GDT: Oilers @ Avs • "iTunes" • 30.03.15 • 7:00PM • SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
Shouldn't Yakupov have had the 2nd assist on that Schultz goal?
Hopefully they change it (again, I think they had to add an assist for Yakupov a few games ago that they gave to Hendricks too).

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Avs broadcasters ripping on the pathetic Avs PP. They are also saying this game will be the end of the season for the Avs if they lose.

Nice to have the Oilers putting the lid on the coffin of a few teams down the stretch :)

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Hendricks reminding me of how it must be really crummy to be a player on a team with fans who have had to get used to hoping for high draft picks.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Still need a decent goalie and better defensemen.

Absolutely. There are a few options for improving those via trade or fa.

I think a real defense coach would be a world of help as well. Watching Huddy work his magic on Myers is infuriating. Never should have let him go

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
LA is actually going to miss the playoffs after having one of the grittiest playofff runs ever to win it all last year.

How the mighty have fallen.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We have a better forward core they have better goaltending and slightly better d

We have better wingers but the Avs have better centers. Varlamov is much better than Scrivens. No chance they even make the playoffs last year without him.

Absolutely. There are a few options for improving those via trade or fa.

I think a real defense coach would be a world of help as well. Watching Huddy work his magic on Myers is infuriating. Never should have let him go

One of the few ex-oilers that did his job well. And Simpson to a lesser extent...

There's still a plethora of problems and unfortunately the problem solver is also the biggest problem.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Hall... "We're just having fun... enjoying being spoiler."

Nice that they are actually having fun as a team and that has to be a positive for chemistry/bonding on the team.

I know the pessimists will say these games are meaningless so it doesn't mean much... but the tide has to start turning somewhere and having the team at least seeming to all be on the same page and headed generally in the right direction under a non-toxic coaching environment is a positive.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Way to go Schultz, i take back one of the bad things i've said about you this year.
Bachman is looking solid again, i haven't seen him have to handle any mad scrambles in front, but solid.
Davidson, nice goal, bad goal... young defenceman, i think he learned that play from Schultz ;)

Let's see if we can hold on in the 3rd, still cheering for wins. I just hope TO doesn't pass us and with any luck Arizona wins enough to retake 28th. However it turns out, winning is better than losing, losing is what got us here.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
LA is actually going to miss the playoffs after having one of the grittiest playofff runs ever to win it all last year.

How the mighty have fallen.

Tough to follow up. Cup winners and losers have very long seasons. And the Voynov situation really hurt them.

LA will be back in the mix next season.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Tough to follow up. Cup winners and losers have very long seasons. And the Voynov situation really hurt them.

LA will be back in the mix next season.
They are fighting with Calgary for it, they are extremely close right now. If either team loses two in a row it could end their season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad