GDT: Oilers at Stars: The "Only the boldest predictions" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Who you gonna call? Slumpbusters! (Oilers)
4-2 Stars with an empty net goal since the Oilers are atrocious with the extra man

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hall Drai Purcell
Klinkhammer Pouliot Eberle
Hendricks Lander Yak
Kassian Letestu Pak

okay I'm gonna be the first to say it, why in the hell aren't you switching yak with klinkhammer. That makes no sense.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Hall Drai Purcell
Klinkhammer Pouliot Eberle
Hendricks Lander Yak
Kassian Letestu Pak

okay I'm gonna be the first to say it, why in the hell aren't you switching yak with klinkhammer. That makes no sense.

651.gif

All the Stars have to do is mark the first line all night and the Oil are hooped.

4-0 Stars.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Predicting 0 power play shots and 1 shorthanded goal against.

Has Tmac actually addressed why the PP is so bad or is he just going with the flow?

MPStoEberletoHall*

4-1 Stars. Going to be a frustrating one to watch. Talbot stands on his head for most of the game, but then some bad bounces go against the Oilers

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers are tied 2-2 with the Stars late in the 3rd... A Dallas player takes a shot... the puck is saved but on further review it's shown that the puck actually becomes a wave and quantum tunnels through Talbot scoring 4 goals at once... Dallas wins 6-2.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Klink in the top six while Yak is stranded with Lander and Hendy :/

Now, how often do you see a guy go down, unable to put any weight on a leg at all, and then return to the lineup five minutes later? This is a major clue, here. I think that in the TB game they gave Yak some kind of shot so that he could keep playing and they are limiting his ice time because he is playing hurt. That's the only explanation for this that I can think of.

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
I rather see:

Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Kassian-Pouliot-Eberle
Hendricks-Letestu-Yakupov
Klinkhammer-Lander-Pakarinen

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I rather see:

Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Kassian-Pouliot-Eberle
Hendricks-Letestu-Yakupov
Klinkhammer-Lander-Pakarinen

I'd rather not experiment with Pouliot at C.

We scored 4 with our lines from last game against TB, Nilsson ruined it.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
McLellan has had a tendency to experiment with lline shuffles in practice and then revert to the norm come game time. I wouldn't take those lines at face value.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Hendricks is actually a solid C... no reason not to use him in that capacity.

Draisaitl
Letestu
Hendricks
Lander

That should be the 4 centres... it certainly isn't ideal but with RNH/McDavid both out, nothing is going to be ideal, but at least use actual centres at centre.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Our goalies are just like our forwards, they take turns in playing well or playing bad.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
If Pou isn't working at C I wouldn't mind seeing PakMan move up into that spot and drop Klink. They tried him in the middle before and he wasn't bad iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad