *likely* going to be a top pairing defenceman but he is not generational or even close. If you were 100% sold on that you’re not making this offer. Period.

Right, your motivations are altrustic. Gotcha. What a load of horse crap.

You don’t trade a McDavid for maybes, mediocrity and cap relief. You get the proven superstar. Edmonton gets left holding the mystery box with an utterly garbage roster and hopes and dreams. Absolutely not interested in the STRONGEST of terms.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780il

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Drai can't drive his own line but ok

Makar is the next generational d man
Likely Hughes or Kappo
Good depth pieces
And you get to dump two massively toxic contracts.

Maybe check out Draisaitl playoffs performance . Oh while you at it check out his play when McDavid was out with the Flu , Now head on over to the games to the 2 games McDavid was suspended for . He was awesome .

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Both teams have trouble being anything than mediocre. Gets both teams valuable pieces and a bit of a retool.

Oilers get:

Makar
Sens 1st
Kerfoot
Calvert

Avs get:

McDavid
Lucic
Koskinen

Ehhh Calvert makes this a no go from the Avs side of things. We decline obviously :sarcasm:.

In all honesty, I find it very funny that you consider the Oilers trading the best player in the world as a "bit of a retool" haha.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Maybe check out Draisaitl playoffs performance . Oh while you at it check out his play when McDavid was out with the Flu , Now head on over to the games to the 2 games McDavid was suspended for . He was awesome .

2 games vs the rest of his career really isnt all that convincing. Joe Colborne managed to score a hat trick once. I could site that as evidence he's better than people think he is. It's just not the truth though.

Drai is a fine player, but he still isnt capable of playing without McDavid. That's fine...great players make great players even better. I don't want Rantanen away from MacK because I don't think Rantanen is capable of driving a line.

Just saying that Drai, while very good, clearly isn't the driver of his own line while MacK is.

Drai just isn't in that same tier as MacK. Not saying he's bad by any measure. He's just not better than MacK.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Ehhh Calvert makes this a no go from the Avs side of things. We decline obviously :sarcasm:.

In all honesty, I find it very funny that you consider the Oilers trading the best player in the world as a "bit of a retool" haha.

Eh already in offseason mode! Figured nobody takes these things seriously anyway and it's all imagination land so why not have some videogame level trades. Superstar trades never happen in the NHL like they do in other sports and fans get too caught up in "we like our guys" mode when clearly those guys ain't getting it done.

Just having a bit of fun I suppose.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Mac is both better and cheaper it's not even a debate

Drai’s the better goal scorer, plays with significantly worse linemates when not with McDavid, and only ever gets one good linemates at a time whereas MacKinnon gets a steady diet of Landeskog and Rantanen, not to mention Barrie headmanning the puck. I think MacKinnon is better too but it’s nowhere near as cut and dried as you’re making it out to be.

I think there would be literal riots in Edmonton if OP’s deal took place. I legitimately got a bit sick to my stomach reading it. So, so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad